Oh my...I am just miserable

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218
  • 2 Post By misty3281
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By 4 boys
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By TeeCee
  • 1 Post By Memi
  • 2 Post By SunnyBunnyMama
  • 2 Post By LabLover13

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2013, 05:40 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I seriously have ultimate respect for mamas who are 38-39-40+ weeks. I have never reached that point of pregnancy where I was miserable and uncomfortable and wanted the baby just OUT. I shall forever consider myself lucky that I had such an easy time with the boys.

But this child is gonna kill me. I have gained 12lbs in fluid in the past 2.5 weeks. My hips literally don't work anymore from all the pressure. I can't breathe unless I am lying down on my side or sitting exactly vertical. I am measuring over 40 weeks because of the darn fluids.

And in combination with non-progressive contractions, I am having tons of belly upset and am nauseous. But yet I am not in labor.

Oh...and the super-fun part about my appt yesterday (that I should be grateful for) is that baby looks so good and fluid levels are reminding stable...so they are opting not to induce at 38 weeks anymore (but still at 39). So I gained another week back.

Really, I am grateful things look so much better. I feel like a huge whiner and a complete bit$& for being sad about gaining a week back. We were so worried about her and hearing it was a false alarm is fabulous. But I have never hated pregnancy as much as I do right now. She needs to come the heck out.

Oh...compounding matters, my hated in-laws are in town now. Someone wanna shoot me?

Thanks for listening to my whine. Please add your own so I know I am not alone in this!
rheaimedved likes this.

Super big thanks to Jaidynsmum for my cool siggy!
May 3rd, 2013, 05:53 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you're miserable. I wasn't allowed to get to that point so I'm pretty grateful for that. I can totally join the inlaw ranting though. My MIL met us in town the other day to see the baby. Me and DH had planned to go to a steakhouse to get out of the house and move a little. We told her what we were doing when she asked if we had plans and then proceeded to invite herself to come with us "to hold the baby while we eat". i can hold my own child thank you very much. Normally I wouldn't mind but we really just wanted the family together time for ourselves. Then while I'm changing and feeding her in the bathroom MIL starts griping at DH for not bringing the baby to her house for her to babysit. Umm my child is 2 weeks old and breast feeding. Nobody is babysitting anytime soon. Ugh.
rheaimedved and Mrsbowbin like this.
May 3rd, 2013, 06:31 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable, Ashlee. I've been wanting this baby OUT for several weeks. Sometimes I feel bad because I'm not all lovey-dovey, "you can stay in there as long as you need to, honey" toward Kody. I'm all, c'mon kid, give me a break! Let's get this show on the road!
It sucks that there's not a way they could just drain the excess fluid to make you more comfortable.

I keep thinking how every day this kid bakes, he's just getting bigger...and bigger...and bigger. Ugh. My first was 6.5 lbs, and I know this one is probably way past that already....
rheaimedved likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 3rd, 2013, 06:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know how you feel. I went to 42 weeks with one of mine. I was so insane by the end that I literally believed he would never come out and I was serious, even though I knew in my head it wasn't possible. The end is hard.

I'm really glad your baby is fine and the fluid levels are stable. But at this point there isn't much comforting to say about the waiting. It just sucks.

I will add my whine and say that I am in a lot of pain these days. Most days I have to basically sit in a chair all day because the SPD is so bad. I can hardly walk and only enough to get around the house. I would love to have this baby early but I always go overdue so I can probably count on another 3 weeks of this.

My doctor and I theorized yesterday that there is a good reason the end of pregnancy is so bad and it's so that we actually look forward to labor and delivery!
rheaimedved likes this.
May 3rd, 2013, 06:38 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
^^I am so not lovey dovey about it either. I might hold a small grudge if she goes all the way to induction time

They actually can drain some fluid, but only if it was medically necessary, since its basically getting amnio and taking out fluid. It's risky and I don't know I could handle the risks. Since mine is not severe, just "borderline severe" they are doing the watch and wait.

And yeah, I get ya on the size thing. Mine is already measuring 7.6lbs. She will be my biggest if she stays put.

What is it with MILs. Is it their job to make our lives heck?? Do they take a class on it? Grrrr. Good for you misty for sticking up for your baby and her nursing relationship!

Super big thanks to Jaidynsmum for my cool siggy!
May 3rd, 2013, 06:42 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yup I might hold a small grudge too. I got excited last night because my doula was predicting I might go into labor and this morning I woke up...still here. Dang it! I keep wondering what I'm doing wrong...is it my attitude? Is there something I left undone? Is it the tacos I ate last night? Grrrr...I know, there's nothing I can do to hurry it on, not if he's not ready to come out. But I really want to get going.

