We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
For those of you who are already considered full-term (37+ wks), are you trying or hoping to postpone labor until a specific date or time?
Considering how impatient I have been to have this baby since I hit 37wks last Wednesday, I have been contracting pretty frequently over the last hour or so and am now trying to convince DD to stay put lol! My mom is flying in this afternoon and the airport is at least 45mins away, so ideally it would be great if she could put off her grand entrance at least until tonight . Not saying I'm in actual labor right now, but my NST session about an hour ago noted that I was contracting enough so that the nurse felt the need to get clearance from my main doc first to make sure I could leave the hospital. Obviously they let me go, but again I feel like I'm having contractions every few minutes.. and they seem a lot lower towards my groin, too. Idk, maybe they're BH and I'm just psyching myself out for nothing, but I have to say it does make me a little nervous =/.
I am trying to stop it. I had regular contractions for several hours last night and I was doing everything to relax and slow them down. Tomorrow is ds1's 10th birthday and he has a baseball game tomorrow night. Dh is taking him friday to pick up a new bunk bed and to see iron man 3. I don't want my being in labor to interfere with those plans. I wouldnt mind going a week or so over.
I go through phases but I do not want to go into labor anytime soon. Last week I was ready to have the baby, this week (38 weeks now) I would like baby to stay put till mid May. Who knows what state of mind I'll be in next week...
DD born in September 2011
Baby due in May 2013
Last edited by SunnyBunnyMama; May 1st, 2013 at 05:51 PM.
Ideally, I would have the baby today or in the next couple of days, since my husband has the next 4 days off work. He won't be able to take time off if she comes later. I will be trying to do everything I can to NOT go into labor on the 7th, since my husband will be out of town and unable to make it to the birth that day. I really don't want to have to get to the hospital and everything by myself!
Eh, sorta. But I am a couple days shy of 37 weeks. Ideally, she will hang tight til at least the weekend. But I am on bed rest to prevent bleeding and potential water breakage...so I believe that means we are trying to prevent labor. I know she would be fine, but I prefer she wait a bit longer. But given my fluids and issues...I do have a narrow window between 37 weeks and my induction at 38 for her to come. So I am kinda being picky with her...wanting her to arrive over the weekend or early next week
While my DH was gone trucking I definitely wanted Kody to stay put. I had also felt like I was having some mild contractions and thought I lost a little bit of my plug. I was scared! Basically I just rested as much as I could, didn't walk anywhere I didn't have to, and drank lots of water. If you're really in labor, as far as I know you can't really stop it...but it might slow it down some! If you're not in labor, it should help the contractions go away.
Thanks for all the shared input, ladies, and I apologize for not updating sooner! My mom made it here safely and baby has managed to stay put, but I'm definitely leaving no restrictions on her now lol! The same day my mom arrived, I came down with an awful cough and even more terrible chest congestion and I've been pretty miserable ever since ;(. Ideally I would prefer to be in much better health when delivering, but between not feeling well and the ridiculous level of uncomfortability from being this far along, I am all about starting labor ASAP! I noticed a baby boom in the DDC over the last 48hrs (Congrats to all the new mommas! ;D), and I'm hoping to join the ranks in the not too distant future . Thanks again for all the responses, and hopefully ELV will be coming to all of us soon! ;P