Catnapping - grrr!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2013, 06:58 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Today I am so frustrated. Lexi literally has not slept longer than 30 min since 12:15 pm when I had to wake her up to go pick up my son from camp. As soon as we got back, I fed her (1 pm). She did not sleep after that feeding. Then I fed her again at 2:30 pm, and then 3:00 pm. At 3:00 pm she catnapped for only 30 min. Then she was back up and I fed her again close to 4 pm. At 5 pm I left for the grocery store with my older son, leaving Lexi with her father. I was back by 6 pm for another feeding. At this point I'm so low in my supply my let down took forever and she's screaming. Then finally at 7 pm I got to eat dinner (cold). Then another feeding at 8:20 pm. She hasn't slept in between any of these feeds, mind you. And here it is almost 9 pm and she is still restless. She's in her bassinett now and fussing. I don't get it. How can a 6 week old not sleep all day? W*f is going on? Yet if I had her in the stroller or car seat she would have slept probably. Ugh!!! I'm so sick of this crap!
jcperez and rheaimedved like this.

Last edited by kary4; June 17th, 2013 at 07:01 PM.
June 17th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im sorry. My LO only took one good nap today. Otherwise hes been only wanting to snooze when im holding him. As soon as I lay him down hes cussing me out. ohhh I so tried to not hold him as often to avoid this problem. It can be frustrating not being able to get the simplest task done for hours.

June 17th, 2013, 07:21 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel your pain, Kary. There have been lots of days recently that Kody has just wanted to catnap allll day...not getting more than one hour nap in the daytime...and otherwise falling asleep and waking back up in 10 minutes. It's super-frustrating and I usually end up wondering why in the world I thought I was ready for a second child. I hope Lexi does better tomorrow!
rheaimedved likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 17th, 2013, 07:30 PM
May 2013 Cohost
It's now 9:30 pm and you know who is still at it - not asleep. I'm livid.
June 17th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Yikes, Kary. I am so sorry. I don't know if it's too late to go out, but I would suggest what I've been using for Kody---Colic Calm---because it has chamomile in it. Sometimes that helps Kody fall asleep when he's awake and fussing. The bottle says it's safe for babies of any age.

June 17th, 2013, 07:51 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Just did another feeding...going to burp her and put her down in bassinet and see what happens. Does this sound like a growth spurt?
June 17th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Yup it does to me! Seems like babies generally eat more or sleep more during a growth spurt, but I betcha they can also be awake more. Sure sounds like she's on a feeding frenzy though. I hope she settles down!

June 17th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Super Mommy
Mine starting catnapping at 6 weeks when he started sleeping better at night! So maybe Lexi will give you a good night!
June 17th, 2013, 08:15 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Ok, it's 10:13 EST here...she's in her bassinet and asleep finally. Wonder how long this will last. Thanks for the support ladies. I would go crazy without this board. I'm going to watch TV and eat some chocolate and relax. Its been a long day. I bought Reese cups, Twix, and Kit Kat. I'll start with the Reese cups and see what happens.
June 17th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
When I was Googling why my baby wanted to eat allllllll the time a while ago, I read in several places that most babies go through a growth spurt around 6 weeks, so I bet that's what it is. I think Kaeldra might be going through one, too. The other day I nursed 18 times in a 24 hour period...I thought I was going to go crazy! And she was nursing for longer each time than normal, sometimes for the whole hour. I had a break between 3 and 7 a.m., then another between 8 and 11 a.m., but then nursed every hour with the exception of one until 1 a.m. the next morning!
rheaimedved likes this.

June 17th, 2013, 11:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've ordered a copy of The Wonder Weeks, I know the little snippet a friend shared with me before I ordered it was really helpful, it's all about developmental leaps and growth spurts. Maybe you'd find that helpful! I can't wait to get my copy of the book hopefully in a week or so!

June 17th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Kary, I'm glad Lexi finally went to sleep! Hope the chocolate helps!

June 18th, 2013, 12:18 AM
May 2013 Cohost
It's 2:15 am, and she's just stirring for the next feeding. I ate my Reese cups and took a nap on the couch downstairs. Her last feeding was at about 9:30 pm, so she went about 5 hrs in between feeds just now. That's great but it doesn't make up for lack of naps today, girlfiend!
June 18th, 2013, 01:10 AM
Kenzie's Avatar Photography Momma
Yay!
June 18th, 2013, 03:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Joshua was like that yesterday he slept from 9am-10am and that was him for the whole day until he went to sleep at half 9 that night then was back up at half 2 in the morning I was going demented its a nightmare I couldn't get anything done hopefully he's better today x

June 18th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayJoy View Post
Yikes, Kary. I am so sorry. I don't know if it's too late to go out, but I would suggest what I've been using for Kody---Colic Calm---because it has chamomile in it. Sometimes that helps Kody fall asleep when he's awake and fussing. The bottle says it's safe for babies of any age.
DH bought this and has been using it for Roman. He said he can tell an immediate change when his tummy is hurting.
EverydayJoy and Mrsbowbin like this.

June 18th, 2013, 06:55 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Where can you get Colic Calm? Any grocery store?
June 18th, 2013, 07:28 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Remy is the same way. He is an AWSOME sleeper in his car seat when Im driving and usually stays asleep during an outing in the stroller. I am so thankful for that! But if im home he is a terrible napper. He will fall asleep while I feed him but the moment I get up he gets up and refuses to sleep. He takes lots of cat naps during the day about 10 minutes the most I get out of him. It is exhausting. Finally about 3 or 4 pm he will start taking a good 2 hour nap before wanting to eat again. SHHHHHH.......yesterday I got 3 hours out of him between feedings!

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
June 18th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Kary, it can be hard to find, but CVS pharmacy and Babies R us have it (here anyway).

June 18th, 2013, 08:49 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, those days are the worst. I hope today will be better for you both. It really sounded like a growth spurt day. Thankfully there is usually a good day in between the rotten ones. It's impossible to function if you haven't slept more than an hour at a time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search