Announcements...yay or nay?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218
  • 1 Post By Counting our Blessings
  • 1 Post By kary4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2013, 09:27 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Who all is doing announcements?

Have you selected them yet? If so, where are you getting them from?
May 19th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Brock's minion
Yes, shutterfly. It's so easy and this is out first baby.

Michelle
May 19th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nope
May 20th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The only announcement I done is Facebook if that counts x

May 20th, 2013, 03:03 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought about it but with fb everyone that matters already knows and has seen her so I decided not to. I knew we were doing family pictures when Avery turned 1 month so I just rather send those pictures anyway.
May 20th, 2013, 04:49 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ive thought about it but im not sure that we will. !

May 20th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Veteran
I'm not, I didn't with DS either. I figure its not fair of me to do it for her but not him. We posted on FB though!

May 20th, 2013, 11:29 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will order some after we do our newborn photo shoot this weekend. My cousin is a photographer and she did a shoot for DD and made her announcements. They were amazing.
May 20th, 2013, 12:55 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
We are planning to do them as well. Our photo shoot was this morning and we got some good shots. We will design our own using a software that DH got for work and then order through White House Custom Color.

We did them for the boys and now I feel like we need to with her too. I am prolly going to do it as the boys introducing their new sister.
Mrsbowbin likes this.
May 20th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Brock's minion
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashj_1218 View Post
We are planning to do them as well. Our photo shoot was this morning and we got some good shots. We will design our own using a software that DH got for work and then order through White House Custom Color.

We did them for the boys and now I feel like we need to with her too. I am prolly going to do it as the boys introducing their new sister.
That sounds just precious, what a cute idea.

Michelle
May 20th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are. We have done it with all the kids and number 10 deserves to be celebrated We used shutterfly. I hope to start working on them tonight, we are sending out 50 of them.
Mrsbowbin likes this.

May 20th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're not.. it's not something that's done in our area... and I'm glad cuz they seem to be so much work!!!
WTTC #2
May 20th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Veteran
We will. My boyfriend has a ton of family overseas, so I think it is only fair to send out announcements.
May 21st, 2013, 06:11 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphera View Post
We're not.. it's not something that's done in our area... and I'm glad cuz they seem to be so much work!!!
Haha. The first time they were. But now we have everything streamlined...place in envelope, stick on return address, stick on stamp, stick on printed address label, throw in mailbox. I highly recommend a "master" address list in Excel that you can pull from and print stuff. It's amazing how many things you have to send out with kids...announcements, baptism invites, thank you notes, birthday invites, etc. I would have long since gone nuts if I had to dig up addresses and write them individually on envelopes. Lol.
May 21st, 2013, 06:39 AM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will. We send out about 40 to all our extended family. Only the people our age have fb so the aunts and uncles and great g. parents won't see pics unless we do announcements. I'll probably try to design my own, if not I'll use shutterfly or mpix.

June 27th, 2013, 07:25 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I just ordered Lexi's birth announcements last week from tinyprints.com! They came yesterday, but the photo looked completely washed out. I called customer service and they are reprinting all of them for me at no cost! Plus I'm getting expedited shipping, so they will be here on July 2. Here's the style I chose:

Girl Photo Birth Announcements - Elegant Inscription: Girl by Tiny Prints
EverydayJoy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search