Thankful Thread

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2013, 02:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The vent thread is getting a lot of posts, and understandably so! These first few weeks are hard. But I thought maybe there were also a few positives we could focus on as well.

What are you thankful for or enjoying about your newborn?
May 31st, 2013, 02:27 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just posted this below but it is worth repeating. Avery slept 6 hours straight!!And as much as he drives me crazy DH really does try his best to help me out as much as possible.
May 31st, 2013, 02:55 PM
Kenzie's Avatar Photography Momma
Carter pooped twice yesterday!
May 31st, 2013, 02:56 PM
Brock's minion
Good idea Erin.
I'm grateful for my son, every coo melts my heart.
I'm grateful for the long sleep stretches that's been happening.
I'm grateful for my husband ( I said it) he work so hard so that I get to stay home with my son.
I'm grateful that the Chicago Blackhawks made it to the western finals( game 1 tomorrow) I really needed to be be excited about something besides poop.

Michelle
May 31st, 2013, 03:31 PM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
I'm thankful for my mom She's been truly awesome over the last couple weeks!
I'm thankful for sleep at night (she wakes up, eats, goes right back to sleep at night)
I'm thankful for friends to keep me sane.
NTNP #2
May 31st, 2013, 03:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are thankful to have our little girl here healthy and growing.
We are thankful to be a family of 12. It's amazing.

May 31st, 2013, 05:07 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm thankful for the sleepless nights and sore nipples and engorgement and sore vagina and all the other 'bad' things because they are for my squishy man. I got up every 20 minutes last night because he was gassy...didn't bother me one bit. I'm thankful he is alive and perfect and mine.

Nichole
May 31st, 2013, 05:20 PM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
We can vent and be thankful at the same time : )

Im thankful for my 3 beautiful boys who are all healthy! I thankful for the roof over my head and my family. Im thankful for my husband, we have been together since we were 16 and still going strong....even though I want to deck him sometimes ; )
KnJ'sMomma727 likes this.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
May 31st, 2013, 05:20 PM
Super Mommy
I am thankful for my DVR and Grey's Anatomy reruns to keep me entertained all day and night.

I am thankful to live next to a Little Ceasars pizza place.

I am thankful for a husband who fully supports me and continues my nightly foot rubs...even though the baby is OUT.

I LOVE when Wyatt falls asleep on me and makes me feel he knows I am "mommy"
May 31st, 2013, 07:30 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Gosh I am thankful for so much!

I am thankful that my baby is chill. She is such a content little thing that it blows my mind. After two more high needs babies, it's awesome she is so laid back.

I am thankful for my three amazing blessings. Each one is so special in their own ways. They all look so different, they all act so different. I feel lucky to watch them all grow and change.

I am thankful for my amazing mother. Who has been so helpful and wonderful the past month. I wouldn't be near as sane if it weren't for her.

And, to be entirely vain, I am thankful I have not struggled nearly as hard as I thought I might to take off the preggo weight. I was a bit worried because of how plentiful it was, but it seems to be melting off as well. But I realize that is a silly thing in the grand scheme of things.
May 31st, 2013, 08:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm thankfully to have another little person in the house he's so cute it melts my heart , for how much his big sister loves him most of the time and that he got here safe it took me a year to get pregnant every month af showed it was heartbreaking but he was worth the struggle x
EverydayJoy and Mrsbowbin like this.

June 1st, 2013, 05:17 AM
Veteran
I am thankful for
- Netflix with tons of shows to watch
- that my milk supply, although still not enough to sustain my son, has come in and I am able to provide him nourishment. Even after a breast reduction
- my INCREDIBLE husband. He is so helpful, so patient and so loving to both my son and I.
- that I don't have to go back to work until August
- That I am consistently getting 6 hours of sleep. Amazing!
- My precious little boy that I swell with love just thinking about.
- When he falls asleep on my chest ore tracks my voice or looks at me while feeding. They all make me feel like he knows who I am!

