uninsured

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2013, 02:45 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I found out today that I haven't had insurance since April 26. My husband just got out of the army but he thought he had 30 days to sign up with the reserves. Well, he didn't have 30 days, and I'm 36 weeks and 6 days pregnant and uninsured. It is an easy fix. He just has to go sign his reserves paperwork (why he hadn't done it before is a mystery).I'm so insanely angry that he didn't do what needed to be done to make sure everything was straight. I need to take my son to the clinic, but not today now. I've had two uninsured appointment. I could crap a brick right now!

Nichole
May 9th, 2013, 03:19 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Wow, I'd be furious. Insurance is so important! Thank goodness it's an easy fix.
May 9th, 2013, 03:19 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh what a big stress! I hope you guys can figure it out soon! I'm probably going to be in the same situation soon too. Hubby's insurance through work becomes active June 1 and I'm afraid our state insurance will be cancelled some time next week.

May 9th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kary4 View Post
Wow, I'd be furious. Insurance is so important! Thank goodness it's an easy fix.

May 9th, 2013, 03:53 PM
I'm in the clinic with my son right now about to pay full price for this visit. I hope my husband isnt home when I get there because I want to just cuss him out.

Nichole
May 9th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Veteran
Ugh I feel for you! I've been uninsured since mid April. My new insurance coverage (after weeks of begging my school) will begin on Monday. So far I've been paying out of bucket (incl. for that freaking gbs test which apparently cost about $90!)
May 9th, 2013, 05:37 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow OMG. That's awful. Now after he fills out the paperwork, will you have insurance again? Or has it lapsed and now you're stuck?? I hope not. He better be bringing you a major peace offering if he doesn't want to see his butt on a platter tonight!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 9th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Once the papers are signed I'm insured again. BUT it was closed today. I haven't said a word to him since we've been home. I don't think I'll speak to him again until I have insurance. I'm in our bedroom with my son who has strep and an ear infection...because that's how my life works. He keeps coming in and trying to make me be his friend. Cold shoulder. I don't want to really say how I feel because it'll hurt his soul.

Nichole
May 9th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Veteran
I really believe it's a men thing.. sounds like something my husband and every other man in my family would do. Sorry about your son though hope he'll be feeling better soon
May 9th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Thanks. He asked me if I want to talk. Told him he really doesn't want to hear what I have to say, and I'll speak to him when I am insured again.

Nichole
May 9th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Sounds about how I would handle it. I'm so sorry your little boy is so sick. That sucks a**.

May 9th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Yeah, I asked him about what he has to do and if he will take off from substituting tomorrow to get it taken care of, and he got short with me. I'm going to need him to get his life together because I cannot handle this.
My poor son is over here in a febrile sleep snoring like a man. He's so pathetic. When it rains, it pours.

Nichole
May 9th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Your DH should absolutely take time off to get it done. His fault, his problem.

May 9th, 2013, 08:37 PM
We shall see. He's going to make some phone calls in the morning. I can't think about it anymore.

Nichole
May 9th, 2013, 08:50 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
^^You are right...you have much bigger things to think about. So sorry it happened and the timing was absolutely lousy!!

Super big thanks to Jaidynsmum for my cool siggy!
May 9th, 2013, 09:02 PM
I'm going to stress myself into labor if I keep thinking about it. It would SUCK to pay out of pocket for this, but we wouldn't end up on the streets. I just have to keep the faith that it'll be fixed tomorrow and if not, it'll be fixed by the time I go into labor.
Skimboardin Mama likes this.

Nichole
May 9th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
Maybe they will back date it for you. It's a long shot but at least worth asking about.
MrsNHigh likes this.
May 9th, 2013, 09:55 PM
not the military. no way no how.
Skimboardin Mama likes this.

Nichole
May 10th, 2013, 04:54 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Well he better take care of it tomorrow, seeing as how labor could be any day! Uh, the out of pocket costs would be insane!
May 10th, 2013, 07:20 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you have to deal with this frustration. It is such a man thing to neglect something so important. I hope he fixes it quickly for your family. I wish men could multi-task better. DH and I would fight so much less if I didn't have to remind him 100 times when something important needs to be done.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search