Does your baby play?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By LabLover13
  • 1 Post By Shufu_in_Shunan
  • 2 Post By rheaimedved
  • 2 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By Sweetpea24

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Now that we are a play room I was wondering if any of your babies 'play' or interact with you?

Arthur still hasn't socially smiled, but I'm looking forward to that coming soon!

He's 4 weeks today

June 15th, 2013, 02:38 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Avery loves her playmat and mobile on her crib. She plays with both every morning and evening. Sometimes she will look at herself in a mirror in her swing for a while too. She smiles all the time, especially if you play with her face softly. She actually rolled over from tummy to back for the first time yesterday. She's growing too fast already.
June 15th, 2013, 03:59 PM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
When she's not eating or sleeping, Claire cries. I don't really consider that playing (playing with my sanity, maybe).

Really looking forward to getting through the newborn stage and interacting with this little girl!!
rheaimedved likes this.

Last edited by LabLover13; June 15th, 2013 at 04:43 PM.
June 15th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Brock's minion
Brock plays with his playmat toys and a few other stimulating ones we have for him. He loves looking at himself in the mirror-he smiles a lot now even when not prompted. His mobile is his new thrill.

Michelle
June 15th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Joshua smiles a lot and makes lots of noises I need to get some toys for him x

June 15th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Kaeldra just started socially smiling this past week, and I get so excited every time I see it. I just ordered a playmat gym which should arrive in a couple days, so I hope she'll play with the toys!
Mrsbowbin likes this.

June 15th, 2013, 07:13 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kody doesn't really play yet. When he's awake he generally is fussy if he's not being held. That being said, he did smile at Daddy day before yesterday...his first real smile that wasn't random or in his sleep! He did it for him again yesterday, too! It was really sweet to see!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 15th, 2013, 09:52 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Yep, Jo does play. She loves a certain moose toy we have and will try to bat at it. She likes watching her mobile sometimes too. She will kick her legs in excitement and open her hands. And open her eyes really wide...which generally causes them to cross. Lol.

And she smiles...mostly at Liam. Stinker! I don't know if I call it social, since I can't get her to do it regularly with me chatting with her. But she loves her brother!

She is my earliest player. But also my most content, so she prolly has more happy time where I can put her down to play. Liam and Kieran were mostly angry if they were awake and not eating.
June 15th, 2013, 11:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
5 weeks old. Questionably looks at faces, doesn't smile socially (a few times he's smiled and happened to be facing in my direction, and as much as I wanted it to mean something, I realized it was very unlikely-- I won't count it until it's happening predictably), definitely doesn't play/reach/generally interact with the environment. Hates tummy time. REEAAAALLLLY looking forward to getting some positive feedback (and 6 hours of sleep a night, which I assume will happen at some point in the future. if not, just kill me now).
LabLover13 and Mrsbowbin like this.
June 16th, 2013, 10:12 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Rhea--it WILL happen at some point in the future. Can't say when, but I can say it will happen. Even with my DS1, who was a HORRIBLE sleeper and still wasn't sleeping through the night at a year and a half old, still gave me at least 6 hour stretches eventually. He still wakes up a couple times a night but he does well mostly. And most babies do a lot better than that--he had a lot of problems (reflux, a lot of ear infections, etc).
I recall talking to other moms and a few of them said, "Oh my baby was sleeping through the night at 4 weeks old"...and I just about wanted to strangle them. Or punch them in the face.
LabLover13 and rheaimedved like this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 16th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Chloe smiles now, Alot too. All you got to do is talk to her. I havent really gave her any toys to play with she dont seem interested yet, and im afraid she will hit her self in the head since her arms are still all over the place. But in the morning she will lie in her bed and talk to her self, she squeaks it's so cute.
Mrsbowbin likes this.

June 16th, 2013, 08:09 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Caroline has given us a couple of smiles. Usually right after she gets done eating. You can see her cheek starting to move into the smile really slowly. So cute! She likes to play on her play mat and shriek at the toys. Mostly she just sleeps though. I'm ready for her to be awake more and to play with me. I feel like my return to work is coming so quickly so I want all the fun stuff to start now so I can enjoy it for a bit.
June 18th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
She'll be 4 weeks on Thursday. If I take her hands and clap them together and say "yaaaaay", she LOVES it. She smiles (well her eyes smile anyway!). She LOVES doing patty cake. She likes if you bicycle with her legs, that usually makes her really smile. She likes to bounce up and down. I LOVE it when they start to interact!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search