Check in

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes
  • 4 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By LabLover13
  • 2 Post By misty3281
  • 5 Post By kary4
  • 1 Post By jl046100
  • 4 Post By Memi
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved
  • 1 Post By kary4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2013, 02:53 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's so quiet in here today! Anyone want to vent or update how they and baby are doing? Or any news?

I got my first full-on smile today from Kody, directed right at me. I was leaning over him, smiling and talking to him, and he did a big ol' smile. Aw just love those moments! Makes up for Ethan having a cold and being whiny today!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 19th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Brock's minion
We had a craptastic morning, Brock was inconsolable from 7:30-1pm it was a rough stretch for my little man. He took a great crib nap today for three hours this afternoon and is just starting to stir himself awake. I've noticed that while he hated be swaddled the first 7 weeks, he's beginning to like it and become relaxed when I do it.

Michelle
June 19th, 2013, 03:35 PM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
It has been quiet today! Everyone must be catching up on their sleep from their little catnap episodes recently =).

I'm starting to think Claire might have colic. She is a fussy-mcFussFace every day for a period of time...inconsolable crying. I don't know if it's reflux, gas, or what, but I've become obsessed with researching "cures" for it. I ordered some colic-calm, which came today (we're going to try it tonight) and I'm going to hit up Walgreens this afternoon to get some BioGaia (it's an infant probiotic that has shown some improvement in babies with urpy tummies).

Right now she's sleeping like a little angel, so I'm catching up on Game of Thrones. Ahh, bliss.
rheaimedved likes this.
June 19th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Sorry you two ladies are having rough patches. Ugh it's really hard to have an inconsolable baby. Kody hasn't been that way yet, thankfully, but Ethan (my first) was like that frequently. It was sooo hard to deal with.

June 19th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Bio Gaia is AMAZING stuff! My friend swears by it!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
June 19th, 2013, 06:28 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Rough day for us too. I think he may be coming down with something but I hope not. He's barely slept all day and just wants to be held. He slept on me for an hour and when he woke up it seemed like he was having trouble breathing through his nose . He seems to be okay now. I'm exhausted.

June 19th, 2013, 06:31 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Avery had 2 good nights of finally going to bed at 8pm and sleeping 4-5 hour stretches. Then I got the bright idea to spend the night at my moms with her when DH worked in case I was called in also. Well being in a different place coupled with the insane hotness there made her wake every single hour all night long. Then come to find out I wasn't even on call and didn't need to go. So she spent all day yesterday sleeping and up every hour again last night. I let her sleep till about noon today and it's been a battle of wills between me and her to keep her awake more than asleep this evening so she'll sleep tonight. Just bathed her and nursing now so hopefully she'll go down easily and get back to our 4 hour stretches. And never again will we spend the night somewhere unless absolutely necessary.
kary4 and rheaimedved like this.
June 19th, 2013, 07:18 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Second night in a row I've been able to get Lexi down by 8 pm! It feels amazing having the evening to myself! Maybe I should go to the grocery store? Nah, I'll veg on the couch, watch TV, and eat my chocolate
June 20th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Joshua always seems more cranky at night and nurse lots more so doesn't go down till 11 but usually sleeps okay after that but me and my SO have been bickering a lot lately I don't even know why we just seem to annoy each other the now it's exhausting and upsetting
rheaimedved likes this.

June 20th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Roman is starting to get baby acne It really bothers DH. But aside from that hes doing great. Im having a girls night tonight with a few JM friends so itll be my first time leaving baby. Makes me sad but I know hell be fine. Girls night out with a breast pump in tow, wahoooo!

June 20th, 2013, 07:06 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Memi that sounds fun! Have a great time!

I think Lexi has cradle cap...her scalp, forehead, and eyebrows are all flaky. Yuck! I've been using a textured, warm washcloth with a tiny bit of shampoo to scrub the area every day and started applying Calendula cream. Hope it clears fast...any other tips?
June 20th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've always used baby oil on cradle cap and it works great, but I am nervous about using it on eyebrows. Cadence has it there too and so far I've just been scrubbing it, too. If it doesn't get better, I thought maybe I could put the oil on with a cotton swab or something. Maybe that would work.

