What a night..so far

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes
  • 7 Post By Mrsbowbin
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved
  • 1 Post By MrsNHigh
  • 1 Post By kary4
  • 1 Post By Counting our Blessings
  • 1 Post By Mrsbowbin
  • 2 Post By markswife

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2013, 10:31 PM
Brock's minion
As a FTM in starting to realize I'm scared. My contractions are still very far apart (like 45-1hr), but I just lost a nice chunk of mucus plug. I know that means nothing and in normal life I'm very logical but currently I think I should be in the hospital with a full medical team watching over me while I sleep.
I feel like I'm playing doctor a little and trust me when I say I'm not qualified !

Michelle
April 23rd, 2013, 10:37 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mrs. B, I understand how that feels, I know even as a second time mom I'm still going to want to rush into the hospital when I know labor is beginning. You're welcome to go in and get checked, if it makes you feel better! Although you'll probably sleep better in your own bed, so if you want to try to rest some more, home is a good place to do it.
I'm guessing if you lost your plug and you're still having those contractions then more consistent labor is probably not very far off (well, relatively speaking). If you can, rest up tonight, in case the real deal is coming, you'll want to be rested. But I know for me I wouldn't sleep a wink, hehe!

Hey, are you planning to get an epidural or are you going to try "natural"? Just curious.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 23rd, 2013, 11:01 PM
Brock's minion
I want to go as far as I can natural but have not ruled out meds or Epi if I can't do it.

I want more then anything not to overreact, I plan on staying home until I meet the correct criteria or can't take it anymore.

Michelle
April 23rd, 2013, 11:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Totally relate to being scared... I'm still in disbelief that this is happening at all. I feel like I hardly sleep these days, withthe anxiety piled on top of the discomfort and constant urination...
kary4 likes this.
April 23rd, 2013, 11:14 PM
Mrs. B, it's ok to freak out a little...cut yourself some slack. Go in when you feel like it!

April 23rd, 2013, 11:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would feel the same way..
If I were you I would try to stay home in the comfort of your zone for awhile longer. And go when you feel the pressure is to much.
April 24th, 2013, 03:25 AM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wasn't scared last time, but I anticipate a freak out this time around. Good luck, I hope it happens soon for you.
rheaimedved likes this.

Nichole
April 24th, 2013, 03:50 AM
May 2013 Cohost
I'm a second time mom and I'm terrified. We're going to the hospital at the first sign of labor. Every night I go to bed wondering if tonight is the night. I can't wait for this to be over, though I know the real work begins when she is here.
EverydayJoy likes this.
April 24th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is my second time, and I am the same way. I know that as I get a little further along, I will be very anxious about very little feeling. Like joy said, cut yourself some slack and do whatever feel right to you

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

April 24th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I wasn't scared with my first, I think ignorance was bliss for me, but this is number 10 and I'm more scared for each one . But it is a process woman have been doing for years, and the last month is a little tough. Try and enjoy it and nights seem to be the worst when the mind wanders.
rheaimedved likes this.

April 24th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Mrs. B, how you doing today?

April 24th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Brock's minion
Joy-
So sweet of you to ask. I am over it all today and staying in bed to watch TV and nap. Still contracting at about the same rate, I'm excited to see my doc tomorrow because if he is on call Friday or Saturday I have a gut feeling I will be having the baby then. Hope your LO is staying put until daddy gets back.
rheaimedved likes this.

Michelle
April 24th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Thankyou! I'm glad you're resting, and hope you get to meet your LO soon!

April 24th, 2013, 11:37 AM
WantingAnother's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you are getting some rest! I was nervous and scared too and this was my 5th baby so it's natural to worry.

April 24th, 2013, 01:33 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think being nervous and anxious is so common at our stage. I'm a second time mom with a schedule c section and I'm still nervous and anxious. Before we know it, all our little ones will be here and we will be celebrating all their firsts as a play room. Labor & delivery, no matter how it looks, is so worth it. Look at how many of us chose to do it again!! I hope yours goes smoothly for you. And I hope it's this weekend!!
EverydayJoy and Mrsbowbin like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search