What to do, what to do.....

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Elly M.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2013, 02:09 PM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So last night around 11pm, I started getting cramps (like menstrual) and back aches. I ignored it and assumed they are stretching/ligament pains. No big deal. Well, through the night they got pretty bad, and when morning hit, they really hurt. I took the day off work, drank lots of water and took a nap on my left side. By the time 2pm came around, I couldn't even laugh without it hurting pretty badly, so I called the dr just to be safe. They said that I need to use my best judgement on this one. If I am concerned I need to go to the hospital to get checked out, but its up to me. I really don't know what to do. I am laying down now and I took Tylenol. It has helped some, but if I get out of bed to use the bathroom or anything, it gets pretty bad again. If I wasn't pregnant, I would think I was about to get a terrible period with terrible cramps and go put a pad on. That is how it feels, if that makes any sense. The baby is active, so I'm not too worried, but then again I don't want to ignore something that old be a problem. It's so hard to decide what is a red flag and what is normal.

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

April 1st, 2013, 02:22 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
If its been going on that long without any real easing up...I think I would go to be seen. It is probably nothing, stretching, baby changed positions, etc. But at this stage, any pain that is requiring medication and continues for more than a few hours, I would go in. But it is hard to decide what merits a visit and what doesn't. However, early labor can feel exactly like menstrual cramps and at 33 weeks, I would want to get that checked out. Good luck! Keep us posted!
April 1st, 2013, 02:33 PM
Kenzie's Avatar Photography Momma
If they have been going on that long and that painful I would go in just for peace of mind.
April 1st, 2013, 02:51 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know for me, I would be going in to get checked. It can't hurt, and it might be the best thing to do in this case. Let us know what you decide/find out!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 1st, 2013, 03:43 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is it constant or coming in waves?
I agree with the other ladies, if the pains severe enough for you to be confined to the bed and its been going on for hours id probably go get seen.

April 1st, 2013, 03:50 PM
Super Mommy
yeah what the other ladies said. Go and get checked out and keep us posted.
April 1st, 2013, 04:43 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I agree - can't hurt to get checked out. Then you'll hopefully have some peace of mind. Keep us posted!
April 1st, 2013, 04:51 PM
Brock's minion
I think anything happening for 24 hours or more deserves to be looked at.

Michelle
April 1st, 2013, 06:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Personally I'd probably wait a couple of days, so long as there wasn't anything that felt like contractions happening every few minutes.

How you feeling today??? Did you decide anything?
April 1st, 2013, 06:48 PM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for all your replies . So after I posted about this I fell asleep for a while, which was great since I didn't really sleep last night from all the cramping. When I woke up I felt so much better, so I made myself something to eat and did a few dishes. After that the cramping started coming back, so DH and decided to call the dr and see what he thinks we should do. He said he is not very concerned and that if I still have cramps in the morning I should go to L&D for a NST. He also said if for whatever reason this was preterm labor of some kind, that they would just let everything take its course as if I was 40 weeks. When I heard that it it made me realize how close we all are!! I mean, of course I know we are close, but that really made it feel like our babies are right around the corner! I was told to stay off my feet and not to do much of anything for now. Which is hard because I just want to get my house in order, since you never know how early my baby may decide to to come out and meet us

So anyway, thanks for your thoughts, and I will keep you posted on what happens in the morning.
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

April 1st, 2013, 07:06 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you're doing better! That is pretty crazy that they would just let baby come if that happened! I mean crazy that it's so close to our babies being full term. Rest up and hope you keep feeling better and better.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search