Vitamins

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By rheaimedved
  • 1 Post By Shufu_in_Shunan
  • 1 Post By SunnyBunnyMama
  • 1 Post By 4 boys

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was wondering if you ladies still take the prenatal vitamins.

I haven't been taking mine for about two weeks now. I feel like it's a must to take them I just haven't had the time to go get them.

Are you all on prenatal vitamins still?
April 11th, 2013, 07:24 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still take mine daily. DH is pretty obsessive about me taking them though so he reminds me quite frequently. Otherwise I would forget a lot more often than I do.
April 11th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do forget quite frequently lately but yes I'm still taking my prenatals. I am also taking a fish oil and EPO each day.

April 11th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Brock's minion
I take them daily. My Gyno when I was in my early twenties told me that woman should take prenatals during all their productive years and that's what I've done.

Michelle
April 11th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Veteran
Yes, all 40 weeks are important but the last 5 -6 weeks are all about fetal brain development so I take my vitamins first thing with breakfast
April 11th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I stopped taking them around week 22. Not for any reason, I just started forgetting after the move and never bothered to start up again. The nurse was really pushy about it, but my doctor said something along the lines of "no study has ever proven that taking pre-natals leads to smarter/better babies." I worried about it more when I wasn't able to eat as healthy as I do now. I'm generally against supplementation since humans were designed to derive nutrients from food and not taking really concentrated amounts via pills once a day.
April 11th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still take mine. I forget now and then, but I leave them on the counter so I see them and remember. They are the gummy onw and are so good! What I have not been taking is my iron pills since I am anemic. I always forget and they are about the same size pills my horses get so I hate taking them. I have a hard enough time swallowing a tylenol. I really do need to get on the ball with that.

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

April 11th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
I was just thinking about posting this question earlier today. I was really good about taking my vitamins every day until about halfway through, when life got super busy with the move and I just plain did not remember them. I still take them if I happen to think about them, but it's not often. I feel guilty until I remember that prenatal vitamins are a fairly recent thing. People have been having babies for thousands of years without them. Doctors here in Japan don't even tell women to take prenatal vitamins. That said, I still feel like I need to get back into the habit of taking them!
rheaimedved likes this.

April 11th, 2013, 08:44 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I take mine most of the time. I do forget at least twice a week or so.
I need to get an iron supplement going, I'm anemic and haven't picked one up yet.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 11th, 2013, 08:54 AM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm still taking mine. I also take fish oil, calcium, vitamin C, and vitamin D. I know I never get enough calcium, and since I've had GD, I eat much less fruit than before, so I added Vitamin C. And my blood test around 20 weeks showed that I was deficient in Vitamin D, so I added in that one as well.

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
April 11th, 2013, 08:59 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've also been forgetting more frequently! I need to get better at that. I take them with dinner and it is the busy nights when we have to eat on the run that I forget to take them. I don't know if it is a huge deal if you forget occasional but I do think that it is best to take them regularly. While women didn't always take prenatal vitamins, I think they used to live a lot healthier that modern day women do and therefore we need the vitamins more.
April 11th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Super Mommy
I do not take them at all. I read crazy scary things about them. But that's only me, I don't trust supplements and medications in general. I just try to eat right.
rheaimedved likes this.
April 11th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy

Awesome ladies
When I was working at the labor and delivery unit we would ask women if they took their vitamins and 80% of them would say "no" they never did.
So I guess it's best I get rolling with my vitamins
April 11th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Liztastic's Avatar Super Mommy
I still take mine, but this is the only pregnancy I've been so "religious" about it. I feel that because I have to watch what I eat so closely and I'm getting older it's better for me and baby this way.

Mom to:
Madalynn Faith ~ 2001
Alala Love ~ 2004
Elle Rain ~ 2008
Tilly Moon ~ 2013
April 11th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
Every kind I've tried made me throw up (even the plain ol' DHA ones). The only supplement I've ever been able to keep down were the fiber gummies.

My Boring Blog
April 11th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still take mine every day, plus my vit d and iron supplements
I can really tell if I forget to take my iron!
WTTC #2
April 11th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I never took any at all, just folic acid for the first 12 weeks. I'm bad. I lie about it to my doctor, too.
rheaimedved likes this.
April 11th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I take mine daily, and I take them until I'm done BF'ing.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
April 12th, 2013, 07:08 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I take mine daily. But it's not hard to remember, since I have blood thinner medication I have to do twice a day...it just has become a routine. I tend to be worse right after the baby comes along and I have no schedule or routine in place for a few weeks. Which is probably also when I eat the worst and need them the most!

I think I would be fine without them, I eat pretty balanced. But I'll continue taking them anyway. No sense messing with something that works for me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search