OMG - bloody show already! *UPDATE in post 10*

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By jcperez
  • 1 Post By Memi
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved
  • 4 Post By pressedfairie
  • 2 Post By EverydayJoy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2013, 06:15 AM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
I am borderline freaking out right now. Woke up this morning and had lost a piece of my mucous plug and there was blood in it. I'm only 36 weeks today, so I was definitely not prepared to see that yet.

I do have an appt. today with my high risk doc, so I will mention it to her. As much as I wanted baby to come a little early, I'm hoping she cooks for at least another week! Does anyone know if GD can cause preterm labor? I've had a lot of BH over the last month, but nothing painful, only uncomfortable.

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!

Last edited by pressedfairie; April 23rd, 2013 at 10:45 AM.
April 23rd, 2013, 06:55 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have GD and from what I have read it does not cause preterm, and my dr never mentioned it either. Good thing you have a dr appointment today so you can mention and see what's going on Are you having any other signs? KUP!

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

April 23rd, 2013, 07:02 AM
No other signs yet, but I did sort of overdo it yesterday - too much walking, cleaning, chasing after DS, etc. I was pretty crampy last night. I'm actually feeling quite normal right now (or as normal as can be expected).

April 23rd, 2013, 07:04 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
If it makes you feel any better, it can still be weeks before you deliver. I lost my plug 2 weeks before I was induced so it can still be some time.
pressedfairie likes this.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
April 23rd, 2013, 07:28 AM
With DS, I started losing clumps of plug for about 3 weeks before, but it only had blood in it once, which was the very last piece I remember coming out. I guess the blood just sort of freaked me out this morning.

What's funny is the first thing I thought was, "OMG, we haven't picked a name for DD yet!!" I guess my priorities are a little off right now. lol.

April 23rd, 2013, 07:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lol!!

Isnt it funny how weird things enter your mind when you think labor could be happening?

Glad you have an appointment. Ive never heard GD causing preterm labor... But your body could be gearing up a little early. Maybe its time you pick a name lol
April 23rd, 2013, 08:08 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! I hope you're able to keep little miss in a bit longer. Keep us posted though!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 23rd, 2013, 08:10 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure but I'm with the other girls in thinking this could be a sign that labor will start soon, or your body may just begin preparing but things may not happen for several more weeks. That's what's so hard with this anticipation is we just don't know.
On your side note, I'm excited to hear what name you choose. Graham was on our short list this time (and we almost used it but we didn't want to start a "G" theme), so I like your taste.

April 23rd, 2013, 08:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I lost some bloody mucus chunks weeks ago, and that baby is still cooking. Just like effacing and dilation, it isn't any indication of imminent labor.
April 23rd, 2013, 10:42 AM
Well, just got back from the high risk doc, and just as expected, she said that the bloody show could mean imminent labor or it could mean a few more weeks. Very exact, right? lol

I have my regular OB appt. on Thursday, and I'm having the GBS test and getting my cervix check, so I'm curious to see where I'm at. Although, with DS, I was 3-4 CM for a few weeks before, so I know it really doesn't mean anything.

On another note, my doc is okay with me not starting any oral meds or insulin for my GD. She thinks it's still manageable with diet right now, since my numbers aren't super high, only a little above target. She just wants me to add more protein and keep lowering my carbs, which I've already started doing. Baby is measuring right on track, though - about 6 lbs. 1 oz. So, yay for a good appt!

April 23rd, 2013, 11:26 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you don't have to start any meds for the GD. Yay for that! And of course you get no inkling of when you might go into labor, lol. Isn't that how it goes? No one can predict it! The suspense is terrible! haha.
pressedfairie and rheaimedved like this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search