When in May are you due? Do you feel baby will come sooner or later?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2013, 05:53 AM
Liztastic's Avatar Super Mommy
I'll go early for sure. At my growth scan last week when I was 33 weeks 2 days she was already measuring 5lbs 14oz, so she is well over 6lbs by now and I can feel that she is big. When I think about all the factors with this pregnancy I know they will want to induce before 40 weeks, even though I would like them not to induce until 40 weeks. Part of me thinks I'll go on my own in my 38th week and I'm going to try everything I can to make that possible (walking, lots of sex and I'm going to ask for a sweep). I'm due 5/13.

Mom to:
Madalynn Faith ~ 2001
Alala Love ~ 2004
Elle Rain ~ 2008
Tilly Moon ~ 2013
April 3rd, 2013, 06:14 AM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm due May 24th, and I feel like I'll be lucky to make it to 34 weeks at this point. :/ DD was born 34w4d after my water broke. This little guy has been giving me a run for my money too, with constant contractions that have started dilating and effacing me slightly. We will see, maybe he'll be my surprise term baby !
EverydayJoy likes this.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
April 3rd, 2013, 06:51 AM
JandJC's Avatar #2 due in April!
I'm due May 2nd. I hope he comes early though! I am soooo ready to meet him!! We shall see

April 3rd, 2013, 07:48 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I'm due the 24th. Doc won't let me go past the 16th. And I will be rather surprised to get that far. My guess is about 37+5 (May 7th). I had a 36+6 and a 37+2 and according to my docs/midwives, that is a pretty strong pattern. But I do think she will be later than her brothers.

Interesting enough, my smaller baby both came earlier and was more difficult to birth than my massive one I don't believe size plays a factor in birth gestation. Unless, of course, the doc insists on taking them.
EverydayJoy likes this.
April 3rd, 2013, 12:18 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I'm due May 4. I think I will go early, like April 22 ish...I was 9 days early with my first (38 + 5).

I'd love an actual May date though...I want a May baby! Plus I'm not ready yet. Hehe.
April 4th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Ryan and Alex's Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
C section schedualed for may 21. Lately I've been really scared that she might come early.

April 4th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im due May 10th. IDK why but ive had a feeling baby will come a few days early for a while now...which probably means hell be late and ill be anxious as all get out lol! I do hope he stays put until May and doesn't end up being an April baby but I'm starting to get ready to meet him already

Last edited by Memi; April 4th, 2013 at 09:45 AM.
April 4th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am due May 18th, but DH really thinks I'll go early, about 2 weeks. He has been saying this for months. DS was almost 2 weeks late, so who knows. I would not mind him being a week early, but I would prefer him to stay in until my due date Don't get me wrong, I am more then ready to meet him and ready to be done with pregnancy (to be very honest). However, tiny babies scare me to death. I love big babies, lol. DS was 9lbs 3 oz and I would love for Chase to be as big as his brother. I am terrified of holding itty bitty babies, I won't hold my friends babies until they are bigger. I know, I'm a wierdo, but they are just so fragile it makes me nervous!!

Sorry for the novel, not much to do at work.

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

April 4th, 2013, 10:15 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Elly--that makes sense about babies. Ethan was full term but only 6 lbs 8 oz, so he was kinda little, hehe. But even the little ones aren't exceptionally fragile. They are pretty resilient, but still, I can understand not wanting to break one! If for some reason my Kody were to be preemie I know I'd be a little nervous to hold him at first!
Elly M. likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 4th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly M. View Post
I love big babies, lol. DS was 9lbs 3 oz and I would love for Chase to be as big as his brother.
I totally understand this. My last 3 have been 9.5 lbs+ and I like when they start out big and solid!
EverydayJoy and Elly M. like this.
April 4th, 2013, 11:41 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DD was 8 lbs, 8 ozs and I really liked that she wasn't so tiny newborn-y. She had really good head control from the first day so that was nice too. I'd like an easier delivery but still a good sized baby. Tiny newborns terrify me too. it's funny how quickly I got over that fear when it was my baby and I was handling her 24-7.
Elly M. likes this.
April 4th, 2013, 12:03 PM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Haha, I'm kind of the opposite of you ladies. DD was 5 lbs 7 oz when born, and a tiny 5 lbs when we brought her home. I love little teeny babies, but that's all I've known! I will be shocked if I have a baby that never needs his preemie clothes we've stocked up on.
Elly M. likes this.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
April 4th, 2013, 10:36 PM
usnwifey9's Avatar Veteran
My EDD is May 15th, and I'm pretty confident I won't be making it that far . DS was born just shy of 38wks with practically no warning (and weighed in at just under 8lbs!), and given the fact that this baby is already measuring a week ahead and w/ extra fluid, I'd say her chances of staying put for too much longer is highly unlikely ;P. My goal is to make it at least to 37wks, and then baby girl is welcome to arrive whenever she's ready .

April 5th, 2013, 03:20 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm due May 14. I think he will reach his due date at least, and be 9+ lbs.

#1 was born at 41w3d weighing 7 lbs 12 oz
#2 was born at 40w exactly and weighed 8 lbs 15 oz

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search