I'm on bed rest :(

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By rheaimedved
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By miss britt
  • 1 Post By Memi
  • 1 Post By miss britt

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Veteran
I got put on modified bed rest Friday for the remainder of the pregnancy, I went to my regular appointment on Thursday and my blood pressure was slightly high, 140/87 but I don't have much swelling and only trace protein in my urine, so no preeclampsia, yay! They did a NST and baby girl was being very lazy so I had to drink juice and they "buzzed" her twice to get her moving more. I started a 24 hour urine when I left and came back for a follow up the next afternoon. My blood pressure was still high but better, 132/82, and my urine test came back normal. They rechecked my pressure twice and it was all over the place so she told me to stop working and stay off my feet.

My blood pressure has been crazy up and down all day and we did another NST today, baby girl was just as lazy as the first time so we are repeating it tomorrow. I'm super disappointed that high blood pressure is rearing its ugly head again! I think I've overdone it with all my crazy preparations for her arrival! So here's to hoping I can get my butt to relax for awhile and that baby girl will perk up a little bit!

April 27th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I guess we'll be seeing a lot more of you on the forum, then Sorry to hear about the blood pressure, but it doesn't sound very serious. Plus, there isn't much time left anyway... so enjoy the rest!
April 27th, 2013, 10:07 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you're stuck on bed rest! That's gotta be frustrating. I hope your little girl gets more active for you next time they take a peek at her!
miss britt likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 28th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I totally feel your pain bc ive been in the exact same boat for two weeks now. Its tough. But TBH your BP readings do not seem high to me. Im surprised they were concerned enough of those reading to pull bedrest.

April 29th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Veteran
Memi I don't know how you have been doing this for 2 weeks already! I'm sorry! This is day three and I just want to jump up and DO something! And you have a toddler too, which makes it 100 times harder for me! I just want to fix his lunch and play with cars when he asks, kills me to say I can't. How is your LO tolerating everything?

They main reason she wanted me off my feet is my previous history with preeclampsia, she said bed rest won't prevent it completely but it might help. I've had perfect blood pressure readings up until this point, which is similar to how my preeclampsia started except it was so much higher then. Also I work as an xray tech and am on my feet the whole shift most days, that's when my blood pressure was getting weird. So between my history, my job, and LO being very lazy she just wanted to try to prevent anything worse from happening.

We repeated the NST Sunday and the baby moved much better! They took my pressure every 15 mins during the test and it's crazy how different they would be, 116/67 and 120/101 in 15 minutes! So crazy! So I saw the OB today and luckily my pressure was good and baby has stayed active!
EverydayJoy likes this.

April 29th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Glad you got good news today. I hope the time goes fast for you!

April 29th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss britt View Post
Memi I don't know how you have been doing this for 2 weeks already! I'm sorry! This is day three and I just want to jump up and DO something! And you have a toddler too, which makes it 100 times harder for me! I just want to fix his lunch and play with cars when he asks, kills me to say I can't. How is your LO tolerating everything?
Ihavent been the best patient but im trying. Not doing anything is hard. DS has gone to daycare full time since I was put on bedrest. I had some guilt with that but im not suppose to physically be taking care of him all day by myself and he honestly loves going to play with his friends. When hes home tho I dont really deny him my time. We do lots of movies on the couch snuggeling. Lots of puzzles on the floor. As my BP has stabelized ive started making his meals again and running after him a bit.
Hang in there Hun!!
miss britt likes this.

April 29th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Those are on par with my BP readings this whole pregnancy...(well the lower one at least). Hopefully this will keep baby cooking a little while longer!

Glad to hear you and baby are still doing well!

April 30th, 2013, 01:55 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Ugh. I feel your pain. Should we make a sub-forum? Lol.

I hope baby shows up soon for all of us bed rest gals. It's hateful with little ones running around...and nesting! Hang in there
April 30th, 2013, 02:19 PM
I wonder how many ladies do we have right now that are on bed rest besides you two?

May 1st, 2013, 09:22 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memi View Post
Ihavent been the best patient but im trying. Not doing anything is hard. DS has gone to daycare full time since I was put on bedrest. I had some guilt with that but im not suppose to physically be taking care of him all day by myself and he honestly loves going to play with his friends. When hes home tho I dont really deny him my time. We do lots of movies on the couch snuggeling. Lots of puzzles on the floor. As my BP has stabelized ive started making his meals again and running after him a bit.
Hang in there Hun!!
I wish we had DS in daycare, he is getting so bored and acting out. My mom has been taking him to her house for a few hours in the evening but it's not the same cause there is still no kids to play with. We did watch Cars on the couch today, and we've been doing Legos on the bed, but the weather is finally beautiful here and he wants to be outside so bad.

Ash we should have a subform! The Barnyard Bedrest Club lol! All these babies will be here soon and this will be an annoying little memory!
EverydayJoy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search