Nosebleed!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2013, 01:39 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
This morning when I woke up to pee my nose started gushing blood and wouldn't stop for almost a 1/2 hr. I've never had that happen to me before, not even with DD. Anyone else getting them?

I started taking Evening Primrose oil a week or so ago. Hope that isn't what caused it...

April 23rd, 2013, 01:41 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I only had a nosebleed one time like that, it was when I was a kid. I woke up thinking I had a runny nose, and looked in the mirror and it was blood!

I think nosebleeds are more common during pregnancy, because the nasal tissues are more swollen and delicate.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 23rd, 2013, 01:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not to mention all the extra blood you have in your body!
EverydayJoy likes this.
April 23rd, 2013, 03:34 PM
Brock's minion
Nose bleeds are no shocker during pregnancy. Sinuses are inflamed and your blood volume is so much higher. I've had them since very wary second trimester, although 1/2 hour of solid bleeding sounds a little excessive.

Michelle
April 23rd, 2013, 06:21 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
I haven't had any that were really gushing during pregnancy, but I have had some that required a tissue for quite a while. I've read that nosebleeds during pregnancy are normal, but I asked my doctor about it, just in case. The doctor told me it's normal, too. I think she may have asked if I also had a headache along with it (I didn't), so I don't know if that would change things or not.

April 23rd, 2013, 06:24 PM
Veteran
Oh I am used to nosebleeds, pregnant or not (started when I was a teenager :\ ). While pregnant though, I have them a lot more.. every single day.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search