Relief

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes
  • 5 Post By TeeCee
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved
  • 3 Post By TeeCee
  • 2 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By branbran543
  • 2 Post By TeeCee
  • 2 Post By MrsNHigh
  • 1 Post By TeeCee
  • 2 Post By TeeCee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2013, 10:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had my appointment. And found out
I AM GBS NEGATIVE!!!

Yay!!! No IV for delivery. That was my biggest fear!! But I won't need it! My heart sings lol
Baby is head down. No weight gain.
I refused the cervix check since last time it made me uncomfortable and freaked me out with the spotting after. I rather have spotting and cramping all on my own.

A side note.. FOB (father of baby) decides he wants to check in with me last night since my due date is coming closer. He says he is "over" the fact of being scared now and it's time "we" call ourselves parents...
WTH?! I've been a parent!! And the fact that he thinks I wasn't stepping up makes me furious!!! I can't believe he includes me with his cowardness! How rude! All I can say is "boo Whoo! Grow a pair because if I have a son, my son will have more balls then him.. And will know the value and I love I have for him since day one!"
April 23rd, 2013, 10:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Your baby daddy is dumb. Sorry you have to deal with him.

Good news on everything else!! I'm also going to pass on a pelvic exam this week.
Purrrrrrr likes this.
April 23rd, 2013, 11:24 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
Ha! It must be so hard to be him and have to grapple with this emotional burden.

Glad you're GBS negative! Are you gonna call that.. uh... guy before or after you deliver?

My Boring Blog
April 23rd, 2013, 12:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He is not getting a call before or after
How ever he finds out that the baby is born, then he finds out. No way I am going to share good news with him. He doesn't deserve it and if that makes me a bad person then so be it.

But yes...
GBS NEGATIVE!! Yay!! Lol
April 23rd, 2013, 01:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He's proven himself to be an unreliable d-bag way too many times. If you ever need to be reminded of that, just search through your old posts, Nasha
April 23rd, 2013, 01:46 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for GBS negative, congrats there!
And GOOD FOR YOU for not calling him. I think you need to tell him what's what and put him in his place! What a d-bag. You can tell him there's no "we" about it...in any way, shape or form! And Lord knows what he's been doing all this time, but meanwhile you have been being a parent from day 1! Ugh...MEN. lol.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 23rd, 2013, 01:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am going to have to disagree. You don't have to have him there, but you should call him after. Keeping the baby's birth from here can be seen by the courts as parental alienation. If he wanted to, he could use that against you in court. Unless he has been abusive(being a d-bag doesn't count), it is his child too. He does have legal rights and you have to be the bigger person whether you want to or not. By keeping him away right off the bat, it can be seen that you are being unreasonable and vindictive(I am not saying you are, but you really have to look at it from a legal standpoint). Don't give him ammunition against you.
Mrsbowbin likes this.
DS-Sully(4)
DS-Gus(2)

April 23rd, 2013, 02:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've seen every part of this situation.
All the way to legal stand points. Luckily for me I have a lawyer for a cousin who speacilizes in family services and has been helping me keep him near but not to close. Courts will look at my hospital documents if he ever takes me to court. What my FOB doesn't know is that he's placed as an emergency contact and as the father of the baby then papers show I never really pushed him away. It's ALOT of work but I know how close I want to keep me but yet far enough for him not to bug me with his childish ways.
Thanks though.. I understand where you are coming from.
April 23rd, 2013, 03:30 PM
Brock's minion
IMO forget laws and lawyers, I think you need to put your child first and giving he or she's father a chance to see them right away is only fair. Screw him he's a ******* but unfortunately he will always be your child father.

Michelle
April 23rd, 2013, 03:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea he's always gonna be blood to my baby.
But after numerous times of coming and going I would say it's okay to see my baby as soon as delivery but that isn't up to me. I don't know if he's gonna feel fatherly that week or not. He changes his mind to many times in a week that I don't know his thoughts till he acts out.
April 23rd, 2013, 03:41 PM
Brock's minion
It sucks so much that guys have this freedom to make a choice if they want to be in their kids lives or not. It's like it doesn't matter to so many of them how it effects the child, or the fact that a mother has to pick up the slack as two parents.

Michelle
April 23rd, 2013, 03:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea
The worst part is that his dad was absent for most of his childhood and now he's given the chance to be a better father for his own child and isn't taking that chance. Instead he's making the same choices his dad did.
April 23rd, 2013, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeCee View Post
Yea
The worst part is that his dad was absent for most of his childhood and now he's given the chance to be a better father for his own child and isn't taking that chance. Instead he's making the same choices his dad did.
Wow that's gotta be some kind of stupid. My husband had a terrible father (his stepdad) for just about all of his childhood but he is working hard to not make the same mistakes he did. He is a great dad and very loving to DS and works hard to do what's best for him and us as a family.

April 23rd, 2013, 05:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea, my dad as wel. He didnt have a father figure but as soon as my dad had me he did everything to provide me with the best. And continues to be a.good husband and father for us.

But Isaiah, well we just know how dumb he is.
I dont want my baby to be.given broken promises. Cause thats all we been getting since day one. I do want the FOB to be apart of my childs life but at the same time as a mother, I dont want to ever see disappointment in mh child once his dad doesnt pull through with things.
April 23rd, 2013, 05:09 PM
It's very sad that you have to think about that at all, but I know you will do what is right for your baby. Keep your head up, and keep moving forward! I think you'll have to just take each situation as it comes and decide what is best at that time. It's just too bad he can't see how he is hurting his own child already. He of all people should know what that feels like.

April 23rd, 2013, 05:09 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you're doing the right thing. He hasn't ever really shown interest or true concern for his child. You owe him nothing. He probably just wants to be in it for the birth to ooh and aah over the new baby, then when things get tough, and midnight feelings kick in, he'll be out again. He knows how to contact you. It's not your responsibility. And he surely won't ever try to fight you for custody. He couldn't be bothered with that kind of responsibility.
TeeCee and SunnyBunnyMama like this.

Nichole
April 23rd, 2013, 08:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes..
My family is planning on how things will work within the delivery moment and I am not including him in plans. I just no longer see the point and my family has done the same.
EverydayJoy likes this.
April 23rd, 2013, 08:26 PM
I'm glad your family is on board now.

April 23rd, 2013, 08:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes..
Me too
I feel happy about how they realize not to pressure me anymore about him.
Before I felt like I needed him to be with me but with my family keeping their questions to themselves has helped ALOT. I no longer feel the need to have a relationship
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search