Heartburn

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 4 boys
  • 1 Post By LolaBadola

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2013, 10:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Anyone have a good remedy for heartburn aside from Tums? They do work for me but I don't really like the taste and don't want to be taking them all day.

Any foods or drinks that help?
May 3rd, 2013, 10:57 AM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
Other than drinking tons of water, I have nothing. I am having to choke down TUMS too.
May 3rd, 2013, 11:17 AM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
Drinking milk worked for me when I was pregnant with DS. I can't stomach milk this time around though.

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
May 3rd, 2013, 11:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Drinking milk and sometimes eating an apple (this might just be a fluke?) help a little bit, but the most effective thing for me is putting some baking soda on the very back of my tongue and then drinking water (I assume any method of drinking the baking soda would work.. mixing it in water, maybe).
May 3rd, 2013, 11:40 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I try drinking milk but never notice a difference in the heartburn. What kind of tums do you have? I don't like the original, minty kind but my hubby got me tropical flavored Rite Aid generic tums and those are actually really good! They taste like candy. I would give those a try if you haven't yet.
May 3rd, 2013, 12:17 PM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
I second trying the fruity flavored ones (Tums brand makes them too). Food wise, I found yogurt helps, but I've heard that it can also make irlt worse for some people.
NTNP #2
May 3rd, 2013, 12:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have fruity tums and peppermint ones. I prefer the peppermint but I don't really like any of them. I'm off milk and yogurt, so that sucks. I read somewhere that gum helps so I tried that and it worked but it came back as soon as the gum lost it's flavour. Not helpful!

Maybe I could eat and drink and chew gum alllll the time....
EverydayJoy likes this.
May 3rd, 2013, 12:39 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You can take Zantac if you haven't tried that yet also.
May 3rd, 2013, 01:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep my midwife recommended Zantac in the evening (taken before it gets bad for me) and that it works for 24 hrs.

A friend also suggested doing a shot of Apple Cider Vinegar. I haven't been desperate enough yet to try, but she was up every night gagging her heartburn was so bad and she swore this was the ONLY thing that could touch it.

May 3rd, 2013, 02:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Have you tried baking soda???
May 3rd, 2013, 02:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No, haven't yet! Forgot about it actually, but I read that somewhere else too. Thanks.
May 3rd, 2013, 03:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I find it to be crazy effective, but I also don't use any other kind of antacids (I only have really mild, occasional heartburn)
May 3rd, 2013, 03:09 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchywannabe View Post
Yep my midwife recommended Zantac in the evening (taken before it gets bad for me) and that it works for 24 hrs.

A friend also suggested doing a shot of Apple Cider Vinegar. I haven't been desperate enough yet to try, but she was up every night gagging her heartburn was so bad and she swore this was the ONLY thing that could touch it.
I'm doing 150mg of Zantac every morning and it has changed my life! With DD, I did shots of Apple Cider Vinegar and it definitely helped, but not the way Zantac does. Feel better--I know, it's awful!
EverydayJoy likes this.

May 3rd, 2013, 03:13 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I third the Zantac, but you have to take it more as a preventative thing...it doesn't make the heartburn go away right away if I already have it, but it definitely prevents it. I used to down the Tums every day and now I rarely need them.
I've heard the apple cider vinegar was very effective, too. Never tried it though.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search