Vent thread

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree56Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2013, 04:02 AM
May 2013 Cohost
I'm so f'n sick of my toddler getting up at 6 am every morning.
May 28th, 2013, 01:30 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Hmmm...I sense two clubs being formed!!

I'll head up "MILs need duct tape over their mouths" if MrsB. will chair "Nut-punch all the hubby's."

Whatdya say?
May 28th, 2013, 07:59 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sick of being woken up every hour to hour and a half all night long. And I'm especially sick of a baby who is such a noisy sleeper that about a half hour of that time is spent popping my head up because I think he's awake, then going back to sleep for 2 more minutes, then getting woken up again because he's making so much noise...I almost don't even want to go to bed because I guarantee I won't have a good night. I just wait for morning to come so I can give up on trying to sleep and just get up for the day.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 28th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Brock's minion
Line your husbands up right behind mine double nut punches for all that need it. Ill be sending my mother in law to you right away.
ashj_1218 and Shufu_in_Shunan like this.

Michelle
May 30th, 2013, 03:55 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm joining in!
i'm sick of my incision pain
my boob pain
bleeding
being tired
these dang hormones making me cry about everything
my toddler throwing fits
not being able to lift my toddler

May 31st, 2013, 06:42 AM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
*joins in*

I'm part of the "kill the DH" club!! Yesterday I had ONE thing I had to ask him to do (he took the day off to help me with Kaia so I could have a day "off").. I need to go down to Service Canada and submit my ROE from work so I can start getting EI benefits..and I'm not allowed to drive yet.

So Kaia starts her inconsolable screaming just when we're getting ready to leave.. great. After about 5 mins, DH was too frustrated with her and couldn't handle the cries and got SOOO pissy. Of course, I deal with her doing this EVERY DAY for HOURS in the afternoon.. and he can't deal with it for FIVE FREAKIN MINUTES?????

I will say, he did apologize to me last night and tell me he doesn't understand how I can deal with it on a daily basis... I won't tell him there are times that both me and Kaia are bawling our eyes out together... hahaha.

Oh, and that day off I was supposed to have? Yeah, right. He spent all day doing his own stuff while I dealt with the fussy kidlet...I feel like I might as well be a single mom at this point. Even when I ask him to spend time with the dog while I'm dealing with Appa, he means to, but the dog leaves the room and comes and whines at the gate at the nursery and DH doesn't even notice to call him back.

Soo... also sick of:
- Kaia not going back down after feeds during the day.. I'm sorry, a 3 week old should NOT be awake for 8 hour periods!!
- Not being able to drive!!!!!! ARRRGGG!!!!
- The dog still having issues with not settling completely around the baby (seriously, I would LOVE to be able to hold Kaia on the couch watching tv with the dog in the same room.. I'm SICK of the same 4 walls in the nursery during the HOURS of Kaia's wakeful times).
- Appointments.. I feel like I have no days when I'm HOME and I hate having to bug my mom all the time to take me
- Life. I'm not enjoying things at all these days.
WTTC #2

Last edited by Sapphera; May 31st, 2013 at 06:49 AM.
May 31st, 2013, 07:33 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm back on MIL. We just spent 3 days on vacation with her. Never again. She noticed the frontal bones on Avery's skull and said you can see them go all the way across because I put head bands on her that are too tight, even though they don't leave a mark on her, and they squeeze the head juices. Then she was criticizing our parenting with DH's daughter, from what she ate to correcting her. All of this to DH when I'm not around. She told him countless times how bad of a son he was on a trip that WE paid for. All she had to pay was her food. We agreed we're pretty much done with her. DH prefers my mom anyway. I refuse to leave Avery alone with her. Sorry lady, you don't treat my husband like crap and then suck up to me so you can see your grand kids.
kary4 likes this.
May 31st, 2013, 10:22 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
im sick of my husand today! he thinks because he works i dont have say in anything. im sick of him telling me i need to get a job soon. im sick of him not helping me out like he should with the baby, the cleaning, and everything else. i dont complain because since im home i feel i shoukld do the cleaning and cooking. i just feel like sometimes he purposly doesnt do things just to get me angry so i want to go back to work. i really wish he was one of those husbands that wants his wife to stay home....ha! not mine husband!!! he has another thing coming if he thinks im going back to work and then coming home to do everything i do without his help!

Ahhhh....i feel better now!

