BTDT Moms - Warning signs?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved
  • 1 Post By kary4
  • 1 Post By NewlyMrs

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2013, 11:29 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is definitely a FTM kind of question but what kind of signs or symptoms did you have right before you went into labor? Could you sense that it was coming soon or did it sneak up on you (well, as much as it can sneak up when you know you are near your due date)?
April 22nd, 2013, 12:06 PM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had no idea.

for #1 I was scheduled to be induced that morning, but my water broke instead.

for #2 I wasn't convinced I was in labor, I only went in to be checked because my best friend and DH were like, "just go see, you aren't going to be able to sleep until you know for sure" and I was 6 cm and he was born an hour later.

I am hoping since this is my third I will know when it is actually happening haha

I can tell you what it felt like with baby #2, maybe that will help?

it started off as mild lower back ache. what woman at 40 weeks doesn't have lower back ache? didn't strike me as unusual, I just got in a hot bath. I was having contractions, but they felt so much better and almost went away entirely when I would get in the bath, so I thought they weren't real. eventually though, I was having to stop, rock/sway, and concentrate to get through them. it happened so quick, it was like nothing and then BAM! it all started happening so fast. under 4 hours from start to finish.

April 22nd, 2013, 12:08 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My hips hurt/ached for two days. The day before I felt like I had to poop all day long, but I couldn't and it hurt oi try.

Nichole
April 22nd, 2013, 12:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lori-- your second experience is exactly what I suspect is going to happen to me! I am so used to cramping/pain/contractions that I'm not convinced I'll know when actual labor happens. People say that you "know," but I am just not so sure!
kary4 likes this.
April 22nd, 2013, 12:11 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
It snuck up on me both times

First I did have a bloody show...but contractions were so mild and spaced apart that I didn't realize it was labor. I had him a couple hours after going to the hospital (I was 8cm when I checked in).

Second, my water broke out of clear blue nowhere.
April 22nd, 2013, 01:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The only real sign of impending labor I've ever had is bloody show and that only happened to me once. The others began with contractions, but when they come on painful and regular, that's a pretty good sign.
April 22nd, 2013, 02:03 PM
May 2013 Cohost
It snuck up on me. My water broke in the middle of the night when I got up to pee. Luckily, I happened to still be sitting on the toilet when it broke - it literally gushed. I was totally shocked and scared and not ready!
rheaimedved likes this.
April 22nd, 2013, 05:00 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For me I had this anxious/something is going on feeling for the week prior. It was like I wanted to jump out of my skin. I am normally a very calm person.

And as posted in an earlier thread my body "cleansed itself" for about 5 days leading up to labor.
rheaimedved likes this.

April 22nd, 2013, 06:27 PM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
nothing really...
With my first my water broke literally out of no where
with my second I was induced, but had been losing mucus plug, and been dilated for weeks before
with my third I lost my mucus plug 4 days before going into labor. The day before labor with him I walked around all day, ate mexican food and had sex. I woke up feeling normal and then I had one painful contraction out of no where, it was so intense that I knew I was in labor.

April 22nd, 2013, 07:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With my 1st, I was over 41 weeks and just started feeling crampy and than labored for 2 days at home and when I finally went to the hospital, my water broke in the car and I went in and was ready to push "Most" 1st time Mama's go past 40 weeks though, so I never expected to go early.

April 22nd, 2013, 07:45 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No warning whatsoever. I had just had my 38 week Dr. appointment and was told nothing was happening so went away for the night thinking I still had weeks to go as a FTM. Lost my mucous plug and about an hour later my water broke. Contractions were mild at first, I have a pretty good tolerance for pain, but oh yeah, you will know when contractions really come on, there is no mistaking it!
April 22nd, 2013, 08:26 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started losing my plug four or five days before but nothing else happened. Went to my doctor's appointment two days before she was born and was still closed and tight. I started having really irregular contractions later that day. My contractions never got regular even on Pitocin so I stayed home until I couldn't take it any more and went to the hospital in the middle of the night.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search