We're doing well here. Cadence went back to sleeping 5 hour stretches last night and I am happy about it!
June 20th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Since I've gone off dairy Misha's skin problems (mild eczema/flakiness on the forehead/a little baby acne) have all but gone away. Thank god.

On that note, he woke up every 45 minutes last night. Fortunately my dad, for whatever reason, was awake at 5 am and came in and took the baby from us, so we got 5 hours of sleep this morning. I just can't believe the baby hasn't gotten on a nighttime sleep schedule yet. We go to bed late, but we have the same routine every night. But rest assured he is now peacefully sleeping in the other room.

I bought some colic calm the other day and it does seem to help considerably with fussiness, but doesn't help him sleep longer stretches. Go figure.

In other news, my dad informed me the dogs like my breast milk. Uhhhh =/
EverydayJoy likes this.
June 20th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Kary...for cradle cap I use baby oil or some other kind of oil, like Erin said, and let it sit on the scalp for maybe 20 minutes, then use a soft toothbrush or other brush and scrub the flakes off. It doesn't really "cure" it, but kind of just helps baby look better in the meantime! I think it does come back and you just repeat that.

Rhea, I just have to laugh about the dogs and your breastmilk. Not sure how they might have gotten a taste...lol.
As for Misha, what about trying to wake him up during the day and keep him awake? Stimulation...tickle his feet...change his diaper...get him undressed...give him a bath. I know that would be exhausting to do all day, but maybe it would help reset his sleep times.

June 20th, 2013, 12:55 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Thanks, I'll try baby oil next!
June 20th, 2013, 01:47 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I was outta town yesterday, so I wasn't online. It was a good visit to my grandmom's. She loves seeing the kids, so I try to take the up as often as I can (it's an hour away and can be a long day, but worth it).

Today I took the dog to the vet with the kids (hahaha, such fun!) and then took them to the park for a picnic, which actually went really well.

Jo is in the acne boat too. And I admit it bothers me a little bit. Only because we have our big 4th of July family event in two weeks and the whole family meets her...I want her to look cute!! Lol. I hope it goes away before that. But I know it's a little petty of me to think that way. It's not her fault she looks like a hormone-crazed teenager!

Tonight is my anniversary, so me and DH are going to dinner. My mom is watching the boys. But I "chickened out" on leaving Jo. I am not ready yet, so we are taking her with us. It's not a big deal, since she will prolly sleep or just hang out on my shoulder the whole time. But I felt like an idiot wanting to take her along. DH doesn't mind. Good thing!

Oh, and she is 6 weeks old today It's going too fast!
June 20th, 2013, 02:36 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I'm not ready to leave Lexi at all. I haven't even introduced a bottle to her. If DH and I went out to dinner, I'd take her with us. But I'd feel bad leaving my son. So we haven't done it and probably won't anytime soon. If we go to dinner, it would have to be all 4 of us. The other issue is Lexi usually cluster feeds around dinner, so it's really not practical to go out for dinner these days with her. Lunch is ok though.
June 21st, 2013, 08:45 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Remy has been smiling since about when he was 6 weeks and starting to make cooing noises. hes still up every 2 hours about at night to eat but I have been changing him less these days. no more bad explosive poops...just once in a while, not every hour.
kary, I too have been putting remy to bed at 8. last night was the second night.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
June 21st, 2013, 08:59 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Last night was the third night I put Lexi down at 8 pm and she slept until 1 am! That's a five hour sleeping stretch. And it was 5.5 hrs between feeds, because she was last fed at 7:30 pm...woo hoo! I've also been putting her down for a nap within one hour of her morning feeding...it's working! She just napped from 10-11 am! I'm feeling good!
EverydayJoy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search