Csection question

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TerriLF

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Brock's minion
My incision is oozing a little bit, it's a pissy type color. Has this happened to you? Is it normal? Shouldn't call my OB? FYI I'm keeping it clean and as dry as possible but that's all I was told to do. I had my surgery 2 weeks ago today and oozing happened yesterday morning.

Michelle
May 15th, 2013, 02:08 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never had a C section but I'd say that warrants a call, especially if there's been no oozing up until now.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 15th, 2013, 02:26 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Any incision that starts leaking needs to be checked by your doc. I would call the office and let them know what's going on today.
May 15th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Popping in from November ddc, if its oozing call doc! Sounds infected. Is it red around? I actually got infected because I left the steri strips on like they told me to, but apparently after so long they were supposed to fall off and never did and I ended up infected. I had no idea, I thought I was doing the right thing by leaving them on. They will give you a cream and an oral antibiotic and it should clear up, but keep keeping it clean and dry. If you have a little pooch hanging over (I did and do!) a nurse taught me to put some gauze on it so when your belly goes over it, it won't get sweaty. It worked.

May 15th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Brock's minion
Thanks ladies! It started to get out of hand after dinner so my hubby took the baby and I ran to Urgent Care. They took one look and sent me to ER, I stopped on the way to think before I react and decided I'd better call my OBs on call. Was told ill be ok as long as I have no signs of sepsis. I had to clean the ooze (omg) wash it while trying to get "in" the holes (kill me now) then dry it well and pack it. All is done and some of the worry has passed. It just seems when it rains it pours.....and I have no **** umbrella!

Ok enough of my pity party ;-)

Michelle
May 16th, 2013, 07:13 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How are things today? I hope you are doing better.
May 16th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Brock's minion
Spoke to my own Doc first thing this Am and he says no need to worry. I need to keep it clean and keep flushing it twice daily. I don't need to go in until Wednesday unless any signs of infection show up.

Michelle
May 16th, 2013, 10:33 AM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm dropping in from July DDC and was about to say that it should be fine just keep cleaning it. Mine would ooze in spots for a few days at a time and I would put peroxide on it and clean it everytime I went to the bathroom and it cleared up within a few days..then another spot would ooze..but eventully everything healed up really well.
Mrsbowbin likes this.
May 16th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Brock's minion
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriLF View Post
I'm dropping in from July DDC and was about to say that it should be fine just keep cleaning it. Mine would ooze in spots for a few days at a time and I would put peroxide on it and clean it everytime I went to the bathroom and it cleared up within a few days..then another spot would ooze..but eventully everything healed up really well.
That is exactly what my doc said, thank you do much.

Michelle
May 16th, 2013, 11:11 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The cleaning process sounds really painful! I hope it clears up soon.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search