Off topic

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree44Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2013, 03:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Whoa!!
13 pounds and a few days out.. I think that's great Misty!!!

And Joy.. Pump and dump is if you drink the night before and still breastfeeding you would pump your milk the next day and throw it out right? Would the alcohol be in the milk?
April 22nd, 2013, 04:03 PM
Brock's minion
I have strips (love my girlfriends) that test the Alcohol level of breast milk so you know when it's out of your system. I'm not a drinker but after Brock is here and we have a good month or so of feedings under our belt he will be getting some pumped milk so I can have 1 cocktail.
EverydayJoy and TeeCee like this.

Michelle
April 22nd, 2013, 04:13 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In my breastfeedingle class they said it takes 3 hours for 1 drink to clear your milk. So drink a glass of wine while nursing, baby will be long done before it gets to your milk, and then by the time you're ready to nurse again you're ready and don't have to dump.
Purrrrrrr and EverydayJoy like this.
April 22nd, 2013, 04:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok ok
I just don't know much about that yet.
April 22nd, 2013, 05:17 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nasha, you can buy the test strips in a variety of stores, I saw them at Walmart and I think at Target too, in the baby section where they have nursing supplies. Then if you have any alcohol to drink, you can express some of your breastmilk, test it for any alcohol, then you'll know if you need to wait to feed your baby. If baby was hungry and you still had some alcohol in your milk, you could use saved breast milk in a bottle for him/her. It's usually a good idea to store some breastmilk anyway in the freezer.
TeeCee likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 22nd, 2013, 06:07 PM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
I got my hair cut today (for the first time in, like a year and a half)! She took off about 6 inches, but it's still past my shoulders. I wanted to go shorter, but DS doesn't like it when my hair's down.

I'm also having a girls' day out Saturday! I'm going out with a mommy friend, sans babies, to get a pedicure! I'm super excited. It's been, literally, years since I've gone out without family.

My Boring Blog
April 22nd, 2013, 06:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm looking forward to white bread and a tall glass of milk and a butt ton of ice cream.... there are soooo many foods I've avoided this pregnancy! It's really paid off but I get bread cravings!!
EverydayJoy and TeeCee like this.
April 22nd, 2013, 07:33 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchywannabe View Post
I want a freaking beer! I'll be breastfeeding so I'm not looking to rush it either, but every time dh opens a beer it just smells so good to me!

I have had a few virgin Caesars, which have gotten me through those cravings, but it's a little ridiculous. I'm not even a big drinker... it's just something I want really badly!
A beer can actually help build your supply so one while nursing won't hurt either of you.

I am totally craving one too. Can't wait!!
April 22nd, 2013, 08:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok Joy, thanks!!

That helps a lot

Awww a girls day
ive had lunch with my girls every tuesday after my appointments. I love it!! Not only do I get an appointment to hear my baby is good, but I have lunch and girl chat to look forward too as well...
EverydayJoy likes this.
April 23rd, 2013, 11:58 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I'll take some pics of the frog eggs...it's amazing!!

I did a little reading today and found out that I needed to put some algae and bread in their container...or they would turn to cannibalism Haha. Talk about a close call explaining that to Liam. But they are swimming today and are like three times the size they were as new eggs (we actually got then out of the pool newly laid...so it's only taken 5 days to go from new egg to swimmy tadpole!!). I am such a kid at heart too.

Yay for everyone taking some pampering time!!! And it's so funny Purrrr, my son is the same way about my hair down. He pushes it out of his way if I leave it down. Lol.

So our local GAP is going under (boo!) but I got ten shirts for the boys for next winter for $35! Score
Purrrrrrr and EverydayJoy like this.
April 23rd, 2013, 12:05 PM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
The last time I wore it down, he freaked out and started yelling at me and crying and pushing it away from my face. He seems to not mind so much with this hair cut. I'm gonna wash it tonight since I got it straightened yesterday and watch him freak out tomorrow when it curls back up.
EverydayJoy likes this.

My Boring Blog
April 23rd, 2013, 01:40 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ashlee, sounds like fun with the frog eggs! Good call on feeding them though, hehe!
If you get any good pics, feel free to post them!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search