Reached my limit

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 2 Post By MrsNHigh
  • 2 Post By kary4
  • 1 Post By Skimboardin Mama
  • 2 Post By MrsNHigh
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved
  • 1 Post By Skimboardin Mama
  • 1 Post By MrsNHigh

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2013, 01:53 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm a teacher, and we have 5 more weeks of school. 6 more weeks until my due date. Today, everyone and everything is getting on my nerves! I'seriously considerably starting maternity leave in 3 weeks. I'm trying to decide if two weeks of peace is worth going back to work 2 weeks earlier. If I don't take leave, and he comes on his due date, I'll return to work on November 13. If I do leave in 3 weeks, then I return October 30. I don't know what to do. I know I'm not doing any good at work with this attitude.

Nichole
April 23rd, 2013, 01:59 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hm, if it was me, and this is just my opinion, I'd seriously consider going early. With you having all the way till the end of October before you have to go back, that's quite a nice leave! I'd say 2 weeks one way or the other won't make much difference in that case. But that's just me!
ashj_1218 likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 23rd, 2013, 02:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Agree with Joy. Do you just have subs covering you while you're out?
April 23rd, 2013, 02:46 PM
I'd have a random sub for this year and the sub for next year is already hired. Also, if I got bsck in November, he'd be in daycare for 2 weeks then start thanksgiving break. I'd like him to have time to get used to it before being home for a week. I think I'm going to do it!
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.

Nichole
April 23rd, 2013, 02:51 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I think you should take the leave now. You can use the extra time to relax, get stuff done before baby, and spend some quality time with your son. The job isn't worth it! (I taught for 7 years before my son was born!)
April 23rd, 2013, 03:11 PM
Brock's minion
I think it's best for you to have less stress now!! Good luck with your choice.

Michelle
April 23rd, 2013, 03:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
I'd leave and I did right at 37 weeks What grade level are you teaching? I decided to leave early so I could get back to work earlier because their's nothing worse than starting mid-school year with a class that lacks structure.
rheaimedved likes this.

April 23rd, 2013, 04:07 PM
I teach 9th grade English. The sub for my next year is a certified teacher with 15 years of experience, so I'm not too worried about how she handles the kids. This year completes my 8th year of teaching. I love and hate it, and at this point in pregnancy, most things just set me off and sour me for the day. I'm finding that I'm becoming more useless as the days go on. I'll get all my paperwork filled out this week. I don't think I'm going to tell the principal until May 10th though; I don't want him tacking on more things for me to do before I leave.

Nichole
April 23rd, 2013, 04:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So many good reasons to leave early
MrsNHigh likes this.
April 24th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Veteran
Leave when you can. I am also a teacher and have less than 2 weeks until I'm due but I'm finishing on Friday, cant wait! I've found the last week or two really tough because I have to stand all day and be active, my back is really killing me and I'm swollen all the time. I only get 4 months leave so have to push it as far as I can but if I was you I would enjoy the rest while I had the chance!
April 24th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNHigh View Post
I teach 9th grade English. The sub for my next year is a certified teacher with 15 years of experience, so I'm not too worried about how she handles the kids. This year completes my 8th year of teaching. I love and hate it, and at this point in pregnancy, most things just set me off and sour me for the day. I'm finding that I'm becoming more useless as the days go on. I'll get all my paperwork filled out this week. I don't think I'm going to tell the principal until May 10th though; I don't want him tacking on more things for me to do before I leave.
good call about waiting. everyone was pulling me left and right the week I had to leave... i finally just made our dept chair a list of all my unfinished work and left it at that I was so over it.
EverydayJoy likes this.

April 24th, 2013, 01:27 PM
I will leave two weeks before the end of the school year. I really don't want to deal with finals and grades and checking out of my classroom. It'll just come as a surprise...unless baby boy makes an appearance before that. I'm trying to get my lessons together though...I'll at least give them that!
EverydayJoy likes this.

Nichole

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search