Total insomniac!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By LolaBadola
  • 2 Post By TeeCee
  • 1 Post By markswife
  • 3 Post By rheaimedved
  • 1 Post By Themrs0523
  • 2 Post By realmom
  • 3 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 2 Post By LolaBadola

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2013, 05:11 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
When not preg, I pride myself on my ability to sleep solidly, but now that I'm at the end of this, my insomnia is out of control! I'm literally waking up every single night, wide awake for at least 2 hours. Usually I can eventually fall back to sleep, but in the last week, it's getting harder. Ugh! I am still working 40+ hrs a week and need rest! Anyone else struggling with this? I've been awake since 3:30am. It's now 5:15am. Thinking I might just get up and start laundry before work...
rheaimedved likes this.

Last edited by LolaBadola; May 2nd, 2013 at 05:14 AM.
May 2nd, 2013, 06:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I can relate.

I can be super tired and still not sleep. I literally have dread bed time for a month now. I can be sleepy by 10pm and be awake till 3am. And then be wide awake by 6am.
My insomnia is beyond bad.

But last night my older sister mixed me some tea. Lavender and chamomile. Just the aroma alone had me so relaxed and sleepy I was out at least 2 hours earlier then usual. I say start with a simple tea and work your way through it. Herbal stores have saved my butt from using meds this pregnancy

And... Relax your mind. Obviously that's my problem. Lol
May 2nd, 2013, 07:43 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think this is nature's way of getting you adjusted to the reality of a newborn. It sucks!
rheaimedved likes this.
May 2nd, 2013, 09:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was doing OK sleeping until about 2 weeks ago (max). Every time I'd read about people having a really difficult time sleeping on here, I'd be super relieved it wasn't me and that, aside from maybe getting up once in the night, I slept fine. But that is long over now. It takes me a long time to fall asleep, then I wake up 2-5 times (you know, to pee), then it takes more time to fall back asleep. The only exception being every few days when I get so exhausted from not sleeping that I can fall asleep quickly after I get up.

So I'm sick of the asinine comments about how sleeping is going to change so much with a newborn. I'm like, "uh, yeah, FOR THE BETTER." At least then I won't feel like my pelvis is breaking every time I roll over or stand up (I hope!) and presumably I won't have to pee 10000 times throughout the night.
May 2nd, 2013, 09:58 AM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rheaimedved View Post

So I'm sick of the asinine comments about how sleeping is going to change so much with a newborn. I'm like, "uh, yeah, FOR THE BETTER." At least then I won't feel like my pelvis is breaking every time I roll over or stand up (I hope!) and presumably I won't have to pee 10000 times throughout the night.
I'm with you there! My pelvis feels like that too! I actually haven't had to pee as much at night lately but sleep is so hard to come by. I was so happy to get 5 hours last night, I have only been getting like 3 hours because I was getting BH, cramps and my pelvis is really hurting. The act of laying down is such a hassle
rheaimedved likes this.
May 2nd, 2013, 10:41 AM
Super Mommy
Feeling your pain, Ladies!!!

May 2nd, 2013, 10:45 AM
Veteran
absolutely feel your pain! I usually have no issues sleeping but I think my mind is just in total over drive at the moment. It so irritating because EVERYONE keeps telling me to sleep while I can, I want to scream at them that I'm trying my best!!!!
LolaBadola and rheaimedved like this.
May 3rd, 2013, 07:34 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm right there with you. I end up just getting up to surf the web on my phone for a good two hours when I wake in the wee hours because I know I won't be able to get back to sleep. It's frustrating!

May 3rd, 2013, 07:38 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah the "this is prepping you for a newborn" doesn't really help. lol.
Actually I never had any insomnia problems after DS was born, go figure!!
He just woke me up every hour all night long for the first 8 months of life. But then, that's not normal for babies. I would hear about other parents whose new baby was sleeping through the night at 4 weeks old and want to strangle them!
But honestly, I never had trouble falling asleep after he was born...I slept like a baby, when he wasn't waking me up.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 3rd, 2013, 10:27 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memi View Post
I'm right there with you. I end up just getting up to surf the web on my phone for a good two hours when I wake in the wee hours because I know I won't be able to get back to sleep. It's frustrating!
I do the same thing! Last night I forced myself to stay up later than 9pm, took TeeCee's advice and had a cup of tea, and other than getting up to pee one time, slept soundly. I'm a new woman (for today)!
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.

May 3rd, 2013, 10:42 AM
Super Mommy
psh, I might as well open a cafe bc I have all the exotic herbal teas in my apt, nothing helps anymore!

I hate waking up at night.. not only b/c I can't fall back asleep fast, but also b/c it's so quite and my brain likes to start digging in my past. I always end up crying b/c of all the crappy things I start remembering ugh... Can't wait for this to be over.

Rhea, completely agree! I had to deal with a newborn (she was even colicky!) but at least I could sleep on my belly (the only position I can comfortably sleep), and I did not need someone to help me sit up or lie down.

Last night, I tried anew trick and it worked. READ a boring book lol. It seriously helped me sleep faster (well, it's an academic book on my must-read list, but it did do the job).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search