Vomit

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By markswife
  • 1 Post By 4 boys
  • 1 Post By Sweet_Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
When is it a concern? When do you take them to the doc/urgent care/ er?

Koa is EBF and we had some projectile vomit here this afternoon and now he's just passed out. Of course I'm worrying and probably over thinking it all, but I never had vomiting issues with DD. She still hasn't gotten sick like that and she's 3 (knock on wood).

He last nursed at about 5:30 and threw everything up through his mouth and nose. No fever. It's now 7:45 so hopefully he feels up to nursing soon.

May 10th, 2013, 07:58 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would call just to make sure. Caroline spits up every now and then but it's never been projectile vomit. That would make me a bit nervous. Hope it's nothing.
Skimboardin Mama likes this.
May 10th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
As long as it doesn't continue, I wouldn't worry too much. My kids all did that once or twice and seemed ok. It's scary though. Doesn't hurt to call if you are worried.
May 10th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Sweet_Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
Jesse used to projectile vomit all the time. I would let down real fast and he would suck hard so sometimes I had to stop him after a few mins, burp him, then feed again. He is my second son by the way. So far johnny has projectile vomitted twice because he gulped a lot of air

Kelsey Wife to Chris with 3 little gremlins and one on the way!!!
Jacob 08/09
Jesse 01/11
Johnny 04/13
Jaxon 07/14

"In MY world of PINK I am surrounded by BLUE!"

May 10th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Thanks guys. I fed him at 5:30. He vomitted at 6:30 and 6:50 in his sleep. He slept til 9 and woke up wanting to nurse. I got the run around calling hospitals with no luck and then finally someone told me that on the back of almost every medical card is a 1800 # for 24 hour RN advice. They suggested going in if he does it again after this feeding.

They also told me to have his Dr. paged, which i didnt know about. The on-call doc called us back and said the same thing as the RN. She also mentioned pyloric stenosis....

May 10th, 2013, 10:14 PM
May 2013 Cohost
What color was it?
May 10th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kary4 View Post
What color was it?
white and curdy

May 11th, 2013, 02:26 AM
Brock's minion
Hey, just wondering how your little man did through the night?

Michelle
May 11th, 2013, 05:16 AM
May 2013 Cohost
White and curdy sounds ok. I would worry if it were green or some other weird color. My son did some projectile vomiting when he was an infant as well. Not all the time, but occasionally. Most other times was a ton of spit up. He had bad reflux. We tried Zantac first, and then moved to Prevacid. I would definitely take him in to the pedi to discuss, but probably not the ER. Does he show other signs of reflux? Ie. arching, fussy after feeding, trouble settling, feeding constantly? These are all things to look for.
May 11th, 2013, 11:52 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Nancy, any updates?
May 11th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies! Koa nursed from 9pm until 1:30 AM non stop. I burped him frequently and he didn't vomit anymore. He then woke every 2-3 hours to nurse again.

He has shown no other signs of discomfort or illness since he was born but does spit up a tiny bit on his lips after many feedings. He is so relaxed all the time and an easygoing baby. Maybe it was just a fluke?

Last edited by Skimboardin Mama; May 11th, 2013 at 01:56 PM.
May 11th, 2013, 01:29 PM
May 2013 Cohost
It could be...keep your eye on it. If it's constant, then I'd start to worry.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search