Diaper/Clothing size

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2013, 08:27 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So just for curiosity's sake, what size is everyone's baby wearing?

I felt a little sad, because right about exactly at one month, Kody started growing out of his newborn sized clothes. Just yesterday I went through his drawer and pulled them out and bagged them up. He also graduated from newborn diapers to size 1, although size 1 is still a little big on him. I can't believe he's growing so fast! I want my little guy to stay small forever!

I realized that pretty soon, too, it won't really be accurate anymore to say "My newborn". I'll have to just call him "My baby"...he doesn't seem quite big enough to make that transition yet!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 15th, 2013, 08:30 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Caroline is 7 weeks and I just moved her to size 2 diapers. They seem so huge but the size 1 diapers were getting small. She is still wearing 0-3 months clothing. She outgrew the NB outfits within a couple of weeks. There are several outfits that are too small for her right now but I can't bring myself to put them away. She is likely our last so that will be the last time I have something that small in a dresser.
June 15th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Yeah I hear you! Kody will probably be our last, too, so that's why I feel sad. I don't recall feeling that way with Ethan.

June 15th, 2013, 08:33 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Avery will be 2 months tomorrow. I just took off her last fitting newborn outfit a few days ago. Time to put all of the newborn clothes away and I hate thinking about doing it. Most of the 0-3 month stuff is still too big for her though which makes it hard to dress her. She is in a size 1 diaper. Since she was born so tiny I got to keep my little girl little for longer than most. She goes for her 2 month shots in 2 weeks. Time is flying by too fast.
June 15th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Our little one is 6 weeks and although she was born at 39 weeks, she's only 8 lbs 9oz and 20 inches long. She is still in some newborn and just starting the 0-3 months.

June 15th, 2013, 09:33 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Grady is still in size 1 diapers but we will make the change soon. He's in mostly 3 month clothing. Some 0-3 still fits. I was SOOOO sad packing up his newborn clothes. Biggest pit in my stomach!

June 15th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Misha is 5 weeks and has been a size 2 diaper for the last week and a half (although we switched to cloth when the size 1s were super tight on him). Some t-shirts we have say 6 months but they seem to run small, but generally he's in 3 month clothing. The 0-3 mo onesies that snap at the crotch are all too small (wish I didn't have so many of those!). When we last measured him (a week ago?) he was 24" and he's about 14 lbs (almost 15 lbs on our bathroom scale but I rounded down).
EverydayJoy likes this.

Last edited by rheaimedved; June 15th, 2013 at 09:50 AM.
June 15th, 2013, 11:07 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Lexi was 6 weeks on Thursday. She was weighed at the pedi yesterday at 8 lbs, 9 oz. She's out of her newborn footed sleepers due to height, not weight. I never bought any newborn daytime outifts. I have all size 0-3 month size outfits and they are a little large, but work. I have her in size 1 diapers (we switched about 2 weeks ago when we ran out of newborn size; they run a tad large, but work well since her poops are larger now). I'm more sad this time around bc I'm pretty sure she's our last. How can I never have a sweet newborn again?!
June 15th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Joshua is 6 wks and in size 2 newborn nappies but that's what he's always been in he's 9lb 9 oz so his newborn stuff is snug and he's starting to get into his 0-3 months stuff I'm so sad he's nearly out of his newborn stuff they grow way to fast x

June 15th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lilah is in size 1 diapers (for a week now), and newborn clothes. We'll be moving out of newborn soon. The sleepers are fitting her perfectly. She wears 0-3 month stuff too.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
June 15th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Cadence is 4 weeks old and in size 2 diapers and 3 month or 3-6 month clothes. I'm curious what she weighs now; haven't checked since she was 3 days old. I think she's over 10 lbs.
June 15th, 2013, 01:42 PM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anna is 3 weeks and still fits in the newborn diapers. I dress her in both newborn and 0-3 clothing. Some newborn items are already a bit too snug and while some 0-3 fit her just fine, others are still too big. I wish everything was consistent.
June 15th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Roman is just now growing out of NB clothes too. This weekend ive had to start using 0-3 month clothes. I never bought NB diapets since we cloth diaper so he still fits in the size 1s we have. Hell be five weeks on Monday.

June 15th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl046100 View Post
Joshua is 6 wks and in size 2 newborn nappies but that's what he's always been in he's 9lb 9 oz so his newborn stuff is snug and he's starting to get into his 0-3 months stuff I'm so sad he's nearly out of his newborn stuff they grow way to fast x
Hey just curious, do they have a size 1 newborn and size 2 newborn diaper there? In the US we have preemie ones and newborn ones, and then size 1 which is for 8-14 lbs (4-6 kg). Just wondering if they do things different there!

June 15th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Regular
We're using size 1 diapers but ready to move to size 2 which are coming from Amazon next week. Still in 0-3 clothes but 3-6 stuff is starting to fit. He's 11.5 lbs.
IUI Aug.17 / 20 million with 95% motilty after wash
Faint BFP 10 & 11dpiui
Beta#1 at 11dpiui: 24 / #2 at 13dpiui: 54 / #3 at 15dpiui: 107
U/S #1: Sept. 17th ~ 1 little jelly bean
Anatomy scan: Dec. 19th ~ It's a BOY!!

Born on his due date May 10th at 1:39pm weighing 8lbs 9oz & 22 inches long ~ VBAC#2
June 15th, 2013, 09:38 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
We use cloth, but I actually had to use an "emergency" sposie at my moms house tonight (too much poop!) and it was a newborn. Fits fine. Her bum is pretty tiny. So I guess she is still in newborn diapers.

She wears newborn pants and shorts. But 0-3 months in tops, dresses, sleepers, and onesies. Her body is long, so she was out of newborn sleepers really quickly (within 2 weeks). Her 0-3 is still rather big, but its better than too small! She is about 9.5lbs and 22in. And 5.5 weeks.
June 16th, 2013, 12:19 AM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Carter is 19 days old and he barely fit NB diapers when he was born. He wears a size 1 diaper and 0-3mo or 3 mo clothing. He could squeeze into NB clothes for about a week.

Nichole
June 16th, 2013, 03:07 AM
Brock's minion
Brock is 6 1/2 weeks, 10 pounds 2.3 ounces. He's in size one diapers until we finish this last box up then we are moving in size 1/2. He wears 3 month clothing but we have a couple of 6 month shirts that work. He is on the long and lean side so many shirts/pants he swims in.

Michelle
June 16th, 2013, 06:34 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Remy is a size 1 diaper and some size 0-3 and 3 month clothes fit him well with some room to spare. Had him at the dr. a few days ago and he was 9 lbs. 11 oz.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
June 16th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Super Mommy
Wyatt is 2 months today. He is 10 pounds and in size one diapers, and I'm with Lisa on this one- his clothing size is all over the place. It totally depends on the maker. Some newborn stuff fits (and strangely- one newborn outfit is too BIG) and then some 0-3 work great, and a few 3-6 even fit. It's a crapshoot for us.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search