Matchy-matchy

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree26Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2013, 01:27 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Haha...loving all the responses!

I should have considered that some kids to like it. Mine don't care, maybe that is why I can have this opinion on it. Frankly, I don't even think my kids notice what they wear yet. And most of the families I am talking about also have children too young to really have an opinion about it. And I was absolutely talking about COMPLETE matching...down to the shoes and socks. I am cool with color or theme coordination. Heck, I just bought some Gymboree shirts for the boys to wear in our maternity pics that are coordinating (from the same line).

I have to admit I internally cringe when I see all these pictures or meet them somewhere and they are like little lemmings. I would prolly even be okay with once in a while...but not everyday. (There are three separate families, although they are all friends with one another, so maybe it's a dress-alike cult? Lol)
EverydayJoy likes this.
April 18th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I VERY rarely dress my girls the same. My second daughter wears a ton of my first daughters hand me downs, I don't buy her a whole lot of new clothes because she just doesn't need them. I have bought them maybe 3 or 4 matching outfits in 2 years.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
April 18th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashj_1218 View Post
. (There are three separate families, although they are all friends with one another, so maybe it's a dress-alike cult? Lol)
One of us... one of us... one of us...
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.

My Boring Blog
April 18th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ds2 and Ds3 are 23 months apart. When I buy clothes, I usually do one big trip to Old Navy. They are in the same toddler boys department so I end up getting them a lot of the same clothes in different colors so they are dressed similar, but not entirely. Like Sunday to church, they each wore jeans and tops that were the same pocket style, but different colors. They do have matching Sperry shoes, but that is just because they look good with pretty much anything so I bought a pair for all three boys. I will probably continue to do this as long as they let me since it is easy.
DS-Sully(4)
DS-Gus(2)

April 18th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Veteran
dressing them similarly for theme parks and also in swimsuits that match at any splash pad or water park is a good idea as you can keep an eye on them more easily
April 18th, 2013, 06:32 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashj_1218 View Post
I have to admit I internally cringe when I see all these pictures or meet them somewhere and they are like little lemmings. I would prolly even be okay with once in a while...but not everyday. (There are three separate families, although they are all friends with one another, so maybe it's a dress-alike cult? Lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrrrrrr View Post
One of us... one of us... one of us...

those are the ones you gotta watch out for!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 19th, 2013, 04:50 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my friend has 3 little girls, ages 4, 5, and 6. they are very similar in coloring and size, and when she goes out somewhere with them (like the zoo, or some kind of busy place) she dresses them the same so if one goes missing and they need to give a description she can say "she looks like this" lol
EverydayJoy likes this.

April 19th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
^ I can see myself doing that, if we were to go to the zoo or some place busy. My girls really like the same kind of clothes - my younger one wants to be just like her big sister for the most part, and they both love bright colours. For Easter I got them matching dresses because I knew they'd both love the dresses, but I doubt they'll wear them at the same time too often.

My little one tends to ask to wear jeans or cords more, and my oldest loves leggings and comfy pants....so they're different that way I guess.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
April 20th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Veteran
I think it's cute occasionally but I find it weird for every single day. Also matching outfits in pictures is a huge pet peeve of mine. I think everyone in coordinating outfits makes for a much better looking picture than everyone looking like clones or like they are in uniform!

April 20th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Liztastic's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm on my 4th of the same gender and even before I have not and I will not be dressing ANY of them alike EVER. They are individuals, not even for pictures will I do it. I'm all about them being who they are. I even usually let them pick out what they are going to wear. I rarely pick anything out for them, I might give them choices if we are going somewhere but that's as far as it goes. I do clothes shop for them without them at times but I know their personalities and what they will and won't wear. Sometimes it is a miss and they won't wear something I've bought them, but that's their choice. My 2nd oldest also has sensory issues when it comes to how things feel so she is really specific when it comes to clothes.

I also think it's weird when I see kids in the same outfits. Just my 2 cents.

Mom to:
Madalynn Faith ~ 2001
Alala Love ~ 2004
Elle Rain ~ 2008
Tilly Moon ~ 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search