days off?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2013, 09:54 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
DH will have a week starting when I go into labor. The second week after he will work 1/2 time, prolly going into work in the afternoons. It's what we have done both other times too. And it works out fine.

My MIL will be here, but is no help at all. My mom, however, is moving tomorrow and will be here lots when I need help. She will only be about 20 minutes away. So I'll have plenty of help from her (and my dad if I need it).

I am generally the type to want to get back into my routine pretty quickly though, so I don't like having DH home long or people here for a long time. I'll be sick of all the help after the first two weeks anyway.
EverydayJoy likes this.
April 4th, 2013, 01:56 AM
usnwifey9's Avatar Veteran
We're very fortunate that DH will be able to take about 10 days of paternity leave once baby arrives. He also put in for another 16 days of leave from the end of May into the first week of June to accommodate my entire family that is flying in to meet the newest addition as well as enjoy a bit of a mini reunion ;P. (DH is active military and has accumulated so much leave over the years due to deployments and such, so he's practically at the "use it or lose it" stage when it comes to taking leave .) Thankfully my mom will also be here the entire month of May, so if in case this baby does come early and DH has to head back to work before his next leave period kicks in, I will have her to rely on for some extra help . I'm actually really looking forward to it since we didn't have this much help at all when we had DS, mostly on account of living overseas and being so far away from everyone . It will definitely be nice to maybe sneak in an extra hour of sleep here and there and not have to worry about whether DS and baby are being taken care of ;P.

April 4th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
2 weeks. It's going to be hard, but I'm glad my oldest will still be in school. When my youngest daughter was born, he took 5 weeks off.....THAT was nice!

I think my biggest challenge once he's back at work will be mornings - getting my older two up, dressed and fed, and making it to school on time or to the bus stop on time if I send her on the bus. The rest of the day will probably be ok, my youngest daughter is SO awesome at entertaining herself if she has to.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
April 4th, 2013, 05:44 AM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My husband is transitioning between being active duty military to teaching, and he is on terminal leave now. He will be going to school and in the reserves in May, so he will pretty much be home until the school year begins in August. My mom, sister, and nephew are all coming for two weeks when the baby is born, so it'll be a madhouse, and I can't wait!
EverydayJoy likes this.

Nichole
April 4th, 2013, 12:13 PM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
His paternity leave is 10 days. It'd be awesome if I had this baby on the weekend to get a few freebie days!

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search