pelvic pain?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By SunnyBunnyMama
  • 1 Post By SunnyBunnyMama
  • 1 Post By Memi

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2013, 07:19 PM
Super Mommy
I know most of us have already experienced (or are still experiencing) some kind of abdominal-pelvic-lower back pressure/pain. I had some pain last week. I told my midwife about it, I explained that sometimes when I sit down or lie down, it's painful to try to get up. She said it was very normal as baby is putting pressure on my bones etc

Well, today I am having unbearable pain in the pelvis-groin area. I think I caused it too. I resumed walking: went for a walk yesterday and today (but only for 20 min each) and I have been nesting like crazy for the past week. Now I cannot move. It hurts SOOOOO much. I can't sit down, I can't lie down..etc. I put my DD in the bathtub for her night bath and decided to 'bathe' with her.. the warm water helped but then I couldn't get up at all. I could not bend and wear my clothes. I lied down a bit to rest and left her without a diaper.. I honestly could not move at all for fifteen minutes, I tried to sit down but it was too painful to make any movement. She started crying bc she got hungry and I was struggling and trying to pull myself up, but I couldn't... then I started crying too so she freaked out. Poor thing. I really don't know how I am going to survive the coming days/weeks. I hope it gets better.

Any magical solutions?
Skimboardin Mama likes this.

Last edited by SunnyBunnyMama; April 23rd, 2013 at 07:21 PM.
April 23rd, 2013, 07:26 PM
Kenzie's Avatar Photography Momma
I'm right there with you unfortunately. I haven't found a solution yet but my midwife says it is because Carter is sitting so low.
April 23rd, 2013, 07:35 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no! I'm sorry for both of you. I haven't had that kind of pain yet. I don't have any suggestions except maybe an epsom salt bath? That can help with sore muscles/joints. Tylenol...hot packs...rest. Unfortunately with pregnancy you can't really do much for aches and pains

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 23rd, 2013, 07:39 PM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you are having so much pain I must be so frustrating! How many weeks are you now?

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

April 23rd, 2013, 07:52 PM
Super Mommy
I am almost 37 weeks along.

I have been trying to sleep, but I can't. I have been having problems going to sleep lately despite the fact that I am so wiped out. After this baby, I am done. I changed my mind, I don't want to have four kids.
rheaimedved likes this.
April 23rd, 2013, 08:07 PM
Brock's minion
I'm in there with you also. I'm 38+2 and its been really rough...I've found nothing to help...let me know if you figure anything out.

Michelle
April 23rd, 2013, 08:12 PM
Veteran
Unfortunately, I don't have any advce. Just that I am there too. The pain is really terrible. I stopped walking about two weeks ago and it has helped some although I feel very slothful now. I think the last month is just a lose- lose situation waiting for one helluva win!

April 23rd, 2013, 08:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Tylenol, warm baths, lie on your side with lots of pillows between your legs and supporting your stomach... and just deal with it, unfortunately. Sitting on couches is particularly bad for me, so you might try to sit either on a big ball (the best!) or at least a firm chair. Also, walk less. I know 20 minutes isn't a lot, but I can barely even handle that (we go for one, slow 15 minute walk with the dogs every day). I go to the gym almost every day to use the elliptical because, for whatever reason, it doesn't hurt at all, so if that is an option, do it. Also, starting to do some stretches for your hip flexors, hips, inner thighs, and hamstrings can help relieve pain a little bit.
April 23rd, 2013, 08:59 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can only commiserate bc I have that unbearable pain too. Oddly enough mine is by far the absolute most painful when I'm laying down. It's just excruciating and feels like I'm being stabbed with a knife down there. I keep being reassured by my midwives that it's normal too. While I had the intense pressure my first pregnancy, I did not have this pain along with it. It's awful. I'm sorry you're feeling it this badly as well
rheaimedved likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search