Anyone else's baby miss the memo?!!!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Erin80
  • 1 Post By jcperez
  • 1 Post By misty3281
  • 1 Post By mrsjl
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
......that when they wake in the night, they're supposed to go right back to sleep after eating??!!! Lilah seems to like to poop right after eating in the middle of the night, and changing her wakes her RIGHT up....and she's up for 2 hours. It's pretty exhausting! Last night she woke up at 1am to eat, then didn't go back to sleep until after 3am, but wouldn't sleep in her bassinet until 4:45am (she had to sleep on my chest only!). I am SO tired every day. I don't know if she just doesn't get the concept of night time or what...haha. My second daughter was so awesome about it - she would just eat then go right back to sleep for another 3 hours. Once Lilah goes to sleep, she sleeps for a long time, but it's getting her back to sleep that's impossible since I have to change her almost every time.
EverydayJoy likes this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
June 10th, 2013, 11:58 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Avery will go back to sleep easily, but it's a light sleep and heaven forbid I try to put her in the crib next to my bed. She pops right open and insists I pick her up, to which she goes right back to sleep. Trying to get her to sleep in her crib is going to be the end of me. She's usually wide awake at 11pm and 4am. Good times I tell ya.
June 10th, 2013, 12:12 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hear ya, the other night Kody was awake for 2 hours at 3 am. Usually he goes right back to sleep pretty well---although he wakes every 1-2 hours all night long. But sometimes he doesn't go back to sleep and it drives me CRAZY! I was so annoyed with him when he wouldn't go back to sleep. lol. Exhaustion is no fun!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 10th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh yes Chloe like's playing this game with me, her 2am feeding is fine. But once she wakes for her 4 or 6 am feeding forget it it take's me about a hr or 2 just to get her back to sleep..

June 10th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We seem to have fallen into a habit of when Sophia wakes up for her 3-4am feeding, she won't go back to sleep unless she's on me as well - and she stays like that until I get up around 6 (and hit the snooze button for an hour until we have to get out of bed at 7). Only for that feeding though, otherwise she normally will go right back to sleep - and yes, she tends to poop up to 2 to 4 times every feeding - usually as soon as I change the diaper, she goes again of course.
June 10th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Joshua usually goes straight back to sleep apart from occasionally if he's grumpy but my daughter was a nightmare I usually put him in his Moses basket I used to let my daughter sleep with us and it took me till she was 5 to get her to stay in bed so I'm not doing the same with Joshua x

June 10th, 2013, 07:23 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Ok, I feel guilty but I don't have this problem! She's able to go back to sleep right after feeds in the middle of the night! Currently she feeds around midnight, 4 am, and 6:30 am ish. The only feeding that she has issues with is after the 6:30 am one. She usually sleeps very lightly after that, and does a lot of grunting, passing gas, and explosive poops. So I usually don't actually sleep after 6 am, just rest in bed, dozing, until about 8:30 am when my toddler gets passed to me by hubby.
June 10th, 2013, 09:05 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm on exactly the same schedule as you Kary. I feel very lucky too!

June 11th, 2013, 02:14 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
ok...so it seems most of us moms didn't get the memo that babies will stay awake for 2 hours before going back to sleep. here I am now its after 4 am and remy is wide awake since 2 am! he will fall asleep in my bed, I go put him in his bassinet and he wakes right back up! im so exhausted in the mornings!
misty3281 likes this.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
June 11th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think Lilah would go back to sleep, if things didn't happen to keep her up. She's had a cold since she was a week old, and she has major coughing attacks (I had the cold when I delivered her, and she caught it, UGH). She coughs to the point of projectile puking up her entire bottle (this happened last night at 2am, VERY sad, breaks my heart every time - I'm taking her to the doctor today because I think the cold should be gone by now), so we have to change her, our sheets, and re-feed her - at which point she goes right to sleep. Other times she poops right after eating, so we have to change her, which wakes her right up.

If she didn't have a cold, and didn't poop after eating at night, we'd be good!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
June 11th, 2013, 06:35 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcperez View Post
ok...so it seems most of us moms didn't get the memo that babies will stay awake for 2 hours before going back to sleep. here I am now its after 4 am and remy is wide awake since 2 am! he will fall asleep in my bed, I go put him in his bassinet and he wakes right back up! im so exhausted in the mornings!
That would be Avery too. I let her sleep with me the first 6 weeks, but as she got bigger and more wiggly I'm ready for her to be in her own space and she isn't having it. Between her and DH I sleep with my but hanging off the bed every night. I was trying to put her straight in the crib when she would go to sleep and that didn't work AT ALL. Now I'm letting her fall asleep with me and then moving her, but she still only sleeps about 30 minutes before realizing I'm not right next to her and she wakes up. I'm determined to reclaim my space though so we're gonna keep at it and eventually she'll figure it out. Hopefully.
jcperez likes this.
June 11th, 2013, 07:16 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
he's pretty good about going back to sleep, but sometimes he keeps me up with all of his grunting and groaning and farting. he doesn't even cry when he wakes to eat, he just sucks his hands and his breathing changes (more like a panicked, frantic, "where's the food?!" breathing lol) and last night I woke up and peeked over at him and he was just laying there, wide awake and quiet as a mouse.
EverydayJoy likes this.

June 11th, 2013, 04:48 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjl View Post
...his breathing changes (more like a panicked, frantic, "where's the food?!" breathing lol)
LOL, Kody does this too.
rheaimedved likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search