BTDT moms- Shoes Question

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
When did you start putting your little ones in shoes instead of just socks.

I have only bought a couple pairs and I didn't know what size I should be stocking up on.
April 20th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't put my babies in shoes until they are walking and generally mine start out in a size 5 when they are that age (about a year old).
April 20th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
Ok that helps a lot! I figured it would be more uncomfortable than anything for them early on.
April 20th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Liztastic's Avatar Super Mommy
Shoes?! I'm having issues enough finding the socks I like that actually stay on the baby's feet! LOL.

But in all seriousness, I don't buy shoes until they are older - maybe 6 months, but usually not until they are "cruising". Until then if I want something other then socks I'll buy Robeez something similar.
rheaimedved likes this.

Mom to:
Madalynn Faith ~ 2001
Alala Love ~ 2004
Elle Rain ~ 2008
Tilly Moon ~ 2013
April 20th, 2013, 01:37 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My son didn't get shoes until he was walking at 9 mos. He never wore socks either. His feet were covered in sleepers in the winter and I left him barefoot in the summer. ..he now hates wearing socks and shoes.
rheaimedved likes this.

Nichole
April 20th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Expecting a boy in May!
I also wait until they're walking to buy shoes. It's hard to guess what size they'll be in at that point.
April 20th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Same as everyone else. No shoes until older.
DS-Sully(4)
DS-Gus(2)

April 20th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Veteran
I waited until he was walking, mostly because DS got so cranky when I put shoes on him. He was wearing size 3's when he started walking at a year old. He was very particular about shoes (and still is!) he only liked lightweight shoes until this fall. So he never wore Nike's or other shoes like that, only Croc's and Stride Rite shoes.
naplesmomma likes this.

April 20th, 2013, 02:18 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I would not stock up on any shoes now...their sizes change so quickly, often within 3 months. They say it's better for foot development and learning to walk if they go barefoot anyway, so wait till your little one is walking to buy his/her first pair of shoes.
Purrrrrrr and naplesmomma like this.
April 20th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
With my first, I bought lots of cute shoes.........and all they did was fall off constantly. With my second, she rarely wore shoes. With this baby, I have now given away all my tiny baby shoes because it's just TOTALLY pointless to use them! In the winter, they do wear Robeez though, because those really do stay on and keep their feet warm. My baby won't be wearing shoes until she's walking.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
April 20th, 2013, 03:26 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think Ethan started out with about size 4 or 4.5.
My favorite soft shoe of all are Pedipeds. (www.pediped.com). My mom was the one who bought some for him and they're super cute, soft and they stay on well. They have older kids' shoes too.
naplesmomma likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 20th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Brock's minion
I'm a FTM but have decided no shoes until he's walking. We are having a barefoot hillbilly summer.

Michelle
April 20th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
not until walking or 1 year for us it might be different this time since we'll be hitting winter before he's 1... but california hardly has winter
rheaimedved likes this.

April 20th, 2013, 05:58 PM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
I had shoes for DS when he was an infant, and he NEVER wore them. We just used socks until he was cruising, then we bought Skidders, then regular shoes. DS started walking around 8-9 months, and he was about a size 5 by then.

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
April 20th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have been given a few pair of size 2 shoes, that I guess I may put on baby when we go out, a friend did mention that they can be good for keeping socks on

I agree with waiting until they are walking, and then just for outside, but I figure it'll snow by the time baby is 5 or 6 months old, so we'll need some kind of warm bootie for that time. It is dangerous to put baby in a car seat with a bulky snow suit, so even the ones with feet wouldn't be any good for us.

April 20th, 2013, 06:57 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we also waited until she was 1. I think she started in a size 5. I have so many pairs of smaller shoes that were given to us by a friend. I might try to use some this time just so they don't go to waste.
April 20th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchywannabe View Post
I have been given a few pair of size 2 shoes, that I guess I may put on baby when we go out, a friend did mention that they can be good for keeping socks on

I agree with waiting until they are walking, and then just for outside, but I figure it'll snow by the time baby is 5 or 6 months old, so we'll need some kind of warm bootie for that time. It is dangerous to put baby in a car seat with a bulky snow suit, so even the ones with feet wouldn't be any good for us.
Here's a cute bootie that we used with Ethan when he was small:

crunchywannabe likes this.

April 20th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Brock's minion
Joy-those are the cutest! Do they make them in a ladies 8.5?
EverydayJoy likes this.

Michelle
April 20th, 2013, 09:27 PM
LOL! I know, they are darling! Sometimes kids get the best stuff, don't they?

April 21st, 2013, 09:01 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I'll just say it, I have a good collection of shoes, but I swear it was an accident. I told DH several times I wasn't buying shoes, but then I got a couple of pairs at the shower and couldn't stop myself buying more. She'll only wear them if we go somewhere, but I don't care. If nothing else they look cute sitting in the closet.

EverydayJoy and Mrsbowbin like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search