Sleep deprivation

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Erin80
  • 1 Post By kary4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2013, 04:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm dying here. Lilah is AWFUL every. single. night. She is good up until her first feeding. Around 1 or 2am she wakes, eats, poops, we change her, then she's up for 2 - 2 1/2 hrs. She's fussy, she's tired but won't sleep, she'll have a happy phase where she's just wired right up and shrieking. It's getting VERY old VERY fast. Last night I was up from 1:30am - 4am. Then she was up for another feed at 5:30am (because even though she didn't go to sleep until 4am, she had eaten at 1:30am...). Then she went back to sleep, but I had to get up to pump, and then my 4 yr old got up.

I'm getting barely ANY sleep. I don't know how to teach Lilah to SLEEP after a bottle!
rheaimedved likes this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
June 20th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Super Mommy
I don't know how you feel about "cry it out" but maybe you could try this variation of it if you don't feel comfortable with it: When she wakes up, do the change and feed then just sit there with her in the complete dark. No lights- no TV and no talking and no playing with her. She will start to learn that nighttime is boring and for SLEEP. She will probably cry and scream (but you will be holding her) until she finally falls asleep. Repeat every time she wakes up. It might take a few nights for her to figure it out, but she'll get there.

It will be VERY hard on you, because you'll be exhausted and just want her to stop crying- but stick with it- it will be worth the few days or week of hello to get her adjusted!

GOOD LUCK and SORRY!!
June 20th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
^ That's pretty much what we do. We don't leave our bedroom, keep the lights off, don't really talk, etc. I walk around with her, changing positions, and she does cry and fuss constantly....I have NO clue what she wants. She isn't catching on to the whole night time is for sleeping thing - she has these awake periods around the clock it seems.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
June 20th, 2013, 08:12 AM
May 2013 Cohost
What about extra milk at that time or more burping? I'm so sorry - that's got to be frustrating.
Skimboardin Mama likes this.
June 20th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have a similar problem with Misha-- just cannot get him to understand that nighttime is for sleeping more than 2 hours at a time. It's super frustrating because he eats a ton before going to bed and e change him and it often seems like he should sleep for awhile... but then he doesn't.

If you and your husband can take shifts so one night he's up with her and the next it's you, it might help you get some sleep at least once in awhile, instead of never. But I totally understand how difficult it is to sleep through something like that, even if you know they're being taken care of.
June 20th, 2013, 10:16 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wonder, would it work at all to delay the feeding that she's wanting when she first wakes at 1am? Maybe let her fuss/cry a bit and then feed her, maybe she'll wear herself out fussing and want to sleep after she finally eats? I dunno Erin, that sounds awful and I'm sorry you are not sleeping!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 20th, 2013, 12:38 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Kieran did this. I wish I had advice. He just stopped at some point. In my sleepy haze, I don't recall when. But I think before 3 months (I know, still not helping). We called it his "witching hours" because they were almost always from 2-5am. And then Liam woke up at 6. I remember spending a lot of time crying in those months. We thought Kierans was related to belly upset, since he almost always pooped before he went down again. But I can't even remember if I did anything about it that helped. So sorry

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search