Ummm......5 or 6oz????

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kary4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This is INSANE. I am EP'ing for Lilah, she does not get formula. My other two girls drank 4oz of breast milk up until they were 6 months. I was giving Lilah 3.5 oz of breast milk, and she was SCREAMING after she finished, so I upped it to 4oz. She was ok with 4oz for a while, and now she's screaming after she's done 4oz, so I've been putting another oz in her bottle when she's not satisfied with 4oz. Just now, she drank SIX ounces. We gave her 4, she screamed like CRAZY for 20 min. We gave her 2 more ounces - she drank one, DH took the bottle out to burp her, and she LOST it. He then gave her the other ounce, and she's finally stopped crying and is just hanging out looking around.

This is NUTS to me. I can't even believe she's drinking this much. Anyone else's baby drinking this much???? I know I have rich breast milk, so I don't know why or how she's this hungry. She's 10lbs 1oz as of yesterday.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
June 19th, 2013, 05:11 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow that's a heck of a lot of breast milk. Kody does maybe 4 oz max, usually more like 3.5 oz.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 19th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I KNOW! It's insane!!!!! I just don't get it!

June 19th, 2013, 06:14 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Maybe it's a growth spurt?
June 19th, 2013, 06:44 PM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
I've been feeding Claire 3 oz at each feeding, but yesterday and today she's been acting crazy starving after a few of the feedings, so I've given her another 2 ounces. It's crazy to me! She's a little porker (which I love, I want to see some fat rolls girlfriend!).

I'm chalking ours up to a growth spurt, so maybe yours is, too?
June 19th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Cadence often has 5 oz, but that's formula, so I'm not sure what kind of difference that makes. Whatever makes her happy!
June 19th, 2013, 07:48 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Carter drank 5oz when he had his first bottle the other day. He will breastfeed for 8-12 minutes each time. He's up to about 11.5 lbs and he is 3 weeks old...that's a2lb weight gain.

Nichole
June 19th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i breastfeed most of the time, but misha will easily drink 5 oz in a feeding... and at night he'll drink more. but, i dunno, he's a huge baby. he's almost 6 weeks and almost 15 lbs.
June 20th, 2013, 04:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
She's not a huge baby.....so maybe it is a growth spurt? Who knows. She had 4oz this morning at 5:30am, barely finished it, and went right to sleep. It seems that after a good nap she wants to eat more.

June 20th, 2013, 10:21 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rheaimedved View Post
i breastfeed most of the time, but misha will easily drink 5 oz in a feeding... and at night he'll drink more. but, i dunno, he's a huge baby. he's almost 6 weeks and almost 15 lbs.
Wow. Kody is only 11 lbs. Big ol' boy you got there!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 20th, 2013, 01:31 PM
May 2013 Cohost
My Lexi was only 8 lbs, 9 oz last Friday!!!
EverydayJoy likes this.
June 20th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Chloe dont breastfeed she bottle fed, and she does this. She drinks about 6-7ozs ever 3hr or so when it was 5hrs. been going on for a wk now, Growth spurt would be my guess.

June 21st, 2013, 07:35 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Jeesh...Remy was only 9lbs. 11 oz. when I brought him to the dr. last week. he drinks about 3 1/2 to 4 oz. if I give him a bottle and that's not all in one time. he usually takes a break halfway through.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search