Clara update

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By bcogoli
  • 1 Post By bcogoli

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi all,i hope you and your babies are all doing well. Clara had her 1 month checkup today so i figured i would pop in and give you an update.

Were all doing really well! Connor and Rosalynn are madly in love with their sister and Clara loves to snuggle with them. She will be 5 weeks tomorrow! She is 7lbs 4oz and 19.5 inches. She is now in the 5th percentile which is amazing. She loves to be awake and play on the floor. She only wakes up about 1-2 times at night and is still getting supplimental feedings with formula 1-2 times a day. She is in newborn diapers and for the last 2.5 weeks she has been in newborn clothes. She is off of all dairy, my son is allergic to milk and she was showing signs of it to. Were all doing really great and were so happy.

I dont get on here much so please update me with anything you want to share on this post. Thank you.
June 17th, 2013, 08:13 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow awesome Beth! She is getting so big now! I'm glad to hear she's thriving and that your other kids are so great with her. How are you feeling?

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 17th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Joy im feeling pretty good. I have my echo and i start my next haulter monitor test on wednesday. I cant wait to get it over with. Aside from the heart issues im surprisingly doing great. I thought the adjustemt from 2 to 3 kids would be harder than it was.
June 17th, 2013, 09:03 AM
So this is your second holter monitor? Are they doing the one where it's a 24 hour one or the event monitor where you push the button to record? I hope it goes well, those things are a pain in the butt. I had an echo, too, it took awhile but wasn't a big deal. My only complaint was that the tech that did it made NO small talk whatsoever for the 45 minutes (or however long it was, I'm just guessing) that she was doing the scan. The scan itself though was fine.
I'm glad you're adjusting well to gaining a new family member!

As for me, I am not sure it was such a good idea to have a second baby. This has been a lot harder than I thought it would be. I was thinking having 2 wouldn't be so bad, the oldest could help with the newborn, etc but I didn't count on the amount of sleep I'd be losing and how fussy Kody is. I do know that we're definitely not having any more after this. Just the way it triggers my depression, not to mention the other health risks, is enough for us. Although at the same time I'm sad we won't have more.

June 17th, 2013, 03:41 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
So glad she is thriving and everyone is adjusting so well. Sounds great!! And she is catching up quick Way to grow Clara!

I hope your heart test goes well and you get some answers (good ones too).

We are all good. The adjustment has been easier than anticipated, because she is so easy and content. She is growing really well. Probably about 9.5lbs by now. She is getting interactive, which is engaging the older boys. She is also a pretty decent sleeper, so that is a blessing. I know I would be singing a different tune if she were more difficult.
June 18th, 2013, 04:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Joy it will get easier i promise. Someone once told me that the loss of a loved one can take months to adjust to so why should adding a loved one be quick and easy. Give yourself time to adjust.
About the haulter monitor, i am doing another 24 hour monitor. Atleast i hope its 24 and not 48. Lol

Ashlee im so glad she is so good for you! I think the 3rd baby in general is pretty easy. I know i hardlly have time to "baby" Clara so she is now really go with the flow. I hope she continues to be nice to her mommy.
EverydayJoy likes this.
June 18th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Thanks Beth, that's a good point.
Is the second monitor just to re-check and see how you're doing? The 24 hour ones are a pain, but I think they're less of a pain than the event monitors. I wore one of those for about 2 weeks. It was so annoying. At least I got to take it off to shower!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search