Pics!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By Memi
  • 5 Post By LolaBadola
  • 1 Post By kary4
  • 1 Post By Shufu_in_Shunan

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2013, 12:14 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
How are you ladies doing with taking belly pics?

Anyone doing professional maternity pics ( or already did)?

Any plans for newborn pics after baby is here?

Are you good at organizing the pics (aka:baby books, scrapbooks, online sharing sites, etc)?

Are you photogenic?

April 22nd, 2013, 12:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My husband was pointing out last night how few pictures there are of me pregnant (other than the ones i do almost weekly)... and, it's true. I wouldn't be opposed, per say, but I feel so fat and huge (my face, good lord my face!) every time I do see a picture of myself that I am not ever motivated to do more. I might try to get a few of my hubby and me (he isn't super photogenic) before the baby pops out, just to have a few. We won't be doing any professional shots, but I've seen some really beautiful ones.
April 22nd, 2013, 12:59 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not doing very frequent preggo pics. I guess it's something I look at as kind of a chore. Usually when I take pictures around home it's when DH is gone, and I'm taking pics of DS to text to him. DH is the one who is the big picture-taker usually.
Anyway I've taken I think maybe 5 or 6 belly shots the whole pregnancy. Good enough for me!
I feel like I am photogenic, at least enough for me anyway.
No professional photos. Too expensive.
I'd love to do professional newborn pics, but again, too expensive.
I'm not very good at organizing pics, except for downloading them onto the computer. When we have some special pics we want prints of, we use Snapfish to order them.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 22nd, 2013, 01:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How are you ladies doing with taking belly pics?Hubby is taking one of me every month (it was the most I could negotiate!) I don't have a cell phone, so no "selfies" in the bathroom mirror for me

Anyone doing professional maternity pics ( or already did)? We thought/talked about it. and Honestly I would just criticizes my body and hate myself in them all anyways, so we didn't opt to do them.

Any plans for newborn pics after baby is here? My brother is a photographer, so he'll be doing our 'pro' photos.

Are you good at organizing the pics (aka:baby books, scrapbooks, online sharing sites, etc)? I am hoping to scrapbook. At the very least I will keep a running 'photobook' going to purchase by year 1... but I enjoy scrapbooking a lot and want to make baby's album really special.

Are you photogenic? Not overly so. I don't hate being infront of the camera, but I hate how it puts what I look like into perspective.

April 22nd, 2013, 01:56 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How are you ladies doing with taking belly pics?
Good. I try to takr one a week bc I wish I had taken more my last pregnancy. I feel like im one of the last ones updating them in our subforum.

Anyone doing professional maternity pics ( or already did)?
No. I find tge majority or maternity shoot to be a bit cheesy.

Any plans for newborn pics after baby is here?
Yes hopefully within the first week or two.

Are you good at organizing the pics (aka:baby books, scrapbooks, online sharing sites, etc)?
No im awful. Everything is electronic. I dont ever even get pictures printed off any more..

Are you photogenic?
Fairly.
kary4 and MrsNHigh like this.

April 22nd, 2013, 02:08 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
DH took some of me this weekend on the beach in Malibu. I wasn't really feeling it, considered he asked me "to wear all white" which sounded horrifying since I am GINORMOUS, but they actually turned out kinda cute, except my 3-year-old DD wasn't really cooperating in the ones with her and she looks like a drunk chipmunk (mostly the last one). Here are my faves and sorry they're so large! BTW, I strongly recommend letting your DH or a friend take some! We did a "photo shoot" when I was super-preg with DD and I remember also dreading it immensely, but in retrospect it's neat to have it documented once you're not preg anymore--something to look back on.

April 22nd, 2013, 02:49 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Those are beautiful! I love the one of you and your daughter holding hands!
LolaBadola likes this.
April 22nd, 2013, 02:56 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wanted to do maternity pics and had them scheduled and paid for when I went in the hospital and subsequent bedrest and had to cancel. They don't do refunds and DH wanted to do our own newborn pics so I'm going to wait till she's about a month and do some professional family photos instead. Speaking of I need to let the photographer know. As for scrapbooking and stuff, I try but I'm just not that into it. DH is more into photos than I am.
April 22nd, 2013, 03:09 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
Quote:
Originally Posted by kary4 View Post
Those are beautiful! I love the one of you and your daughter holding hands!
Thanks so much!

April 22nd, 2013, 06:00 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
How are you ladies doing with taking belly pics? I have not been doing well at all with taking belly pics! I wanted to do a weekly photo, but life got way too busy. Plus, these days I often skip brushing my hair and putting on makeup, so I don't particularly want a photo of that lol. I've only taken two real belly pictures the whole pregnancy.

Anyone doing professional maternity pics ( or already did)? I won't be. It can be cute when other people do it, but it's not really my thing.

Any plans for newborn pics after baby is here? No plans for professional photos. I'll just be snapping a TON with my digital camera hehe.

Are you good at organizing the pics (aka:baby books, scrapbooks, online sharing sites, etc)? I usually keep my photos on the computer rather than have them printed out, so I've never really tried before. I think it could be fun, though!

Are you photogenic? No, which is probably another reason I haven't taken many pics during the pregnancy lol. Sometimes it takes me so long to be satisfied with a picture that it's just not worth it. I don't know what it is, but my face just looks weird and not like myself in pictures sometimes! And I know it's not just me because my husband agrees. :/
kary4 likes this.

April 22nd, 2013, 07:34 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I set up my camera and tripod every few weeks and take my own pics using my remote. Not all fancy and fantasy like, but it gets the job done. No professional pics for me because I don't want to pay for it.

When baby boy gets here, I plan to use the Internet and my dslr camera to do my own newborn pics.

I do photo books online: a pregnancy and birth book, and a book of the first year.

I like to think I'm photogenic...when I'm not trying to pose.

Nichole
April 22nd, 2013, 07:38 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How are you ladies doing with taking belly pics? I was so good about this with DD and I'm really struggling to remember this time. I've had about one a week since 28 weeks.

Anyone doing professional maternity pics ( or already did)? no

Any plans for newborn pics after baby is here? our hospital does pictures and I loved how several of DD's turned out. My cousin is a professional photographer so when baby girl is about 6 weeks, we'll do newborn photos, DD's 2 year photos and some family photos.

Are you good at organizing the pics (aka:baby books, scrapbooks, online sharing sites, etc)? I was doing great until Christmas. I have everything ordered but nothing put in albums. THis will be one of my first maternity leave projects.

Are you photogenic? not particularly but I still love pictures even if I almost always hate how I look in them.
April 23rd, 2013, 11:50 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
How are you ladies doing with taking belly pics? Bad! I was good in my second pregnancy, but I am seriously slacking this time. I think I have 8 wks, 16wks, 20wks, 28wks, and 34wks. I took one a week or so with Kieran (I slacked with Liam and regretted it). I am glad I am not the only one though. It's tough to remember.

Anyone doing professional maternity pics ( or already did)? We did I love that we did them for both Liam and Kieran, so I felt like I wanted to do them again. I have not seen them yet...but I hope some turned out (Liam was being a major pill). They are more family pics than maternity though, I guess.

Any plans for newborn pics after baby is here? Yep! I found who I want to use. She is reasonable and experienced and wants to do family newborn pics as well. I am excited!

Are you good at organizing the pics (aka:baby books, scrapbooks, online sharing sites, etc)? Yes, I try hard to keep up with it. We do shutterfly scrapbooks online and print them out. I also keep Facebook fairly updated with pics. We print here and there, but mostly for wall pics or baby books.

Are you photogenic? Not at all I am terrible in front of a camera. It sucks! Lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search