MrsBowbin

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2013, 12:55 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Mrs. B, rather than hijack Jessica's thread about the version, I wanted to ask, you said you have been having contractions 1 hour apart? Is that still going on??

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 22nd, 2013, 02:16 PM
Brock's minion
Yes it's been pretty solid the closest they've gotten is 45 minutes. I was at the hospital today for fluid and NST and everything looked good. I did have two contractions that showed up while I was hooked up. The doc (not mine) said not to worry, that it can go on like that for weeks with a first baby???? They are painful...couldn't talk on the phone through them but I can walk through them. The things you all have said about period cramps seem to be true, it feels like I'm pulling apart.
Sorry such a long reply...the answer is just yes

Michelle
April 22nd, 2013, 02:33 PM
Wow that sounds pretty serious. I never got any contractions with my first baby, just the random tightenings and uncomfortable pregnancy feelings. But never anything I could time or that hurt like that. I wouldn't discount them as being the real deal. I would think that would be something that could go on for weeks with a second baby more likely than a first...since your body already knows what to do.
Make sure you have somebody home with you today! My advice, anyway!

PS did they check you to see if you're dilating at all/effaced?
Mrsbowbin likes this.

April 22nd, 2013, 02:53 PM
Brock's minion
I was 1cm and 50% (I think) last week. I have my "Michelle" support group on call. I didn't expect any of this but here we are. They seemed so nonchalant about it at the hospital I was a little aggravated, but the did go over all the when to come in steps.

Michelle
April 22nd, 2013, 03:05 PM
Wait...so you were having contractions but they didn't check you today? I would have been kinda PO'ed too.
Doctors sometimes ignore labor if it doesn't fit their "every 5 minutes lasting at least 1 minute for at least 1 hour" before they get excited. But not every labor fits that bill--I would pay attention to your body and be assertive with the L&D ward even if you aren't "textbook".

April 22nd, 2013, 03:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hm. Given all the contractions I have (all throughout the day, with cramping about half of the time, for 2+ weeks now), I can't say I would be particularly worried. My doctor gave the advice of every 5-7 min for at least two hours for going into the hospital (or if my water broke, obvs). She checked my progress last week, but I won't have her check again this week. She made the point that very few babies are born at home because a mom didn't make it to the hospital on time.

I say this from the standpoint of a person who only sees doctors/goes to hospitals if it's an absolute emergency.

Last edited by rheaimedved; April 22nd, 2013 at 03:41 PM.
April 22nd, 2013, 03:51 PM
Brock's minion
I'm kinda in the same boat...been having tons of BH's for a few weeks now. I'm sure I'm in "labor" just not active by the book labor. I wish I would have forced them to check me today in retrospect. I know if this continues the way it is ill wait until Thursdays appointment but if it changes ill run in to see my OB.

Michelle
April 22nd, 2013, 04:18 PM
I think that sounds like a good plan, Mrs. B...keep in mind that even contractions that aren't super close together can still be making some changes on your cervix, so listen to your body (which is kind of a duh thing anyway).
Mrsbowbin likes this.

April 22nd, 2013, 06:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't feel bad about not insisting they check out your cervix today. If your water hasn't broken and you aren't having more regular, closer contractions, there isn't really anything they can do. Especially since you have an appointment later in the week anyway.
April 22nd, 2013, 07:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
BTW, MrsB, how's the PUPPP???
April 22nd, 2013, 07:21 PM
Brock's minion
PUPPP still sucks! I have some liquid med that again didn't help. It's so much worst at night then during the day...hope it's all over soon.

Michelle

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search