Off topic

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree44Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sooooo lately its been ALL Babies and ALL labor.
Just like you all, I am anxiously waiting for labor. But I think we need to put our attentions to other things.

So lets chat about non preggo things.

Families, friends, ourselves when we arent checking for spotting lol... Just things besides pregnancy.
Ask silly weird questions.
Admit an embarassing moment.
ANYTHING
EverydayJoy likes this.
April 19th, 2013, 11:51 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dang. Baby and labor are the only things on my mind. Hmmm...
Knitting...I did finish a sweater for a girl friend of mine last week or week before, and it turned out really cute. I winged a lot of it---deviated from the pattern--and I'm glad it turned out ok. I was worried it would look wrong. I did a hat for it too, and the pattern didn't come with a hat...I borrowed it from another pattern and then "edited" it too...so I'm happy to say it worked!
Also have another pretty sweater in the works

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 20th, 2013, 02:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
I started on Nichole's anxious post...

Let's talk about food.
What's on everyone's food bucket list for the rest of your pregnancy?

April 20th, 2013, 06:25 AM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I just drastically changed my hair last night. I am African American, and last June I cut off all my chemically straightened hair and went natural, so I've had this tightly curled Afro for a year. Two days ago, I reached my Afro limit. The hair is so unmanageable, and I'm just not the girl for that, so I chemically straightened it again last night, but I didn't leave it in long enough, so now my curls are loose and perfect. Exactly what I was hoping for in going natural anyway! Totally random information, but I'm so happy! I'll post a before and after picture here when I've figured out how to style it!

Nichole
April 20th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
All I need right now is sweets, and I dont care anymore... Ill est sweets!!

Awe I love new hairstyles!!!
I cut my hair and added new layers making it more alive!
Cant wait yo see your hair
April 20th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Nichole I want to see your hair too! That sounds so pretty!

As for foods, hmm, chocolate ranks pretty high on my priority list, but it has to be dark chocolate. I am keeping some in the house at all times--normally I don't even visit the candy aisle! Usually I don't crave it that often, and if I do, I just make brownies. Now I want to have some sort of dark chocolate every day.

April 20th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am living off of milk and bbq pork rinds at the moment. LOL. Real healthy I know.
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.
DS-Sully(4)
DS-Gus(2)

April 20th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Whats one you guys truly want to eat after delivery that you had to stay away from this pregnancy?

I CANT WAIT TO EAT SUSHI!!!!! Ugh I have watched in envy all these weeks
Mrsbowbin likes this.
April 20th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
There's nothing I've avoided or craved due to pregnancy, so the food thing is sort of irrelevant to me.

It's months away, but I'm starting to get excited about moving back out to CA and just having a place of our own to live.
April 20th, 2013, 10:38 AM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
]

Nichole
April 20th, 2013, 10:47 AM
I love it! Looks really cute!

April 20th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awesome!!!

It looks great!!!

Yay for new hair
April 20th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I want a freaking beer! I'll be breastfeeding so I'm not looking to rush it either, but every time dh opens a beer it just smells so good to me!

I have had a few virgin Caesars, which have gotten me through those cravings, but it's a little ridiculous. I'm not even a big drinker... it's just something I want really badly!
misty3281 likes this.

April 22nd, 2013, 05:59 AM
hangaroo81's Avatar Veteran
I've been craving sushi also....oh I can't wait!!! I started my maternity leave but I didn't exactly finish all my projects so I think I'll finish up today.

I got a pedicure this weekend and I decided to upgrade and get all these different scrubs. Wow, it was totally worth it and I will be doing that more often. Funny story...I'm Vietnamese and I hear all the crap the nail techs say. Yes, they are constantly talking about their customers and how much they tip them!
April 22nd, 2013, 08:32 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
^^Wow...I would think they would be a little more cautious, especially around someone who potentially speaks their language!

I also got a pedi yesterday with my mom. She is going to Hawaii this week and I just wanted some color in my life! It was fabulous. I also got my haircut...cause who knows how long it will be after baby. I tend to let mine get a bit too long between cuts.

I am doing our front gardens this week. I raked them out last week and I need to get some more flowers and some decorations for out there. I also need to plant my hanging baskets. But....today it is sooooo cold! Not even 50 degrees outside, so I am not feeling very gardeny.

We also found tons of frog eggs in my parents pool this weekend and decided to put some in a container to see if the would grow. I figured the kids might enjoy watching them. Sure enough, the doubled in size from Friday to Sunday and today they are starting to "twitch" in movement like ways! Even funnier, I am far more interested than Liam or Kieran. Lol.
EverydayJoy and TeeCee like this.

Super big thanks to Jaidynsmum for my cool siggy!
April 22nd, 2013, 08:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What?! Really?!
Thats a something I always wondered about!! Lol I just always knew those giggles were for a reason. Now I will no longer believe my nail lady Nancy when she says I have beautif uhhhh l nails then starts talking in her language again. Lol bummer.
I need to get my.nails done though. I already got my hair cut

And the frog eggs!!! Omg!! How awesome is that.. Its like watching a human baby double its size in a short amount of time. I would soooooo be more interested then my own kids lol
EverydayJoy likes this.
April 22nd, 2013, 08:59 AM
Ashlee, maybe you could take pics of the frog eggs! I have never watched them myself and it sounds cool! (I'm really just a big kid at heart)
ashj_1218 likes this.

April 22nd, 2013, 09:07 AM
Brock's minion
Things I want-
A beer
A salad (baby is not a lettuce guy)
Sushi (I cannot wait)
A dip in the jacuzzi
A pedi (going this week)
RUMCHATA- I've never ha it but all my friends have been talking about it and I can't wait.

Michelle
April 22nd, 2013, 02:41 PM
Hmm I've never heard of RumChata but after looking it up, it looks really yummy!!! Will have to try it some distant day when I'm done nursing, or do a night of pump & dump after I have a good supply! (rubs hands together in glee)
Mrsbowbin likes this.

April 22nd, 2013, 02:51 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well now that I can eat what I want all I can say I haven't indulged in yet is my favorite wine. Just wait. As soon as Avery is on a more routine feeding schedule and out of the cluster feeding stage it's on.

Non baby news, I've lost 13 lbs so far! Only 32 to go. haha

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search