So much milk!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsNHigh
  • 1 Post By MrsNHigh
  • 1 Post By MrsNHigh
  • 2 Post By LolaBadola
  • 1 Post By Sweet_Mama
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2013, 10:57 AM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know this is probably an annoying complaint, but I am making sooooo much milk. I have to pump before and after he eats. I get 5oz from each side each time. By 11am today, Ive pumped 20oz! I have a full shelf in the freezer. Anyone else a milk maid?
Skimboardin Mama likes this.

Nichole
June 9th, 2013, 01:40 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only wish I had that much. I have just enough for Avery and since I just found out I only have 4 more weeks to increase my milk supply I might be screwed as far as producing more goes. I suppose I could pump and dump until this thrush is gone so I can try to produce enough to feed and pump for work. I had it going good for a while and then stopped pumping so much and it leveled off.
June 9th, 2013, 02:15 PM
have you tried drinking Mother's Milk Tea? It really works well.
jcperez likes this.

Nichole
June 9th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Nope. Hadn't even heard of it until recently on here. Where do you get it?
June 9th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
lol milk maid. not i! I wish so that I could have extra for work, school, and the gym.

Misty have you tried straight fenugreek? works in 24 hours. It is one of the main ingredients in mother's milk tea. you take 12 pills a day 4 pills 3x or 3 pills 4x. (your choice) and you only have to take it 2-3 days

June 9th, 2013, 07:10 PM
You can get tea at any health food store or vitamin store or GNC. It's about $5. Drink 3-5 cups a day, and you're set. I drank it the day we got home from the hospital, and my milk came in the next day with a vengeance...and it hasn't let up. I haven't had anymore either. Also, there's a new product called Milky made by Tia and Tamera Mowry (from Sister Sister) that basically makes the tea taste good and portable. It's sold at Motherhood stores.
Skimboardin Mama likes this.

Nichole
June 9th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
Yes, I'm an overproducer too, and although it's a blessing on one hand, it's also a pain in the ***. I am constantly leaking and feeling full and could feed DS for a half hour or more and still be able to pump 8 oz. I have really tried to limit my pumping, though, which you might want to try, as well. It's tempting to pump to relieve the engorged feeling, but it's actually telling your body to produce more. If you let your supply adjust to what your baby drinks, it will start to level off and provide just the right amount. But yes, I've got an insane freezer stash already. So much that I don't even know where to store it. And I am already sick of people commenting on the size of my boobs, which are currently a G. I mean, I can't fit into any of my pre-preg clothes and it's because of them!

June 10th, 2013, 02:14 AM
I was a G before pregnancy so imagine the size now. I can't find a decent bra that keeps the girls in and comfortable. I'm falling out of the ones I have constantly having to readjust. I hate it.
June 10th, 2013, 05:43 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNHigh View Post
You can get tea at any health food store or vitamin store or GNC. It's about $5. Drink 3-5 cups a day, and you're set. I drank it the day we got home from the hospital, and my milk came in the next day with a vengeance...and it hasn't let up. I haven't had anymore either. Also, there's a new product called Milky made by Tia and Tamera Mowry (from Sister Sister) that basically makes the tea taste good and portable. It's sold at Motherhood stores.
I bought it at Babies R us. It really does work. Give it a day though.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
June 10th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Sweet_Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
Its at Wal-Mart. I bought some the other day. And u ladies should sell your milk! I don't know where but I have heard u can sell it and make money lol. Liquid gold!
EverydayJoy likes this.

Kelsey Wife to Chris with 3 little gremlins and one on the way!!!
Jacob 08/09
Jesse 01/11
Johnny 04/13
Jaxon 07/14

"In MY world of PINK I am surrounded by BLUE!"

June 10th, 2013, 08:54 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I have always been an overproducer. Last time, I actually ended up tossing some frozen milk, since Kieran didnt need it (he wouldn't take it from a cup) and I couldn't donate it because of medication I take.

But I make an effort not to pump in the first three months. I don't want to tell my body to produce more milk than it already does. I live in a state of fullness, just bordering on engorgement, for the first three months. So I don't need any more added onto that! I leak constantly and it drives me mad! But around four months, I don't mind pumping here and there. I generally dislike it...since it makes me feel like a cow. Lol. But I'll stash away 100oz or so (not much more than that, unless we use it, so I hopefully don't have to throw any away this time!). I like to have it in case of an emergency (I need surgery, have to go away at last second, etc).

But yeah, I have no issues with producing milk. Unfortunately, I get mastitis a lot because of it, my breasts just don't ever empty and it can cause some issues. But I feel like I can deal with it, since underproducing is worse of a problem. My boobs are currently holding at Hs. I am actually pleased they are not bigger, given I am a G before pregnancy. Maybe I will get my wish and my boobs will shrink some after I am done nursing this time! I would love some average DDs!! Lol.
LolaBadola likes this.
June 10th, 2013, 09:08 AM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
I just have to say I AM SO JEALOUS OF ALL OF YOU! I've been taking Fenugreek and Go-Lacta and eating oatmeal like it's going out of style, and the most I can get is about 4 ounces per pumping session. I'm EPing, though, so that might make a difference.

I don't know how long I can do this for...especially once DH goes back to work next week, and I don't have anyone to hold the baby while I'm pumping. Ugh.
June 10th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
Quote:
Originally Posted by misty3281 View Post
I was a G before pregnancy so imagine the size now. I can't find a decent bra that keeps the girls in and comfortable. I'm falling out of the ones I have constantly having to readjust. I hate it.
Have you looked online? That's where I buy all of mine. They cost a lot, but so worth it. I totally feel your pain, sister. I cannot wait to get a breast reduction!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search