So close I can taste it!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 4 Post By LolaBadola
  • 2 Post By Rhonda66
  • 2 Post By Elly M.
  • 1 Post By SunnyBunnyMama
  • 3 Post By MrsNHigh
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2013, 04:43 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
So originally my plan was to work up until my due date, since that's what I did with DD and ended up being a week late after that, but this time around I am not feeling as ambitious. I have a 4-year-old at home now and a longer commute, plus I'm 37 (ancient) and these final days are wearing on me. I want some downtime before this lil' guy comes! Anyway, I just told my boss that next Weds is my last day, which is a week before my due date. That's reasonable, right? He wasn't exactly over the moon about it (honestly, though, what the heck does he expect? I'm HUGE!), but was like, "Sure, whatever you need to do..." This is coming from a man who only ever thinks of his own needs, so I'm not surprised, but a, "Of course it's fine! You've been such a sport!" would've made me feel a little better. Oh well.

May 2nd, 2013, 05:38 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've worked for men like that, just be happy you're not his wife!!! I know what you're saying, I worked right up until DS was born no problem, but now I'm 39 with a 5 year old and I'm really feeling it this time so I've already been backing off a bit. I worked too physically hard today and now I feel like a train wreck and it's just not worth it!
May 2nd, 2013, 05:42 PM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think giving yourself downtime before baby comes is a great idea. I believe that giving yourself a mental break is so important for your health, and like you said, you have a 4 year old this time around, so it's a bit different . Your boss sounds like a typical man and just doesn't get it, lol

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

May 2nd, 2013, 06:02 PM
Super Mommy
He sounds like my ****** up advisor.
LolaBadola likes this.
May 2nd, 2013, 06:09 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was expecting that kind of response from my principal, but he was really nice about it. He said with all the issues I had prior with my previous losses, he thought I'd be gone all year and losing me two weeks early was great. Shocked me!

At least you have 4 more days...right?

Nichole
May 2nd, 2013, 07:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Don't let it get to you, all you working pregnant ladies are superstars in my eyes! The important thing is you'll be out of there early
LolaBadola likes this.
May 2nd, 2013, 08:43 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That kind of sounds like my boss when I was working in Alaska at a medical office. The first thing the boss could think of was how inconvenient it would be for her. But everyone else was real sweet about it. I'm glad you will be quitting! You've pushed through for long enough!
LolaBadola likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 3rd, 2013, 05:27 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I hate, a little, that men just don't understand how darn hard if is to get out of bed...much less get to work when you are in the 3rd trimester. It's not fair! You deserve a darn medal for working all the way to 39 weeks. I know I would not have made it!! Great job....you know you have all of our respect
EverydayJoy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search