MIL went home!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By misty3281
  • 1 Post By misty3281
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218
  • 1 Post By misty3281
  • 1 Post By Rhonda66

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2013, 09:17 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She left yesterday evening. She's been with us about 6 weeks all told, including the two weeks prior to me delivering. I am a teensy bit sad to see her go, because she has been so much help after Kody was born, but for the most part I am happy! I feel up to the challenge of taking care of two by myself, and I am excited to be able to walk around half-naked in my own house if I want to, lol. As well as having everything just the way I want it---dishes just so, guest bathroom arranged just so, laundry done my way, etc. I'm sure a lot of things will go undone that she was doing before, but I'm just glad to have it be just me and the boys! We'll see how long it is before I start wishing she was back, haha.
This morning, DS1 was missing her for sure. He's been sharing his room with her this whole time and I think he really liked having someone there with him. He was crying that he wanted to go back to the airport and get her. I felt bad, but I figured it might be like that for a little while. He is a really social little guy. He climbed in bed with us and slept some more after that.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 10th, 2013, 10:55 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Where's your MIL from? Will she take mine back with her? It's great she was such a big help for you. I'm sure there will be some adjusting for everyone but you'll get through it and everything will be great. Totally know what you mean about walking around half naked. I see no point in tops I have to raise every 2-3 hours. lol
ashj_1218 and EverydayJoy like this.
June 10th, 2013, 11:10 AM
My MIL is from Boise, ID. About 8 hours from here, lol. She's not that bad as far as MIL's go, but in some ways she bugs me because she's such a doormat in the way she relates to people. Worked out ok for helping around the house because she is very unassuming. But I'm glad to have my space back!
How much longer do you have with yours?

June 10th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Mine lives 20 minutes away so FOREVER! I am actually going back to school in August so we can move in a few years and she's one of the reasons for leaving.
MrsNHigh likes this.
June 10th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Uh oh! So she is probably inviting herself over all the time huh?

June 10th, 2013, 12:28 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Yay for having your own space! I know that feeling, of wanting to do things your way and have it all on your terms. It can be hard to not get antsy when someone is doing it differently.

Mine left a week and a half ago. Amazingly, as much as I wanted to chop my head off about the visit, she didnt bug me that much. I dunno if it was because I was so sick the week she came (the week before I had the baby) that she knew to back off. Or if it was because I was great at demanding my space when baby was new. But she really wasn't here that much (she spent lots of time with DHs brother/wife and her mom, both of whom live local). She only made one or two stupid comments (both about us needing to stop having kids...which even if we decide is for the best for us...it's OUR decision!) and only really did a couple maddening things. Which, for a three-week visit, is pretty awesome. She usually manages to have me screaming at least once or twice in just a week!

But glad you get to embark on taking care of the kiddos yourself. That is always important to me, that sense of not needing/wanting help, of being independent.
EverydayJoy likes this.
June 10th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Yes that's what it is, Ashlee, being independent. I have always been that way---stubborn and independent---so it's nice to get back to feeling that way again!
I'm glad it worked out with your MIL so well (relatively well, anyway)!

June 10th, 2013, 01:10 PM
She used to come over, but we had some words so she isn't speaking to us right now. Which only makes me all too happy. lol
EverydayJoy likes this.
June 10th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Haha!! Good job

June 10th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Woohoo Joy! Mine traveled onto Canada for a week and will be back on Thursday. I feel the same Joy, I've loved having her on the one hand, but I'll be happy to have life back to normal too, not have to worry about covering up, about arguing with DH or yelling at DS, about someone not doing things my way lol. DS missed her the minute she left for Canada and can't wait till she gets back. I think she said her flight back to Arizona is on the 25th so she'll still be here a couple more weeks I believe. It's gone really well overall and more than anything I'm glad she's been able to have the time with Sophia that she didn't get with DS and I think it's been good for DH too.
EverydayJoy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search