its my due date.....

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218
  • 1 Post By Memi
  • 1 Post By 4 boys
  • 1 Post By 4 boys

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2013, 06:14 AM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
and baby boy sure is happy in there.. I really dont want to be pregnant tomorrow... no signs hes coming today. This is the first time I have made it to 40 weeks... just a tad bit miserable. Anyone in this group at or past 40 weeks, or am I the only one??

May 3rd, 2013, 06:29 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll be joining you on Sunday.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 3rd, 2013, 06:32 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I bow down to you ladies I hope your boys come soon, I know you are beyond ready!
EverydayJoy likes this.
May 3rd, 2013, 06:46 AM
I was offered to be induced twice now.
But I have decided to let baby decide his birthday, hoping he picks one soon. Doctor doesnt want me to go past 41 weeks.
Only gives me a week to kick baby out or I will have to be induced anyway. Lame!

May 3rd, 2013, 06:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow
You are lucky..
I have exactly one week till I am 40 weeks. And I know for sure I will be going over. I just feel it.
Walking, Zumba.. All that isn't helping so I decided this next week I am SLEEPING!!!

So if your son isn't out by Friday you will be getting induced?
May 3rd, 2013, 07:03 AM
Yeah, doctor thinks it starts to get unsafe after 41 weeks, and I am already paranoid as it is. SO as soon as it starts to tip into unsafe, hes getting kicked out. I trust my doctor, he has been delivering babies for over 20 years.
So I wont be pregnant this time next week.
I had a feeling too, that this one would not be early like my others.. I mean I hoped he would but in the back of my head I kinda knew he would take longer to make an appearance. Praying it will be before monday though!

May 3rd, 2013, 07:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope so too!!

I'm sure he's holding out till this weekend.
At least you know you won't be going into week 41.
May 3rd, 2013, 07:47 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh hang in there girl. I hope he comes on his own very very soon and you don't have to go through an induction. I know these things only work if your body is ready, but if I were in your shoes I'd start doing at least one thing a day to try to naturally induce just to feel like I was doing something productive. Try castor oil, walking, sex, pumping, spicy food, etc. Maybe just one thing a day to help pass the time until baby comes.
rheaimedved likes this.

May 3rd, 2013, 07:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Selena, I bet you would be a good candidate for castor oil. This is your 4th baby and you are already dilated to a 4, right? Plus you are due. I would definitely try it before being induced, but that's just me.

Hope it's soon for you either way!
lovingmyfamily8 likes this.
May 3rd, 2013, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 boys View Post
Selena, I bet you would be a good candidate for castor oil. This is your 4th baby and you are already dilated to a 4, right? Plus you are due. I would definitely try it before being induced, but that's just me.

Hope it's soon for you either way!
Yes I will try many different things to get baby out, if I am still pregnant in 4 or 5 days I might try castor oil, I feel it will be better way to go into labor than being induced.
I am currently 4 cm dilated and 80% effaced.

May 3rd, 2013, 08:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd definitely give castor oil a shot with induction lurking around the corner. Maybe sooner than later. Going past 41 weeks is definitely not unsafe (doctors have their preferences, but it doesn't mean they are substantiated), but it is a good idea to be closely monitored after 40 weeks.
May 3rd, 2013, 09:44 AM
It's not worth the risks for me, and I have two young kids at home. I already have to go in for NST and ultrasound monday. That will be at least 3 hours I will need a babysitter. Too much work, I dont think I would want to go to 42 weeks, even if he said it was okay. Thankfully he doesnt recommend it or allow his patience to get that far. I am exhausted. he offered to induce me today, but I declined in hopes baby boy will come on his own not feeling like he will though!

May 3rd, 2013, 10:02 AM
Veteran
And I thought you would be the first to go out of all of us! There is a new moon coming up, don't they say a lot of babies are born during the new moon?

May 3rd, 2013, 10:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd start drinking that castor oil, if I were you
May 3rd, 2013, 10:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You are a strong woman to deny the induction so many times! I'm hoping it pays off.
rheaimedved likes this.
May 3rd, 2013, 10:42 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope you go soon! Sex is the only thing that got both my first 2 out. Actually the day before Chloe's due date we did a sex, walk, shower, sex, walk, shower routine and my water broke shortly after.

At least you only have a week at the most Of course, the 7th is always a good day for a birthday since babe would share it with yours truly But I sure hope he comes sooner rather than later!

May 3rd, 2013, 02:25 PM
Veteran
I hope he comes soon. I am 39 weeks today by my original due date though they changed it to May 1 about half way through which would make me 40.2 You are a STRONG woman to decline the induction. I sure to hope he shows up very quickly!

May 4th, 2013, 01:31 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am pretty much set that this baby is never going to come. Nothing I do makes any difference one way or the other. Meanwhile my MIL is here and my DH is home not making any money. I'm screwed.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search