That's too bad about the fluid. I kinda figured that it would involve that, and I know I'd be too scared too. You don't want an intrauterine infection or something crazy happening. But sheesh...I bet it would be nice if you could take a load off your feet!
rheaimedved likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 3rd, 2013, 07:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow. 37 weeks seems like ages ago.
I really think I might be an elephant and carry this kid for 645 days!! My week 40 will NEVER come. And this baby doesn't seem to want to leave anytime soon. I really don't mind carrying the baby this long I just know he/she is growing bigger each day and I am not to happy about it.
Yes I may look "small" but I have heard of 9 pound kids coming from "small" ladies. So it's possible.

At this point I am thankful I don't have a MIL or a boyfriend for that matter. I feel irritated and unattractive with my puffy face.
No workout can help with that.

Although I can still walk and do my Zumba routine. I think that is crazy.
rheaimedved likes this.
May 3rd, 2013, 07:44 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After all the stress you already are carrying around why oh why did someone think it's a good idea for you're MIL to come into town. Dear Lord! I feel for you as I'm already stressing about my in-laws future visit once baby comes. Those trips can be...well....always are very stressful and unfun for all parties involved.
As for the discomfort I'm in excruciating pain just sitting here typing. My back is KILLING ME!!!! So I can totally sympathize. The last few weeks are the worse! Hang in there, I'm so glad baby is doing well. Only two more weeks at the most Momma!!!
ashj_1218 likes this.

May 3rd, 2013, 08:05 AM
Veteran
ugh I am 38 weeks and I still feel the same, don't worry, you're not alone. My dh and I decided last night that we're done with babies.. I was just too miserable.

My in laws are thinking of visiting and staying with us all summer, I told my husband if they stay in MY house, I am asking for divorce. No ******* way I put up with them for three months (and taking care of two under two).
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.
May 3rd, 2013, 08:14 AM
Sapphera's Avatar May 2013 Cohost
I'm definitely at the same point. I'm actually RELIEVED that they won't let me go past my due date by more than about 2 days .. I was almost dancing for joy when I was dilated enough (barely) to get my membranes stripped.. wahooo!!

I am so glad my parents and inlaws are both within about 15 mins drive... makes it so much easier because I don't have to deal with them any more than normal
Michelle & David, Expecting #1 May 8 2013!!

May 3rd, 2013, 08:45 AM
usnwifey9's Avatar Veteran
I so feel your pain! I almost think it's fate playing a cruel joke on me since I had it easy with DS (had him before 38wks), and now I'm already making my way to week 39 with this one-- and with a cold from hell to boot! ;(

That's great that your fluid levels have stabilized, but I understand how any extra fluid at all can add to the strain your body is already under at this point. I also have extra fluid, and at my last appointment on Tuesday my belly was already measuring at 41wks! (Not to mention, baby was measuring a little over 8lbs at my u/s on Monday! ) Needless to say, I am soooo over being pg at this point and if baby doesn't show before my appointment next Thursday, I might seriously consider having a crying fit at the doctor's office lol. Here's hoping it doesn't come to that, haha!

May 3rd, 2013, 08:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My due date hasn't even come (it's tomorrow, Sat) and I'm pretty convinced he'll be in there forever. I've disliked pregnancy from 8 weeks in and never changed my stance on it. I've never felt any sort of closeness or bonding with the baby... the closest is concern/relief when I would find out things were ok (after the bleeding/SCH in the second trimester). I don't even remember what it feels like for things not to hurt all the time (specifically my pelvis), not to mention the frustration of uncontrollable weight gain (healthy diet, at the gym 5 days a week, weight gain at 55 lbs-- I know I'll lose it easily and it isn't a big deal, but it's just one more thing on top of it all).

I can't wait for this to end, and then never have to do it again.
May 3rd, 2013, 10:07 AM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
When my mom was pregnant with me, she went FIVE FREAKIN' WEEKS overdue. No way in heck they'd let that happen now. I can't imagine the misery...she was 5'2" and about 110 pounds, and I came out 9 lbs 4 oz and 23 inches long. The poor dear!

In the last few days, Claire has dropped into position, which equals excruciating pain in the groin region. When I got out of bed this morning, I almost had to take a knee...I briefly considered crawling to the bathroom to get ready, but decided to muster through. It was rough. I am waddling around like I just got off a horse.

I still have three weeks till I'm done with work, and next week I'm training my replacement, so after that all bets are off! I'm pretty sure the rest of my free time will be spent eating eggplant parmesan, DTD with hubby, and stimulating my nipples. All in all a great time!
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.
May 3rd, 2013, 01:27 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm the same way with wanting this pregnancy to be over. I have a few health issues that are just adding to the whole miserable-ness of this pregnancy! I'm hoping she comes sooner rather than later and I'm huge compared to my last pregnancy and everything hurts more. I can barely lift my legs to put my pants on. I hope it's soon for you... and me too, lol!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search