I need some flipping personal space!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 4 Post By ashj_1218
  • 1 Post By markswife
  • 1 Post By TeeCee
  • 1 Post By Rhonda66
  • 1 Post By kary4
  • 2 Post By LolaBadola
  • 2 Post By rheaimedved
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2013, 12:48 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Which is a hilarious concept while carrying a human within my body.

But geez. I adore my children. Most of the time. But Kieran is going to kill me. He literally can not NOT be touching me, almost 24-7. He has a wicked spring cold right now and I can't even put him down. He wants to be sitting on me, laying on me, climbing on me, touching me, all.the.time.

Holy cow. I am so irritable with it right now. I want to hide in my room for an entire day, just so no one can touch me during that time.

Rant over. Lol.
April 16th, 2013, 01:35 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was about this far along with DD when I had all of my dad that I could take. I had to snap on him one night after his incessant calling got on my last nerve. I told him I promised we wouldn't have the child in secret and that he wasn't allowed to call me again until I called him. Funny part, I actually did forget to call him until about 4 hours after DD was born.

I snapped on him Sunday night because I couldn't take him spelling DD's name wrong any longer. He's been doing it for the last year or so and it just hit the wrong nerve Sunday night. I hope that will keep him out of my hair for the next couple of weeks.

So I totally get how your last nerve is being ridden right now. You have my sympathies! We'll all be done soon so hang in there!
rheaimedved likes this.
April 16th, 2013, 02:51 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh yikes Ashlee, that must really suck. I know that even when not pregnant, when DS gets a cold or sick and gets all clingy, I get really irritable too. Especially when he wakes up crying 4 or 5 times in a night calling for Mommy because he doesn't feel good. I feel sorry for him, but I like my personal space too! I hope the clingy stuff dies down quickly for you!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 16th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hahaha I totally understand!!

I'm like that everyday now.
We need a sign that reads "do not touch" with an electrical wire showing people's boundaries!
EverydayJoy likes this.
April 16th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeaahhhh, it's school vacation week here and so I have DS home and suddenly since I'm huge preggo he just needs my attention every second of the day. Yesterday was miserable because I had to work a few hours at the store so DH had him home while he worked from home, which basically meant neither of us got anything done for work yesterday - DS kept Face Timing me on the iPhone saying that he needed to go to the Doctor and when he wasn't doing that he was bugging DH in his office. He didn't need to go to the Doctor of course, he was just looking for attention, ugh! Then I took him food shopping when I got home and he wanted everything and kept touching everything in the checkout line so I couldn't even watch what they were ringing and how they were bagging - and the kid bagger made a bag super heavy that broke open in the parking lot as soon as I picked it up and a big jar of caramel fell out and broke on my foot. By the time I got the groceries and DS into the truck, there was caramel all over my shoes, in my hair and all over the stuff that had been in the bag with it - good times! Today was better because I made it DS day and we went to the park and out for ice cream and then played Mario Galaxy on the Wii so he's finally happy, but I am totally worn out and just want to curl up in a ball and go to sleep until DD is born.

So, I'm right there with ya - we just have to hold on a little longer! I gotta get this kid out so I can move around without losing my breath in 2 seconds anymore!

Oh, and that was all before the bombings occurred here in Boston yesterday so yeah, that went down as one of the super suck days of all time...
LolaBadola likes this.
April 16th, 2013, 05:17 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I so get it! My 3 year old son won't even let me go to the bathroom alone...he comes with me and constantly opens and plays with the door....it drives me insane! Maybe I should lock it?!
EverydayJoy likes this.
April 16th, 2013, 07:36 PM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
I feel the SAME
And boy I feel like a bad mom, I have been snapping at my kids way to easy and often.
Can't wait to get this baby out and start to be the laid back relaxed fun mom I use to be!

April 16th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
While we're on the subject...can we also discuss husbands? Because lately I've about had it with mine.
ashj_1218 and rheaimedved like this.

April 16th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Rhonda, sounds like a super bad day with the caramel! Yikes! I hope you went back in the store and gave the checker a piece of your mind!!!

April 16th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ugh I KNEW having children was super annoying. can't wait. =/
Rhonda66 and ashj_1218 like this.
April 17th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rheaimedved View Post
ugh I KNEW having children was super annoying. can't wait. =/
Lol, I would say it has its challenges, but you wouldn't change it for the world regardless. My sister always said it was the best thing and the worst thing all wrapped up in one and I'd say now that does pretty much sum it up.

Joy, it was all I could do at the moment to get DS in the truck and just go home lol, there was no way I was going back in with him! I just left the broken jar on the ground, wiped off what I could of the caramel that was stuck on everything and called it a day.
April 17th, 2013, 01:06 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Oh my gosh...you ladies have me in stitches!! I am so glad you can relate, even if it means we are all going to go postal any moment of the day

I am pretty sure that whoever invented the idea of a "baby moon" away from it all before giving birth was experiencing this same feeling!!
April 17th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Rhonda--I don't blame you for just leaving! I would have probably done the same. I probably would have held it together till I got home, put DS in his crib, and then gone in the bathroom and bawled my eyes out lol.

I like that---the best thing and the worst thing all wrapped up in one. That about sums it up! Haha.
Rhonda66 likes this.

April 17th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Super Mommy
Honestly, I have been suppressing an urge to spank the crap out of DD. Don't judge me. Or do. She's been SUPER intolerable. She has been SOOOO moody, makes angry faces and her favorite word is "NO!!" aaaand she loves kicking me right in the belly. Hurts so much. Oh she's not even 19 months old yet.

But I keep telling myself that I must be better than my parents and have more patience.. we'll see...
April 17th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBunnyMama View Post
Honestly, I have been suppressing an urge to spank the crap out of DD. Don't judge me. Or do. She's been SUPER intolerable. She has been SOOOO moody, makes angry faces and her favorite word is "NO!!" aaaand she loves kicking me right in the belly. Hurts so much. Oh she's not even 19 months old yet.

But I keep telling myself that I must be better than my parents and have more patience.. we'll see...
No judgment here. Especially considering the kicking in the belly--that is NOT cool and I'd be worried she'd hurt the baby (or you). That's not good!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search