this is it!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KnJ'sMomma727

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2013, 11:08 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm in labor! The contractions started at around 1030p. Its now 2 am. They're really strong. I have to focus my breathing during them. I'm thinking ill go in when they're 5 minutes apart. Right now they're 7 minutes. I tried sleeping but that didn't happen. Gonna be a long night!!
EverydayJoy likes this.

May 22nd, 2013, 11:10 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay!!!!

Nichole
May 22nd, 2013, 11:14 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Woo! Good luck!

May 23rd, 2013, 12:04 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yahoo! So happy for you!!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 23rd, 2013, 12:04 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yahoo! So happy for you!!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 23rd, 2013, 07:07 AM
Veteran
Good luck!!!! And Congratulations!!!
May 23rd, 2013, 08:09 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Good luck! Keep us posted!
May 23rd, 2013, 11:39 AM
Veteran
Good luck.
May 24th, 2013, 12:32 AM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I labored and progressed quickly with no pain meds until I got to 8 cm. We tried walking, rocking, breaking water, and when the back labor started tried to get an epidural. The epi didn't take over 3 timees so I told them to stop. The pain from the epi attempts and the intense contractions was too much. The dr checked me and said she believed the baby's head was face up and stuck behind my pubic bone. She said the best thing for us would be a c-section. I criied hard for twenty mins then the nurses and ob and hubby calmed me down and I got prepped. The spinal worked well but I threw up a lot. After a lot of awkward tugging and pushing I heard my baby girl cry at 1032am shes 8lb 9oz 20 in long. Scored 9 10 on apgar. She looks like her big brother but with dark hair.
sometime in the afternoon I noticed I felt wet and my sheets and gown was soaked in blood. The nurse kept cleaning with a cloth and rubbing my uterus then called the other nurse in to help. Freaked me out! They gave me a bag of pit. It slowed it down but I'm still bleeding. Obs not as concerned now as before. My pains manageable. The older siblings love their baby sister. Jackson kept hugging her. She's not eating well and keeps spitting up mucus but the nurse says its normal.

Last edited by KnJ'sMomma727; May 24th, 2013 at 06:53 AM. Reason: copied from my notes app twice
May 24th, 2013, 12:59 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Congrats! Glad everything worked out and you and baby are fine. THe first day my baby choked on the mucous and I sent my husband to get the nurses. They came running in and said it is normal to have extra mucous in their lungs but we needed to hold him kinda upside down and pat his back to help him get it out. Its scary though. Your whole ordeal sounded very scary. At least its over now and you can enjoy your family. The baby will prob. start eating better tomorrow.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
May 24th, 2013, 03:31 AM
Brock's minion
My DS choked on mucus while the photographer was in my room. She grabbed him and went running to the nurses....and I freaked out and ran after her.....
So glad everything worked out ok, my section was a shock to me also and I was very upset but I healed super quick and things are great.
Congrats on you baby girl, can't wait to see pics.

Michelle
May 24th, 2013, 03:53 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! That sounds stressful. Glad you and baby are ok. Can't wait for pics.
May 24th, 2013, 05:43 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Wow mama...sounds rather hard I know I flipped out when they mentioned I needed a c-section (even though it didnt end up being how it worked out), so I can really sympathize with needing that time to cry. But so glad baby is here, safe and healthy! I hope you heal quickly and baby starts eating a bit better for you! Congrats on little Mackenzie!
May 24th, 2013, 10:25 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Oh I'm sorry to hear that things were stressful. Back labor sounds awful...and what's with the epidural not taking?! The blood afterwards would have totally freaked me out. Glad you're ok. Congrats on your baby girl! Sorry about the C-section, but it sounds like that was the best thing for her.
May 24th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your baby girl! So sorry to hear things were a bit scary, but glad everything turned out. Cadence had problems with mucus too, seems to be a pretty common thing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search