The biggest surprise...

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218
  • 2 Post By NewlyMrs
  • 2 Post By Memi

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2013, 12:33 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Regarding my birth was....

About my baby was/is...

About "new" motherhood (even with subsequent children) was/is...

Have fun with it
Purrrrrrr likes this.
May 21st, 2013, 01:23 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Biggest surprise about my birth: How "in the zone" you get. The concept of time gets lost. It was 11 hours but looking back it feels like it could've been 2 minutes

About my baby: how much I stinking love this kid! I knew I would love my baby but this kind of love no one can understand until you feel it. It's incredible.

About motherhood: you really have NO time for yourself. Getting anywhere on time is almost impossible and getting a daily shower isn't guaranteed!
EverydayJoy and Mrsbowbin like this.

May 21st, 2013, 03:14 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Regarding my birth was.... How fast it was! Only four hours--did NOT expect that!

About my baby was/is... His full head of long hair

About "new" motherhood (even with subsequent children) was/is... I never knew how easy a newborn wad until I had a toddler!
LolaBadola and kary4 like this.

May 21st, 2013, 03:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Biggest surprise was how fast my labour was only 3 hrs no pain relief was crazy my first labour was 5 days

About my baby is how much he eats not sure if its a boy thing but he's always eating

About "new" motherhood how much Zara loves her new brother it's so cute watching her kiss him all the time

May 21st, 2013, 03:52 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
Regarding my birth was....I agree with Memi - SO FAST (5 hrs)! I was expecting to be overdue and in labor for days. Such a blessing this time.

About my baby was/is...How much more mellow he is (so far) than my daughter was.

About "new" motherhood (even with subsequent children) was/is...I'm so much more relaxed and laid back this time. With DD, I was in such a rush to "get back to normal". This time around, I'm enjoying every moment.

May 22nd, 2013, 06:58 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Regarding my birth was.... oh, where to start? Finding out she was breech or my water breaking at work or finding out that she was no longer breech when we got to the hospital to have her.

About my baby was/is... how she doesn't really look like her sister. Also, it's amazing the difference a pound will make on a baby so small. Caroline was 1.5 pounds less than Natalie at birth and she had no fat on her anywhere. Her little chicken legs are finally starting to fatten up

About "new" motherhood (even with subsequent children) was/is... how much easier a newborn is than a toddler. I feel so much more confident in being able to handle a newborn this time around. Natalie scared me but Caroline is a piece of cake.
May 22nd, 2013, 09:16 AM
Kenzie's Avatar Photography Momma
Regarding my birth was.... how I really was in labor. When I was contracting at home that evening, I just knew they were going to send me home. Once I finally decided to go, there wss no going back without a baby! Also, the huge emotional difference between a baby being born premature and going straight to the NICU and a baby being born ontime and being placed directly on my chest and not going anywhere!

About my baby was/is...how little he looks like his big brother. I figured there would be some similarities but I don't see it!

About "new" motherhood (even with subsequent children) was/is... the overwhelming love for both of my children. They are both so precious on their own ways. The sleepless nights and fits are sooo worth it when you look down and see those eyes searching around and that little mouth moving. :swoon:

Have fun with it [/QUOTE]
May 22nd, 2013, 09:54 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I gotta say, to those of you moms who think a newborn is easier than a toddler, you're crazy! I guess it depends on the newborn and the toddler. My toddler is 10 times easier than my newborn. Kody takes all my attention 24/7 and I barely get any breaks for myself (normal, I know). He is not sleeping well and is fussy so I get to be sleep deprived on top of that. Meanwhile, I had a nice routine with my toddler and I miss the peace and quiet!

Biggest surprise about my birth was the fact that I got so far dilated before I really started to feel the bad pain. Up until about a 9 I was able to manage it with breathing through.

About my baby is...how he looks so much like his big brother did as a newborn.

About "new" motherhood...I thought it would be easier this time around. Seems like Kody is following in his big brother's footsteps as far as being fussy and not wanting to sleep much.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 22nd, 2013, 11:52 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Well, my toddler is a special kind of high maintenance. He has sensory issues and needs constant attention. He doesn't listen to directions well and repeats himself a lot. The hardest thing is he just doesn't play with toys by himself.
May 22nd, 2013, 12:24 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My toddler is killing me with the two hours of nonsense before she finally gives up and goes to bed at night. The other 22 hours of the day with her are pretty manageable. And I am blessed with an awesome sleeper and nurser in Caroline. She wakes up, she eats, she gets clean pants and she goes back to sleep until the cycle repeats itself. Easy peasy!!
May 22nd, 2013, 01:08 PM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
Regarding my birth was.... That I pushed him out in two pushes! And that I seriously almost gave birth to him in the bathtub.

About my baby was/is... How growly he is! He is the loudest baby I've ever heard!

About "new" motherhood (even with subsequent children) was/is... How much I'm not a newborn person... I knew it with Gabe, but Squeaker reinforces it, lol. I'm ready for him to be 6 months now when the fun starts!

My Boring Blog
May 22nd, 2013, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kary4 View Post
Well, my toddler is a special kind of high maintenance. He has sensory issues and needs constant attention. He doesn't listen to directions well and repeats himself a lot. The hardest thing is he just doesn't play with toys by himself.
Ah I feel for you Kary! My toddler is an easy one, comparatively. So I can see how it would be easier to have a newborn in your case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markswife View Post
And I am blessed with an awesome sleeper and nurser in Caroline. She wakes up, she eats, she gets clean pants and she goes back to sleep until the cycle repeats itself. Easy peasy!!
You are one lucky lady, you have no idea how lucky!

May 22nd, 2013, 03:16 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Oh, and Lexi is turning out to be high maintenance...she constantly is fussing...I swear I'm feeding her every hour it seems.
May 22nd, 2013, 03:22 PM
Yikes Kary! Sounds like Kody though.

May 22nd, 2013, 04:02 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I hate this....I'm ready to be past this stage.
May 22nd, 2013, 04:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Regarding the birth.... how hard it was. She was considerably smaller than my last two boys and yet it did not feel any easier! It was a lot shorter, but still just as hard.

Regarding baby... hmmm. Not much has surprised me, other than getting used to girl diaper changes!

Regarding new motherhood.... How not tired I am. I thought I would be way more tired. And maybe it will catch up with me. But so far I haven't really minded being up at night.
May 22nd, 2013, 04:32 PM
Veteran
Regarding the birth: how quick and easy it was. Only 6 hours and I literally woke up from sleeping to start pushing.

About baby: How much I love him. It is insane. I can just look at him and become overwhelmed to the point of tears with my love for him. People weren't kidding when they spoke of a mother's love. It is overwhelming.

About motherhood: This s---- it hard! Omg, I am exhausted. I am lucky if I get a 5 min shower. I haven't worn real clothes in almost a week. I have to remind myself to eat because time just runs in 3 hour blocks not a typical day schedule. I am crazy emotional and fluctuate between moments of unbelievable love an appreciation for dh and moments of fury. It is a whole new world all together.

May 22nd, 2013, 06:29 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Regarding my birth was....How quickly I could push a baby out when I had to! I was dreading pushing and it was literally 1 minute. And I didn't even recognize the pain because I was concentrating so hard on getting her out safely.

About my baby was/is...How chill she is. My guys were a bit high matenience. She is all relaxed and calm. I keep waiting for her to suddenly "wake up" and start screaming bloody murder and not sleeping.

About "new" motherhood (even with subsequent children) was/is...How much more relaxed I am each time. I enjoy it all more each time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search