Short frequent feeds?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2013, 09:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Anyone else's LO doing this?

Lilah wants to nurse a ton - maybe every hr or so, but then she's falling asleep after 5-10min. Once in a while she will nurse for 15 min straight and stay awake, but it's mostly short frequent feeds. Exhausting!!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
May 23rd, 2013, 11:32 AM
Liztastic's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes, I have a snacker for sure. She does do several long feeds throughout the day/night but she also loves her snacks in between. I will only feed off one side for a 2-3 hours stretched though - so I know she is getting plenty of hind milk. After that then I will switch to the other side for the next 2-3 hours.

Mom to:
Madalynn Faith ~ 2001
Alala Love ~ 2004
Elle Rain ~ 2008
Tilly Moon ~ 2013
May 23rd, 2013, 02:13 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
We do block feeds too (2-3 hours on one side). And yes, Jo is a snacker! She doesn't go more than 2 hours between feeds, but also will have hours where she will eat every 15 minutes for about 5 minutes. Thankfully, she mostly does it during the day.
May 23rd, 2013, 03:37 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kody does short, frequent feeds....all. night. long.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 23rd, 2013, 03:41 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Yes! I have a snacker too..I will have to try block feeding...I've been alternating even when she feeds within the same hour.
May 23rd, 2013, 04:54 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
Can you try dressing her down to just a onesie or diaper? This has helped me a lot with Owen. I've also had to resort to a cool washcloth on his forehead, which then startles him awake again. I'm sure as she gets a little older (days older, I mean) she will start to wake up a little more. Owen is 10 days today and starting to stay awake a little more during his meals. So frustrating, I know, especially when your boobs are bursting with milk and you're exhausted. I've had to resort to pumping for a few minutes here and there, just to relieve myself. Keep us posted!

May 23rd, 2013, 04:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I did the block feeding tonight - she did a long feed, but didn't empty the breast. 10 min later she wanted to feed again, so I put her back on that breast again, and she went another 20 min or so. Now she's going to eat AGAIN, lol, so I'll put her on the right this time.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search