Is there something you'd really like, but won't be buying?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Skimboardin Mama
  • 2 Post By SunnyBunnyMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would really like a big comfy rocking chair/glider for the nursery... I hate the look of typical $100-$300 gliders, but the chairs I love are closer to $1000-$1500... I'm not interested or really able to shell out that kind of cash for a chair right now, so I think we may forgo it all together. (or at least revisit it down the road)

Baby will be in our room for the first 3-6 months at least anyways, so most night time feedings etc will probably be in bed. And during the day we have a rocker recliner in our living room.

It's one of those things, I'd like, but just don't see how we are going to make it work right now, so it can be skipped.

Anything high on your "I want" list, that you probably just aren't getting?

April 20th, 2013, 09:24 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would love a glider, or a recliner.

April 20th, 2013, 09:26 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Something I wanted that is not on our do-able list, is an Angel Care monitor. It's probably about $100 and just not high enough on the financial totem pole to be something we're going to do. I'm probably going to buy a regular monitor (sound only) because our son lost the handset to his a few months back.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 20th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would say a rocker too. If we were planning more kids, I might consider it, but dh already got the big v so that is closed. I can't think of anything else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forum Runner
DS-Sully(4)
DS-Gus(2)

April 20th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Sweet_Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm a cheapo... I want a boppy but I am too cheap to spend 30 dollars on one or more with the slip covers

Kelsey Wife to Chris with 3 little gremlins and one on the way!!!
Jacob 08/09
Jesse 01/11
Johnny 04/13
Jaxon 07/14

"In MY world of PINK I am surrounded by BLUE!"

April 20th, 2013, 10:33 AM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
I'd love to get a double stroller, but I just can't justify the expense right now.

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
April 20th, 2013, 10:46 AM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've bought or already had everything I want. I'm actually trying to keep it simple this time around.

Nichole

Last edited by MrsNHigh; April 20th, 2013 at 02:43 PM.
April 20th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Mama View Post
I'm a cheapo... I want a boppy but I am too cheap to spend 30 dollars on one or more with the slip covers
You should look on Ebay! I bet you could find a cheaper one. I have sold a lot of DD's baby stuff for dirt cheap, just to get a little something for it.

I want a $200 diaper bag, but I have a very nice one already, so I'm trying to be sensible.

April 20th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
Probably the things I am holding back on that I would "want" if we had the money to blow is boutique style clothes. I can't wait to dress her up but I know it is silly to spend 100s of dollars are clothes she will probably just be uncomfortable in.

I will splurge on a few outfits for pictures along the way
April 20th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd love a Woombie......but they don't have them here in Canada, and shipping to Canada is CRAZY expensive.....so one woombie would end up being over $50.....and that's newborn size only.

I found an alternative at babies r us here though, called a Swaddle Pod.....so I hope it works as well.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
April 20th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
I want a bigger car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Mama View Post
check out your local kids consignment stores! you'll probably get both for $15 at most.

April 20th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimboardin Mama View Post
I want a bigger car

April 20th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Veteran
Oh gosh, I am the cheapest person on earth... well, the poorest too. I literally did not buy anything for this baby. Was going to re-use my DD's clothes (most of which were gifts btw).

But I always stare at the rocking chairs wishing I can have one... I also want good nursing bras and one of those bras to pump. I also always wanted a jogger (now a double stroller jogger). What else? I like how lots of people invest in decorating a nursery and buying beautiful crib sheets/bedding and wall decals etc. But I can't spend on any of that. It would be awesome if I woke up one day and found all those at my doorstep lol
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.
April 20th, 2013, 07:02 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
probably one of the bras that you can pump in. I hate pumping with a passion and that would make it easier.
April 20th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBunnyMama View Post
Oh gosh, I am the cheapest person on earth... well, the poorest too. I literally did not buy anything for this baby. Was going to re-use my DD's clothes (most of which were gifts btw).

But I always stare at the rocking chairs wishing I can have one... I also want good nursing bras and one of those bras to pump. I also always wanted a jogger (now a double stroller jogger). What else? I like how lots of people invest in decorating a nursery and buying beautiful crib sheets/bedding and wall decals etc. But I can't spend on any of that. It would be awesome if I woke up one day and found all those at my doorstep lol
I'm with you! I love the cute nursery decor but can't afford any of it.
With DS, the only thing I bought for him was one single newborn sweater. The rest of his stuff was given to us, including a whole bunch of diapers. We didn't have to buy diapers for months.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search