Got my baby carrier!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By MrsNHigh
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By kary4
  • 1 Post By usnwifey9
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By kary4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2013, 01:19 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm excited, my Baby K'tan wrap/sling-style carrier arrived in the mail on Saturday. Along with my Medela breast pump. Woohoo I am pretty much all set now! Except for that dang nursing bra. lol.
Purrrrrrr, MrsLisaT and jcperez like this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 1st, 2013, 01:29 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Baby stuff is so fun! Yay! I should get my diaper bag, bouncy chair, and hospital bag tomorrow! So excited!
EverydayJoy likes this.

Nichole
April 1st, 2013, 01:35 PM
Woohoo! We're almost there!

April 1st, 2013, 02:23 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
What color did you get? Such fun baby goodies
April 1st, 2013, 02:48 PM
It's olive green. Good color for me, and hopefully for Kody too!

April 1st, 2013, 04:41 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Nice! Did you get the Medela pump free from your insurance company? I am supposed to get mine soon...I put in the order a couple of weeks ago. An absolutely free breast pump, no copayment! You just order it through a medical supply company instead of buying it at a regular store. It's the new law - it's awesome!
April 1st, 2013, 04:45 PM
Nope, it was only $40 (it's a hand-crank kind), so I just bought it myself. I will check though just to be sure my insurance won't cover it. I am getting a free carseat from them, though!
rheaimedved likes this.

April 1st, 2013, 05:54 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Yes, check bc I got a free double electric Medela pump. I got it through Sunmed Medical Supply Company. You just call them up, give them your insurance info, and they will check for you. Then they automatically ship it to you near your due date.
EverydayJoy likes this.
April 1st, 2013, 05:59 PM
OK I will check into it, thanks!

April 1st, 2013, 06:33 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Here's the website. The pump that most insurances will cover is the Advanced Personal Double Pump. Just call the 800 number and talk to a rep. It's so easy and fast!

Breast Pumps | SunMed Medical
April 1st, 2013, 06:37 PM
Cool thanks!

OK question for you...since I already have a breast pump, but it's just the Medela Harmony, the little hand-crank pump, do you think it would be best to get another one of those so I could return the one I bought, or to get an electric one from the company? I am a SAHM so I don't really need an electric, and did just fine with the Harmony when I was nursing DS.

April 2nd, 2013, 12:44 AM
usnwifey9's Avatar Veteran
That's awesome! Let me know how you like your new carrier . I decided to stick with our BabyTrekker from when DS was little to try and save some money this time around ;P. It's a dark blue carrier but I figure if I dress DD in enough pink, no one will mistaken her for a boy too often lol!

Don't know much about the breast pump bit, sorry . We bought a double electric pump from Medela when I was pg with DS, but we never really used it since the hospital rented their much more efficient ones out to us for free ;P. I think I may be using ours this time around, though, since I've heard there is a huge waiting list for the hospital pumps right now =/.
EverydayJoy likes this.

April 2nd, 2013, 09:05 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How do you like the Medela Harmony? That is the one I am looking into getting. Unfortunately, my insurance doesn't cover a pump so I have to pay out of pocket for one. The goal is to stay home with baby full time so I am hoping the $40 manual one will be sufficient enough. Now, if things don't work out and I have to go back to work, I might just have to get a more expensive one.
April 2nd, 2013, 09:40 AM
I liked the Harmony really well. I used it all throughout nursing DS, whenever I had too much milk and he wasn't all that hungry, and especially in the first part where your milk comes in and you get engorged sometimes. It was also handy for when I found out garlicky food bothered him and I wanted to pump and dump a couple rounds to keep him from getting any more of it!
I found it easy to use, worked well for me, and simple enough since it was small. The first time you take it apart to clean it, it can be a little confusing with all the little parts, but you quickly get used to it. Also, there's a certain technique to getting letdown started, so read the directions before you use it. I had a few frustrating times before I got the hang of it. Also, it has options for different sizes of breast shields, so if what comes with it doesn't fit you well, you can buy a larger or smaller one to suit you.

Oh, and I was a SAHM with DS, and the manual kind of pump was all I needed. I've heard if you're working though, it's really nice to have an electric one.
MrsLisaT likes this.

April 2nd, 2013, 10:48 AM
May 2013 Cohost
I am a SAHM too, and I loved my electric breast pump. I actually rented one from the hospital bc I wasn't sure how long I would breastfeed and didn't want to buy my own. It ended up being over a year, so it would have been cheaper for me to buy my own. Oh well. The electric one is faster and more efficient. Joy, I say if you can get the electric one for free, go ahead and get it. It can't hurt to call and ask. Then you can decide if you want to return the Harmony.
EverydayJoy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search