Killer!!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes
  • 1 Post By TeeCee
  • 1 Post By MrsLisaT
  • 3 Post By 4 boys
  • 2 Post By mrsjl
  • 1 Post By Counting our Blessings
  • 2 Post By TeeCee
  • 3 Post By kary4
  • 1 Post By MrsNHigh
  • 2 Post By usnwifey9
  • 1 Post By TeeCee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I only know of two of us that dont know the gender of the baby. Lisa and I.

Anyone else waiting till birth to find out if its a boy or girl?

If so... How are you dealing with it? I am soon to be 38 weeks and the fact that I dont have a clue to gender.. I feel really unprepared! Ive held off on clothes. I had to pick out a boy/girl color for my infant car seat. Which I hate because if I have a girl I rather have girl colors and if I have a boy I want boy colors.
And no matter my urge for nesting... I still never get to finish it because I feel as if though it wont look good without gender specific colors.
MrsLisaT likes this.
April 24th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Ryan and Alex's Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I couldn't handle not knowing. I like to know to be prepared. I don't know who you women can wait lol!

April 24th, 2013, 10:53 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is so hard waiting!! Though, now that I am less than 3 weeks away it's kind of nice having the excitement of knowing that I will be finding out soon. And, I admit, I did buy some separate boy and girl clothes at a consignment sale a couple of weeks ago. I cannot have a girl and not have any pink or flowers! LOL. I also bought some cute headbands in case it is a girl so we can have hospital pictures with them on. And, I actually like having gender neutral baby gear. I want to have more children so it is nice to have things that I can reuse no matter the sex.

Do you have any guesses on what you are having? I was convinced for the first half of my pregnancy that I was having a girl but then at my ultrasound I thought I saw something (even though the tech went really fast and it was probably my eyes playing tricks on me) so now I am leaning towards boy. Do you get a lot of people giving you their expert opinions on the matter? I hear all the time, you must be having a boy because your carrying the baby this way, or, it is definitely a girl because of this. Haha, I just love how everyone has an opinion!
TeeCee likes this.
April 24th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know gender either!!! I am really sick of not knowing, but it is kind of exciting at the same time. EVERYONE in my life thinks I'm having a girl, but I'm pretty sure that's only because they all want one.

TeeCee, I've just been getting gender neutral stuff or using the boy things I already have. I have enough neutral things up to about size 6 months and after that I will get gender-specific stuff. I MEANT to only buy neutral for 0-3 months but I kept seeing super cute things I couldn't resist.
April 24th, 2013, 11:00 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm going to guess that teecee is having a girl, and lisa is having a boy.
MrsLisaT and TeeCee like this.

April 24th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan and Alex's Mommy View Post
I don't know who you women can wait lol!
Well, for me it's because I just didn't have a choice. Otherwise I would have found out.
April 24th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't know for sure...the doctor couldn't get a good look and we only do one ultrasound Being number 10, we have clothes either way so we have boy and girl clothes out. Personally, I don't like gender neutral..I like to show off my baby boy or girl

With number 1, I didn't know by choice and didn't like it. I liked planning for a little girl or boy. So we found out on all the rest. This one the doctor said is 60% girl
We don't choose a name until after birth, so that's enough of a surprise.

But everyone does it different and there is no right or wrong way to do it. Most of our baby gear doesn't make it past a few babies anyway and it's used when we get it, so we don't plan on using it all for all the babies. We have a blue triple stroller for 3 of our boys and that will pass to the girls as well, but I do enjoy having either boy or girl gear

Hang in there, it will be soon!
MrsLisaT likes this.

April 24th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes Lisa, everyone says.... Ohhh your having a girl your belly is tiny. Or your having a boy because you eat spicy food. Ive eaten spicy food my entire life... Lol
I was convinced I was having a girl. I mean all I did was dream of a lil girl in my dreams. Even to the point where I had twins and both were girls. As soon as I hit 25 weeks... I had no clue. I am not being drawn to any gender.
All I know is I will have a baby. Lol
Yea, I want flowers and tons of pink for a girl. I am not mentally prepared for a boy. So we will see how that goes.
I think secretly I want a boy I just wont admit it.

So Lisa, if you have a boy... Will you return the girl items?
MrsLisaT and rheaimedved like this.
April 24th, 2013, 11:45 AM
May 2013 Cohost
I actually think it may be the opposite - TeeCee has a boy and Lisa ends up with a girl. Or both have boys.
MrsLisaT, MrsNHigh and TeeCee like this.
April 24th, 2013, 12:30 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm calling boy for TeeCee too!
TeeCee likes this.

Nichole
April 24th, 2013, 12:47 PM
usnwifey9's Avatar Veteran
You ladies have far more restraint than I do; I'm a planner and all about the instant gratification of knowing baby's gender ahead of time, lol! I will say, though, that I did have some of that uneasiness towards the end of my pregnancy with DS since I only had one u/s around 22wks that pointed to him being a boy. I actually packed a gender neutral outfit in his coming home baby bag "just in case" ;P. Once I found out we were expecting a girl this time, every chance I got at an u/s I would ask the doc and/or tech to double-check that baby still had all her girl parts, lol. As Lisa said, though, you're only a few weeks from finally finding out baby's gender and then you will have a BLAST shopping for gender-specific items for your little one .
MrsLisaT and TeeCee like this.

April 24th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well this is exciting!!
And the best part of all..
Lisa ans and I are only one day apart on our due dates!
Which makes this sooooo much more intersting.

Love all the guessing. Only 16 more days till we know. Or hopefully sooner.
MrsNHigh likes this.
April 24th, 2013, 03:07 PM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
TeeCee, the only gender specific items I bought were used so no returning. I'll probably either keep what I don't need for possible future babies or give it to the next person I know how is having that sex.

Is it just the 4 of us (TeeCee, Counting our blessings, 4 boys) that don't know? I thought it used to be a bit more than that.
April 24th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh okay..
I just bought an infant car seat. That's my only item.

I thought it was just Lisa and I that didn't know...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search