Doctor appointment

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 5 Post By Purrrrrrr
  • 1 Post By jcperez
  • 1 Post By Mrsbowbin
  • 1 Post By crunchywannabe
  • 1 Post By Purrrrrrr
  • 1 Post By misty3281
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By kary4
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2013, 05:00 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
I had a doctor appointment yesterday. I don't know why but I've been going odd weeks instead of even this time around, so it was 33 weeks. I'm measuring 34 weeks, so a little ahead of schedule. Sam's been acting weird this past week (he's usually lazy, but last week he had this weird burst of energy, flipped around from his usual position and then had been EXTRA lazy this weekend), so I asked my midwife to feel around for him.

She said he's still head-down and had moved back to his normal spot... on the right side of my tummy with his butt sticking out so I look completely lopsided. He's lying sort of on his side rather than facing my front or back, but there's still time for him to turn properly (and hopefully not posterior like his brother did). He wasn't moving a lot for her either, so they decided to do a quick ultrasound just to check on him since I've been so sick this pregnancy.

He's fine! They're estimating that he weighs a good 4 1/2lbs and will be 7 1/2-8 1/2lbs at birth (his brother was 7lb 13oz, so I think I can handle that ). Here's a picture of his squishy face!

My Boring Blog
April 2nd, 2013, 05:49 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Glad you had a nice appt. I went for another sono as well yesterday. Baby was measuring average, weighing in at almost 6 lbs! I have 4 weeks to go. We are almost there!
Purrrrrrr likes this.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
April 2nd, 2013, 06:27 AM
Brock's minion
Glad that things went well...so close now.
Purrrrrrr likes this.

Michelle
April 2nd, 2013, 06:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So sweet! Glad you got to see your little guy again! not long left!
Purrrrrrr likes this.

April 2nd, 2013, 06:58 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
I just realized, I'm 4 weeks until full term, and 7 until my due date... but if I'm measuring ahead and second babies tend to come earlier than first... I might have baby in 4 weeks! OMGOMGOMGOMOGMOMGOMG! Major freak-out!
EverydayJoy likes this.

My Boring Blog
April 2nd, 2013, 08:36 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww I love good appt's. I have another BPP today at 1. She was 5.8 on Thursday do I'm interested to see how she's growing in there. Glad everything is looking so good for you!!
Purrrrrrr likes this.

April 2nd, 2013, 09:36 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you had a good appointment! Must be nice to have good news after such a stressful first part of the pregnancy.
Purrrrrrr likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 2nd, 2013, 10:54 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Oh what a sweet picture! Glad everything went well! I'm full term in less than 2 weeks! Ahhhh!
Purrrrrrr likes this.
April 2nd, 2013, 11:47 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
He is darling!!

I will say that my baby does weird movement patterns. I have mentioned it to my doc and they have done a BPP and a NST and she passes with flying colors. But she does just what you describe. She will be crazy-active lady for a week...then will have 2 days where I literally barely feel her and freak out over it. Then she will go back to crazy baby again (her more normal movement pattern). The doc said maybe she is growing or wears herself out. But I do understand that it can be stressful to have a pattern changing kid. Hopefully he works his way to a better position for you!

Glad it's going well Despite freaking out about how soon he might be here! Lol.
Purrrrrrr likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search