Catnapping - grrr!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2013, 06:02 PM
May 2013 Cohost
She only took 3 catnaps today. Her first, this am, was only 40 minutes. The second one was 25 minutes, and the 3rd one was about 30 minutes. She's been awake since 3:30 pm. It's now 8:00 pm and she's still not asleep. Ugh. This has got to be a growth spurt. God I hate these.
August 5th, 2013, 06:53 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kary, I looked up the growth spurt schedule and there's one right at 3 months. Kody is 2 days away from 3 months, so that's probably what's going on for him...I imagine your LO is doing the same.
Kody only had two naps today...one half hour one and one two hour one. Usually he takes a nap every hour for an hour (or at least 40 mins). I miss that! Plus when he's awake he's really cranky too. Ugh.
Oh, and Kody just started trying to roll from back to tummy. He can get about halfway.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Last edited by EverydayJoy; August 5th, 2013 at 07:03 PM.
August 6th, 2013, 03:36 AM
Veteran
Aargh! I am in the same boat and it is driving me mad. Wish I could say it is just a growth spurt but Brian has been doing this every day since he was 6 weeks old so I don't know if it will ever change. He only ever sleeps for thirty minutes at a time all day. He wakes up and you can tell he is still tired but there is nothing you can do to get him back down. He is then so grumpy I don't know what to do with him so generally end up feeding him up of desperation even though I am pretty sure he isn't actually hungry. I really thought that by twelve weeks things would be easier but I honestly feel like they are actually getting harder. I love him so so much but at the moment I am so frustrated that I am finding every day incredibly difficult. I end up in tears and feel like a terrible mother for struggling so much. Shouldn't this be getting easier?
August 6th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hmmmm Lilah is catnapping today, and fussy because she's tired! She always has a 3-4 hr nap in the morning....but not today!!! It's so much extra work to have a catnapping baby, and two other girls who need my attention too. Lilah never does this!!!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
August 6th, 2013, 11:00 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Erin - it sounds like things on the whole have gotten better with Lilah. Yeah!
August 6th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
YES - they have. Lilah is becoming a great baby! The past three nights she's been down around 8:30 or 9, slept until 3am, then went down again until 6:30 or 6:45. This is considered GREAT in our house! During the day, she's VERY happy...even into the evening. She doesn't scream and cry anymore, she's generally cooing right up until bedtime....she might get fussy right when it's bedtime because she's tired. She's fairly easy to get down at night, and goes down for naps no problem (in the swing). I'm SO GLAD it's getting easier, that was a long haul with her.

August 6th, 2013, 12:29 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Well today Lexi is doing a 180 from yesterday. She napped for a solid 2 hrs this am - heaven! And she's calm as can be today. I love days like these!
August 6th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Kary, Kody is much better today too! He is back to his old self. Ahh so nice!

August 6th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lilah finally went down for her long nap around noon and slept until 4!!!

August 6th, 2013, 03:22 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Joy, that's great! Does Kody have consistent nap times now?

Erin - 4 hour nap?! I'm jealous!
August 6th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Kary, no, he's just gone back to his old routine of approximately being awake for an hour, sleeping for an hour, awake for an hour, etc. all day. I like that routine because it helps break up the day and give me lots of little breaks. The couple of days beforehand, he was only taking two 1-hour naps all day, and it was killing me! Especially because he'd been so fussy when he was awake. I much prefer this schedule!

August 6th, 2013, 04:11 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I love breaks. I live for nap time. It is sacred!
August 6th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Yes it is!!

August 6th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Brock's minion
We used colic calm to get Brock through the colic period, it's a miracle.

Michelle

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search