June 1st, 2013, 11:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm thankful for a fairly easy baby. I find the first month hard regardless so I'm glad she's pretty predictable.

I'm thankful for my four older boys who do SO MUCH to help me right now (all the laundry, the cleaning, some kitchen work, they are even doing all my gardening and yard work).

I'm thankful for my husband. He is very supportive and objective, which helps so much when I am feeling emotional.

And yes, MrsB, that Chicago won their series! haha. Hoping for a Chicago/Pittsburgh final!
Mrsbowbin likes this.
June 1st, 2013, 05:13 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am also thankful for my mother who has saved the day on more than one occasion over the last five weeks. She knows how to help without interfering which is another blessing. I hope one day my kids will love me as much as I love her.
June 1st, 2013, 07:40 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm thankful for so many things!!
-for my little family of 5. It's complete now and I couldnt be more happy.
-for this adorable little baby girl!
-that my 1 year old absolutely loves his little baby sister and hugs and kisses her every chance he gets.
-that my daughter has been so helpful
-that my husband has been so amazing and helps at night even though he has to work in the morning.
-for all my family and friends that have came by every day to help me with my toddler since I cant lift him.
-for my awesome weight loss so far
-and that the Pens have made it to the eastern finals! GO PENS! lol
EverydayJoy likes this.

June 1st, 2013, 08:11 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I am thankful we have a vent thread. Ha! Just kidding.

-I'm thankful for my beautiful, healthy daughter. She is just so amazing, and she already smiles at us.
-I'm thankful that my husband can work from home and help out whenever he can, in the mornings and at night.
-I'm thankful for all the wonderful meals family and friends provided in the first two weeks.
-I'm thankful for the support from my Mom.
TeeCee likes this.
June 2nd, 2013, 08:03 AM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
I am super thankful for my mother for coming to stay with me for 2 weeks and for promising to come back every month this summer to stay for a week or so at a time.

I'm thankful for DH for working it out with his job so he can work from home this month and for taking care of DS so I can focus on DD.

I'm thankful that DS loves his little sister and hasn't had too many "jealous" moments.

I'm thankful that I was able to get my VBAC - I feel great, despite the sleep deprivation, after pains, and a bout of food poisoning this weekend.

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
June 2nd, 2013, 09:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Mothers a blessing!!
I am so thankful for my parents. We stayed with them since Mason was born and next week we will be on our own. My parents showed us unconditional love and support.
I am thankful for this new life. I have grown up so much because of it.

Most of all I AM THANKFUL MY SON KNOWS MY TOUCH AND VOICE. If he's fussy with someone, I can easily take him.. Talk to him and he falls right to sleep in my arms. Nothing can or ever will replace the tremendous amount of love I have for him.
EverydayJoy likes this.
June 2nd, 2013, 04:10 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
-I am thankful for an uneventful pregnancy that resulted in the most beautiful baby boy
-I'm thankful for his health, his smiles, his easy temperament, and that he's sleeping longer stretches at night
-I'm thankful for my husband who is so good with him and is the only other person in this world who loves him as much as I do
-I'm thankful for my marriage. One year anniversary today!!!
-I'm thankful for both of our families who have been incredibly supportive
-I'm thankful for baby's swing that calms him instantly!
-I'm thankful breastfeeding has gone so well and every single ounce of nutrition since his conception has come from my body. Seriously mind blowing!
-And lastly I'm thankful for this group of women and knowing that support/help is here when I need it.
EverydayJoy and kary4 like this.

June 3rd, 2013, 12:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm infinitely grateful for...

my husband, who is so loving and patient and HELPFUL (he's changed way more diapers than I have and never hesitates to get up at night)

the fact that we are both able to stay home with the baby for the time being

my dad, for his unconditional love and support in all of this

my boobs, who are super-producers of milk

my life, which i had never been remotely close to losing until child birth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search