why???!!!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2013, 04:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So I EP'd with my oldest daughter for 10 months. I made a ton of milk.....probably around 60oz a day. When bf'ing quickly went downhill with Lilah thanks to thrush on my nipples, I decided to ep for her too. With Lexy, I did it from probably day 3. Lilah nursed exclusively for over a week, so I just fed her on demand. My supply absolutely SUCKS now, and I can't get it to go up. I'm pumping 8 times a day (using a double pump....medela pump in style), two of those are in the night. I'm drinking a lot of water, eating oatmeal, and 2 days ago I started domperidone......NO change. I pump 1oz per breast per session.....wheras I used to pump 3 and 4oz per breast with my first daughter.

I dont get what is going on. My supply will not budge. I'm soooooo close to quitting, which is awful and heartbreaking because BFing was going soooo well until the thrush. I just dont get why my supply wont move.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
May 31st, 2013, 05:26 PM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
My supply was like that too. When I pumped I was only getting 1 ounce per breast. I dont know exactly what increased my supply but I drank Mothers Maid Milk Tea and drank alot of water. I was waking up engored and wanting to wake the baby to get some relief. I would say give it a few days and keep pumping consistantly at the same times to allow your body to get use to the new changes.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
May 31st, 2013, 06:12 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any advice but just wanted to say I'm sorry you're struggling. That must be so incredibly frustrating for you!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 31st, 2013, 06:24 PM
Veteran
Have you tried fenugreek? It has always helped my supply.
May 31st, 2013, 07:39 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I wonder if Lilah wasn't as an effective nurser as Lexy and therefore your supply was "told" to produce less and it will just take a little while for it to get the idea it needs to be more plentiful? (Possibly not it at all, but was offering a potential scenario).

But I have heard of Fengreek helping too. I have also heard of power pumping, which basically simulates a growth spurt. It is where you pump for 10 minutes, take 20 minutes off, pump again for 10 minutes, take 20 off, and pump a third time for 10 minutes...a couple times a day in places of one bigger pumping session. It worked for a friend of mine who was struggling with low EP supply.

Sorry it's proving so difficult this time around
June 1st, 2013, 06:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks girls. Tonight I think I've made the decision to just be done. I have had nothing but problems with BF'ing yet again. I'm exhausted and stressed out, and I feel horrible guilt, but I think I'm going to stop pumping. Today my left nipple started bleeding badly out of nowhere, to the point where the milk was pink. I know you can feed your baby milk with blood in it, but I was disgusted and I dumped it out. It just seems that anything that can go wrong, is going wrong. My breasts are so sore, my nipples are so sore, and I just can't do this anymore. She's not even 2 weeks old, and the thought of feeding her something "artificial" makes me feel awful........but at the same time, I'm getting nowhere with pumping, my supply just sucks, and nursing is out of the question at this point.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
June 1st, 2013, 07:01 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry Erin. At the same time, I'm sure your little girl will be just fine on formula. Still, I understand---I'm thinking about doing exclusive FF and it's such a hard decision to make. You really gave it your best!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search