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
May 31st, 2013, 10:47 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Misty, I just love your bluntness!!! You have made me laugh!
misty3281 likes this.
May 31st, 2013, 10:53 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Lexi doesn't go down after feeds during the day either, unless we're driving somewhere and she's in her carseat. She mostly catnaps at home and it's driving me nuts bc she literally fusses all day long in between feeds. She doesn't just sit quietly in her bouncer or lay in her Pack N Play quietly. She then ends up needed a feeding earlier than her 2 hours. It becomes more like 90 minutes during the day. Ugh.
May 31st, 2013, 10:56 AM
I'm telling you she's nuts. She text me this morning saying she missed Avery and had fun and thanks. I told DH I'm not responding until I can figure out how I want to tell her off respectfully. My mom told me to mind my manners where she's concerned so I gotta listen. lol
EverydayJoy likes this.
May 31st, 2013, 10:56 AM
May 2013 Cohost
On top of that, we think our son might have high functioning autism, and at the very least sensory processing disorder. His behavior is escalating and I feel absolutely helpless. He also suffers from chronic ear infections. We have tubes surgery scheduled for July because he has summer camp in June. But now we may need to cancel camp and do the surgery sooner rather than later. Bc it looks like he's getting another ear infection. This will be his 8th since he started preschool. He just had a double one when Lexi was born. I was depending on camp to help me cope with 2 kids.
May 31st, 2013, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kary4 View Post
Lexi doesn't go down after feeds during the day either, unless we're driving somewhere and she's in her carseat. She mostly catnaps at home and it's driving me nuts bc she literally fusses all day long in between feeds. She doesn't just sit quietly in her bouncer or lay in her Pack N Play quietly. She then ends up needed a feeding earlier than her 2 hours. It becomes more like 90 minutes during the day. Ugh.
I'm so glad you posted this! I really thought I was doing something wrong. Avery does the same thing these days. If she's awake she wants constant interaction. She'll go in a swing for 5-10 minutes awake but that's it. I can't get anything done unless DH is home to entertain her while I work.
May 31st, 2013, 11:33 AM
May 2013 Cohost
I am sooo done having kids.

On top of everything, I feel a sore throat brewing. And I literally screamed at my son today to "lay down" bc he kept getting out his bed at naptime, like 15 times in a row. It was like a game to him. When I screamed, I scared him though, so now I feel bad. Ugh. And Lexi was screaming in her bassinet while this was going down. She had already been fed and of course wasn't napping.
May 31st, 2013, 03:14 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kary, I'm sorry things are going like that for you.
Kody doesn't like to just lay there quietly at all either, he does for about 2 minutes and then he starts to fuss and wants held. He wants to eat ALL THE TIME too and pretty much eats every 45 minutes to an hour all day and all night. Sometimes I get a two hour stretch but not often. This kid has put on a pound a week, he's now 9 lbs and I can see why!
At the same time, I don't have a toddler with sensory issues to deal with, and I also have my MIL helping me full time. So I'm pretty lucky. I would be going crazy if I was all by myself.

I wouldn't beat yourself up too much about screaming at your son. I have had times like that too, and what I have done is just talk to Ethan later about it and tell him I'm sorry that I yelled. I tell him sometimes Mommy gets a stinky attitude too and needs a nap. You are only human and can only take so much BS.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 6th, 2013, 12:55 AM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
I am so freaking sick of having breastfeeding problems causing me so much pain. First there was the horrible experience with mastitis, and now I'm pretty sure I have thrush. Awesome! ARGH! I have a one-month check-up tomorrow (apparently they do one-month check-ups here instead of six-week ones), so I'll bring it up then.

June 6th, 2013, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shufu_in_Shunan View Post
I am so freaking sick of having breastfeeding problems causing me so much pain. First there was the horrible experience with mastitis, and now I'm pretty sure I have thrush. Awesome! ARGH! I have a one-month check-up tomorrow (apparently they do one-month check-ups here instead of six-week ones), so I'll bring it up then.
The area I'm in does one month for vag and 6 weeks for c-section. And I hear you on the thrush. I keep trying to hold out and see if it's just her latch but it's not helping. I'm gonna end up having to go in. It sucks!!
June 6th, 2013, 05:33 AM
May 2013 Cohost
You'll feel relief within 24 hrs if you get started on the treatment for thrush. Good luck, I feel your pain!
June 6th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Quote:
Originally Posted by kary4 View Post
You'll feel relief within 24 hrs if you get started on the treatment for thrush. Good luck, I feel your pain!
That's good to know. You saying that actually reminded me that back when I had mastitis I also had some nipple pain on my left side for which I was prescribed a cream to be used 2-3 times once a day. At the time, I just used the cream as directed (they told me to make sure to clean it off before breastfeeding), and I didn't do any extra research on it and didn't know what it was, since it's in Japanese and I didn't bother trying to translate the writing on the tube. It did seem to work very quickly. Anyway, I still have the tube and decided to check it out...it's something called Terra Kotoriru and is an anti-inflammatory steroid cream used to treat bacterial infections...which sounds like thrush to me? So I guess I may have had thrush before and didn't even know! There's still plenty of the cream left in the tube and I'm tempted to use it, but I suppose I should wait and actually talk to the doctor tomorrow first. Also, they never gave me anything to treat Kaeldra, but I haven't noticed any white patches in her mouth.

Last edited by Shufu_in_Shunan; June 6th, 2013 at 06:24 AM.
June 6th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Thrush is a fungal infection, not bacterial so you would need a different medication I think.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search